Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg WANTS Governments To Censor Internet, Wonder Why?

WHY FACEBOOK SUCKS: >>>/related/9
Alternatives To State-run Social Media: https:// archive.fo/53IjY

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has asked governments and regulators to play a more active role in establishing rules to control the internet.

He wants the screws tightened on digital companies such as his own, and for sanctions to be given if they refuse to abide by rules on privacy, political or harmful content.

“We [internet users] have too much power.” he said

RT reports:
www.rt.com/usa/455173-facebook-regulation-zuckerberg-privacy/

Facebook has been under immense pressure from US lawmakers to crack down on supposedly Russia-linked political ads and bots they accused of sowing discord in the run-up to the 2016 election, as well as combating hate speech and protecting the personal data of its millions of users from being harvested by third parties such as the infamous Cambridge Analytica research firm.

Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of the scandal-ridden company, has embarked on a mission to repair its image, recently unveiling his “privacy-focused” vision. On Saturday, he took the damage control one step further, telling the government he’s been a bad boy and needs to be regulated.

Governments taking up a more active role in policing the internet is a good thing, Zuckerberg wrote in an op-ed published by the Washington Post. Government control would actually somehow create more freedom, he argues, by setting up an internet-sized safe space.

“I believe we need a more active role for governments and regulators. By updating the rules for the Internet, we can preserve what’s best about it — the freedom for people to express themselves and for entrepreneurs to build new things — while also protecting society from broader harms,” Zuckerberg wrote.

Facebook and Twitter were accused of bias and censorship after they purged hundreds of alternative media pages ahead of the November 2018 midterm election. Recently, Facebook imposed a ban on any praise of “white nationalism” and “white separatism,” prompting more free speech concerns.

1newspunch.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-asks-governments-for-more-internet-regulation/
1web.archive.org/web/20190401162102/https://newspunch.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-asks-governments-for-more-internet-regulation/

Attached: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg WANTS Governments To Censor Internet, Wonder Why.jpg (900x548, 63.49K)

naga… nagabuyit, kikestein. speak for yourself.

but maybe he's right. anti-censorship laws on the internet are maybe the only laws we need. sounds good. he should be the one to spend his money and position of influence, jew priv (or "jp") card, pushing something like this forward.

Lol @ Trump going to the wall today

I mean FENCE…. only 12 miles of fence
that was budgeted in 2009…………….

Only 12 miles of REPLACED FENCE
scheduled to be replaced ten years ago

And Trump's threat to 'shut down the border this week' became 'im going to give Mexico a year'

So….. No wall…. No emergency… No shutdown…

nothing but empty threats

RE: priv

weren't sure how to spell 'privilege'?

Regulation is good for FB because it protects its financial interests. If it has any negative effects, they all fall on its users, not on Zuckerberg, because they apply to all social media.

If he voluntarily regulated the site the way he’s suggesting, users would just go somewhere else where they have freedom.

The line about “entrepreneurs inventing new shit” is autobiographical. He wants to protect his income. If Facebook was judged liable for a streamed shooting or a measles epidemic, he’d have to deal with the problem in dollars.

He’s not doing this for anyone else’s benefit. He’s protecting his wealth.

today is April 5th, 2019
the day when Trump made it official. He's not shutting down any border. His wall is a 12 miles section of fence that already existed.

There's no national emergency
There's no invasion

sorry about that

in other words, you don't understand anything about the type of idiots who use Facebook?

Well I know they’re idiots by and large but I’m looking at it from a business perspective. I gave up Facebook about five years ago. I thought I’d miss it but I didn’t. So I may be out of touch.

But if I was Zuckerberg, and I was facing government regulation, I’d want it across the board and not on my site only. A good way to ensure that would be to position myself as an advocate for internet safety and government oversight. Kinda like google in China. That way any shitty thing that happened to my site would happen to twitter and YouTube and all the other future social media platforms out there and would not impair my income specifically.

If he fights against it he runs the risk of losing market share or even being barred access to his customer base before they decide to leave.

Antivaxxers and racists and election fraud fans make tons of money for him. Their posts get shared and show up in mainstream media and generate flame wars and all kinds of shit that results in more ad exposures and more paychecks and dividends for Facebook. Removing that content only hurts him financially but it’s better than losing the whole wad.

I know. A new report about this is in the works.

it's a stupid situation though

you want the government regulation so you can be a utility and not responsible for having corrupt people get upset at the content on your platform

you don't argue for the opposite like this, it's really stupid and really what occurs in the end ? You might as well just be amazon or ebay, selling material products or something, at least it's honest commerce, because you're going to be forced that way eventually when everyone realises you're just big brother

lol

CLOWN WORLD

no, no-one wonders why

It sounded like he was open to laws prohibiting corporate censorship.
Have the jews out-jewed themselves?

Attached: 1544910489463.jpg (719x1279, 86.86K)

REAL NEWS

LEGIT NEWS BUMP

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES