The Cops Want to Know What’s Happening on Zig Forums

motherjones.com/politics/2019/04/Zig Forums-canary/
American law enforcement agencies apparently want to know more about what’s happening on Zig Forums.

According to the site’s March 2o19 “Transparency Report,” released Friday, the image board had “received and complied with” 12 requests from the U.S. government and or U.S law enforcement agencies over the course of the month. The site also received two requests from foreign authorities, which it says it ignored.

The numbers are unusually high compared to the site’s past monthly reports, and they come after Zig Forums played host to a pre-shooting announcement from the man who New Zealand authorities have said killed 50 Muslim worshipers in Christchurch in March.

The site’s previous transparency reports, which only date back to July 2018 despite having launched in 2013, never indicated more than two requests from U.S. government and law enforcement agencies over the course of a single month. In the handful of past instances where Zig Forums has disclosed requests made by authorities abroad, it has also said it has ignored them. But unlike Friday’s release, previous reports have named the foreign investigators: Russia’s Roskomnadzor and a Polish cybercrime authority.

Zig Forums did not immediately return a Mother Jones request lodged at the site’s Twitter account seeking further details about its interactions with law enforcement. The account did, however, tweet on March 16 that it was “responding to law enforcement” the day after the Christchurch shootings.

They can read on 8ch.

According to the site’s March 2019 “Transparency Report,” released Friday, the image board had “received and complied with” 12 requests from the U.S. government and or U.S law enforcement agencies over the course of the month.

12 requests in 1(one) month

/killcen/
u fucked

sung to the melody of BARANCLE BILL the fed

"Who is knocking at my door,"
Said the old paranoid /killcen/.
"Who is knocking at my door,"

"Open the door and let me in,"
Said the nigger in the cell;
"Open the door and let me in,"
Said the nigger in the cell.

"You may sleep upon the jail floor,"
"To hell with the floor, I can't fuck that,"

"You may lie down at my side,"
"To hell with your side, I can't fuck that,"

"You may lie between my thighs,"
"What've you got between your thighs?"

"O, I've got a nice pin-cushion,"
"And I've got a pin that will just fit in,"

"But what if i have a shit?"
"lick my dick off and use sum mouthwash,"

"But what about the feds, sir,"

?

this isn't fair to do to killcen. in all honesty, only 9 of those US law enforcement requests were about him.

as if his threats weren't already bad enough, yesterday he decided to admit the thing with the 14 year old.

Attached: PicsArt_04-08-12.19.33.jpg (1746x1799, 640.97K)

What in the name of hell did I do to deserve all this attention?

I'm only a news poster for Christs sake. Half of whats on /killcen/ wasn't even posted by me anyway! Strange.

Is it really a crime to mix real news with some hyperbole every once in a while? Shouldn't be. None of what I said were actual threats or meant to incite anything. I think the LE (if they are investigating me) are getting me mixed up with some other crazies from Zig Forums.

Whoever said something about a teenage girl wasn't me.

If anyone from law enforcement possibly investigating "Killcen" go ahead and just ask some questions right on here. I'll do my best to answer what you want to know.

you're not killcen

Operation "Kill Censorship" was for news backups and mirroring 5 or 6 years ago. And it was not one person, there were many others who joined the fun and mirrored tons of backups they had as well. I think at least 3 other anons called themselves "Killcen" too, or at least mimicked the original one. So if they are looking for IPs or something its likely to be traced to all kinds of different places around the globe, some of which may no longer be online anymore, or are doing their own shit elsewhere. Who really knows at this point? Not even I do.

that's not the way law enforcement conducts investigations. when they're ready to 'interview' you, you'll know it

So, making threats to kill innocent people and politicians is 'fun'?

you could use thousands of IPs, and that would simply make it easier to find you through simple mathematics. plus, it's your ISP that doomed you.

Never made any threats. Recall the word "should be" does NOT mean actually doing something or planning anything. Its very vague and was part of the edited hyperbole mixed in.

What the crazy NZ shooter did was make direct threats with full intent, therefore justifying investigations.

However, I did not commit any crime in the first place. Regardless how controversial my topics are, or threads are, there was no actual crime commit. WHY would they want to bother an innocent news contributer? Makes no sense.

exactly what part of 'completely traceable digital footprint' did you not understand?

Well I don't know whats going on either, this could all be related to the mass shooting in NZ for all we know. Why they would want to investigate an old drunk like me who posts alternative news (and some satire) is beyond me.

I am not a federal or state law enforcement investigator. I'm afraid you're wasting your time with me. I would save it for the interview room, and I would also suggest retaining legal counsel.

Just remember what they say:

-everybody claims they are not guilty once the investigation begins

-anybody who represents themselves in a criminal prosecution has a fool for an attorney

perhaps you'll get lucky rolling the dice.
probably not, but perhaps.

if I were you, I'd prepare for the extremely realistic possibility that you are being investigated

Forgive me if I find it ironic that you go so far out of your way to prepare for mathematically improbable hypothetical future doomsday events, but right now you're going out of your way to convince yourself that there's no need to prepare for a very realistic possibility (I didn't say probability, I said possibility) that you are already the target of an investigation by federal and state law enforcement investigators.

You're always telling us that if it ends up that all of your paranoia about the conspiracy theories was unnecessary, that you would still feel good about it, and you wouldn't feel like you wasted your time.

I'm confused why you don't feel the same way about this situation.

Sure, there's a mathematical possibility that you WON'T be detained and questioned….

but what would it hurt to exercise a little preparation?

Its odd how Zig Forums tends to make direct threats often but that never seems to be investigated, yet I simply make a joke on a thread that 'politicians guilty of treason should be assassinated' somehow is spun into me being a terrorist. That was not a threat. At worst its an opinion by a kooky news reporter.

Are they investigating it? Maybe they are. But what would be the crime? That thread was edited with TONS of doomsday hyperbole.

OJ Simpson's legal dream team did a pretty good job of getting him off the hook. Perhaps they are available?

That's probably exactly why it stood out

like they didn't know already honk honk motherfuckers

You'd expect to hear wolves howling in the hills.

but when you hear one howl in the chicken coop, it stands out

Anything is possible I guess, but I'm confused about why they would have me arrested over a very vague assassination joke, which was not at all a direct threat in the first place, just part of the hyperbole. I would like to know what the hell is going on too. You said yourself that there was only one person who globally reported it as a "threat."

Oh, they already know… Of course….

The 12 law enforcement requests were targeted at specific posts

posts by 3 individuals…

one post each from two people, and ten different posts made by 1 individual, using different IP addresses, all of which can easily be traced back to the source

again: preparing a defense strategy should be done in private with your attorney.

A: EVERYBODY

Q: who proclaims their innocence upon realizing they're facing criminal prosecution?

I'm pretty sure they've heard the "I was joking" thing before

I'm not qualified to give you legal advice…….

except THIS: charges can be reduced and sentences shortened by entering into a plea bargain agreement

Were these posts threats? Or was it something like CP or other illegal content posted? Also, do you work for them or Zig Forums?

they were just 'jokes', according to the suspect.

jokes about 'pretending' that he was violating federal laws, 'pretending'that he was inciting acts of violence against elected officials.

THOSE kind of 'jokes'

Are you sure they are actually coming to get me? Or would this just be a routine investigation into a possible threat?

and to answer your question, I'm an independent contractor who actually considers the suspect to be my friend

Dogs shit on floors

Cats bury their shit fastidiously

Birds chirp

Bees sting

Rain falls

Cars drive

Children play

Preachers preach

Teachers teach

AND POLICE ARREST PEOPLE

How was that inciting violence? I admit my joke went a little overboard but there was obviously no threat or intention of violence. Are you saying that my life is now at stake over this?

You just answered your own question

Yah, so maybe I'm a suspect, but I'm not guilty of anything. They should do their damn investigation and leave me alone because I didn't make an actual threat.

Are you saying I'm actually guilty of a crime?

When you said it went overboard, that means you were not in control. That's like a college student the saying "the hazing got out of hand" and a fraternity member died.

I'm not saying you are going to be arrested. I'm not saying your life is in danger. I'm not saying any of that, because that would be going overboard

I'm simply saying you should do what you do best

PREPARE just in case… You never know if the worst-case scenario might happen, and even though everything seems calm right now, that's always the way it seems until they show up at your front door

and as you know if it's a federal investigation involving threats of violence or inciting acts of violence against elected officials, they're going to take their time and make sure they understand the parameters before they make a rash move

They would be less likely to come try to kick your door in then they would to intercept to when you drove to a post office or something like that

Well I know I'm now "Ironclad" so they can keep their eyes on me if they choose to. I promise I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just a disgruntled, yet silly, drunk who likes to make jokes and post news. I don't deserve having my life ruined over very vague hyperbole. I would HOPE they understand that by now.

Number One:
There's no such thing as a 'routine police investigation'. Police don't investigate unless they intend on proving you have violated the law, and while their procedures may seem 'routine', there is nothing vague or ambiguous about their intention when they begin investigating someone.

Number Two:
Whenever a suspect realizes law enforcement knows they committed the crime, and realize saying 'they never did it' is not a viable option, 94% of the suspects will claim they 'were just joking', while only 6% of the suspects have the balls to simply admit they are guilty.

Number Three:
In the United States of America, 98% of all criminal prosecutions are settled with plea bargains, with only 2% actually going to trial.

Pay very close attention, sir……….

If you had retained a paid attorney right now, the first thing he would tell you is "STOP MAKING STATEMENTS"

Miranda:
"anything you say can and WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU in a court of law"

WILL BE

LMAO
M
A
O

not 'might be'

not 'could be'

not 'ought to be'

not 'should be'

WILL BE

ANYTHING you say

WILL BE

used against you

twisted

cherry picked

and used against you

we all know exactly who we're talking about

and so do investigators

Well I don't think I committed a crime by saying what I did because it was very vague and meant to be hyperbole/satire. I didn't actually even think about it until people starting reporting it as a "threat" and to which I already addressed it was not. Perhaps they are being as paranoid as I often am?

Remember that thing we used to try when we were children? The old "look up there! It's a spider!" distraction technique, then you would try to run away?…..

the "i was joking" technique is equally as ineffective

What 'other people think and do' really isn't important right now.

In fact, focusing on the past, rolling the incident over in your mind again and again isn't helping you.

You should probably be focusing on the future, preparing for the possibilities, planning how you will respond and behave.

And at the very least, focusing on your behavior from this point forward.

Stop listening to the shills you're not going to get arrested, people talk about killing politicians every day on facebook.

If you had posted a plan to do so they would have already had a guy at your door.

YOU CAN INDICT A PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH

That's a famous quote about the legal system in America. the reason they say you can indict a peanut butter sandwich is because the indictment process in America is extremely one-sided.

Only the prosecution appears at an indictment, and defense attorneys are not allowed to present their side of the story to the grand jury.

Because juries always seem to side with 'the justice system', almost ALL grand juries end up approving the indictment presented by the prosecution.

that's why prosecutors don't even really have to try very hard during the indictment hearing.

They just give their classic speech about how 'the culprit violated the law', and the jury sides with them….

No…. Actually NO… no they DON'T….

people DON'T threaten to kill elected officials everyday on Facebook… You're full of shit

And nobody said he's going to get arrested… I have never suggested that he is going to get arrested.

We are simply being honest and telling him there's a realistic possibility that it could happen

telling him anything less would be doing him a great disservice

But I actually am a moral person (regardless of all my faults), and I DO feel bad that I am being investigated because they THINK I'm some kind of maniac terrorist. I feel bad my hyperbole was misconstrued as a threat. And thats part of the reason I'm concerned over this whole mess. They really need to focus on people who actually make direct threats instead of wasting time on an old disgruntled guy like me.

Thats the thing Johnny, I never made a threat to kill anyone.

"Should be" is not a direct threat even IF it was sincere, that would still be an opinion. No matter how extreme that opinion might be. In this case, it was mixed with a TON of other hyperbole as you can clearly see by reading the edited text of the report.

So there is a place with voys refusing to drink the koolaid. Oy vey, shut it down.

Give me an example of, "a joke."

If there was a tool citizens could use that the government couldn't beat—guess what? Usage of said tool would be illegal. You can only make it harder for the government but they'll inevitably get you.

Grand juries are just random assholes off the street. You can tell them fifty times before the indictment that the reason they’re there is to establish whether a crime was committed but in the end 75% of them are going to find based on “well he got arrested for SOMETHING.”

I guess we can no longer rely on (((the media))) to blame halfchan for our shenanigans. It was fun while it lasted.

this
lel

So, a dyslexic guy walks into a bra….

I'm on YOUR side, dude………………..

all I'm saying is a district attorney can easily convince a grand jury that "should be" equates to 18 U.S. Code § 2102, an attempted conspiracy to incite acts of violence against elected officials….

Egg Zack Lee™

Just like Samuel Clemens said under the pseudonym 'Mark Twain' :

"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it."

Similarly, if any publicly-accessible techniques of avoiding investigation and monitoring worked, they wouldn't be available

I guess it really comes down to THIS:

did you know other people would read your comment? YES

were you aware that the people reading it were volatile anti-establishment anarchist types? YES

did you really 'need' to make the comment? NO

is it possible to accurately detect sarcasm in the written word without clarification that it's satire? NO

did you preface the comment with clarification that you were 'telling a joke'? NO

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

if the world is going to be hit by an asteroid tonight, there's no logic in spending the final remaining hours in panic mode.

panic, fear & stress are not going to prevent the inevitable

That's exactly why NASA announced a few years ago that "in the case of a catastrophic global event, such as an asteroid hitting Earth, the decision has been made NOT to notify the public, due to the equally as catastrophic panic that would ensue"

they know humans would freak out, murder their families, etc etc

That was just a month or so before they lied and said that asteroid 99942 Apophiswont collide with Earth on Friday the 13th of April 2029

this is a joke
Death to government spooks
/s
am i doing it right

No, it's not a joke.

Federal law enforcement do not take threats of violence against elected officials lightly, and they don't treat these cases jokingly.

In fact, it's quite the opposite.

Warrant canary is still on the home page at the time of this post. Does that mean someones lying?

Warrants are only required when:

1: Jim won't volunteer the requested logs

2: The NSA doesn't already have the same data

In other words, the canary isn't ever going to be necessary

Killcen, you're going to be fine…

Everything will be just fine

you'll adjust…. Before you're incarcerated, please leave me the keys to your house and car.

Thankyou

I've been wanting to move to Ohio anyway

RE: joke

does this look like a comedy club to you?

Attached: 20190408_143845.jpg (1280x723, 313.35K)

THIS is a 'joke'

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 114.51K)

THIS is a federal prosecution

Attached: 20190408_144253.jpg (1280x853, 434.07K)

Individuals accused of federal crimes often want to know the differences between state and federal prison. These individuals might have friends who have been to state prison and so they've heard stories about what it's like, but they might not have heard any stories about the federal prison system. Let's take a look at several of the most important differences between these two systems of incarceration.

Federal prisons are used to house individuals convicted of breaking federal law. The federal prison system has existed since 1930 when President Hoover established it. Federal prisons have three different classifications: low security, medium security and high security. Most of the individuals housed in federal facilities have broken drug laws or have committed some kind of political crime. Also, individuals convicted of bank robbery and various white collar crimes may also find themselves in federal prison.

Here are a few more differences between state and federal prison:

There are more state prisons than federal prisons.
Federal prisons tend to have higher security than state ones.
Prisoners who have committed violent crimes are more likely to be in state prison,
State prisons are often considered to be less safe than federal ones because more violent criminals live in them.

In some cases, a North Carolina defendant may be able to request that his or her matter be tried in state or federal court depending on the circumstances. Ultimately, defendants will want to consider the differences between state and federal requirements for a conviction, the threat of conviction and the difference between the punishment standards associated with their alleged offenses.

At the core, the difference between state and federal prisons are the government bodies that operate them. State prisons are operated by state governments, and federal prisons are operated by the federal government. The differences between the two types of prisons in the United States go beyond this, though. Federal prisons tend to have larger populations of white collar criminals, such as fraudsters and tax evaders, versus state prisons that generally have a higher proportion of violent offenders.

Tip
State correctional facilities are operated by state governments and house individuals convicted under state law. Federal correctional facilities are operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons and house individuals convicted under federal law.

Jail vs. Prison: Are they the Same?

Federal and state prisons are not the only types of correctional facility in the United States. Although the terms “jail” and “prison” are sometimes used interchangeably, jails are not the same as prisons. Jails are operated at the state, county or municipal level and house individuals awaiting trial and those serving short sentences. In addition to jails and prisons, individuals are incarcerated in Indian Country jails, juvenile detention facilities, military prisons, civil commitment centers, prisons in U.S. territories and immigration detention facilities throughout the country and its territories.

What is the Difference Between State and Federal Prison?

The difference between state and federal prison starts in court. When individuals are charged with a federal offense such as tax evasion, or they commit crimes on federal property or crimes that cross state lines such as drug trafficking or kidnapping, they face federal criminal charges. These charges are brought by federal prosecutors on behalf of the federal government. They are heard in federal district courts throughout the country, where they are ruled upon by federal judges.

During federal criminal trials, representatives from federal agencies, like the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Drug Enforcement Administration, testify on behalf of the United States. Generally, defending against a federal charge is more complicated than defending a state charge because the federal government has more resources available to use in prosecution. State crimes, by contrast, are tried in state courts. If the sentence requires incarceration, it will be in a state prison.

Attached: 56da678a67334a289787eb018f2dc190.jpg (750x428, 37.08K)

So how do they differ?

Federal prison sentences tend to be longer than state prison sentences. Many federal charges have mandatory minimum sentence lengths for convicted individuals which are sometimes, though not always, longer than state-mandated penalties for a similar type of crime.

State prisons tend to have more violent offenders in their populations. Because the types of cases heard in federal court tend to be non-violent offenses like fraud and identity theft, the individuals serving time in federal prisons are more likely to be non-violent offenders (although federal prisons do contain kidnappers, sex traffickers, drug dealers and murderers). State prisons tend to house a higher percentage of violent vs. non violent criminals, as violent crimes are typically creatures of state law.

Federal prisoners could be sent anywhere. Individuals sentenced to federal prison may be sent to any prison in the country, whereas individuals sentenced to state prison serve their sentences in the state where they are convicted.

Federal prisons are perceived as better run. The Federal Bureau of Prisons receive more funding and thus tend to have better food, facilities and education programs. State prison systems are reliant on state taxes for their budget and are often perceived as underfunded and poorly managed.

There are also many similarities between state and federal prisons. Both often offer work and education programs for inmates. Through these programs, inmates can build vocational skills, pursue higher education and earn money.

United States Prison Statistics

As of 2018, more than 2.3 million people are incarcerated in the United States. The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world, with 716 people incarcerated for every 100,000 residents, as of in 2018. Additional facts about incarceration in America include:

There are 1,719 state prisons in the United States.
The Bureau of Prisons operates 102 federal prisons.
There are 3,163 local jails that serve America’s short-term incarceration needs.
Twenty percent of incarcerated Americans were convicted of drug offenses.
As of 2017, 4,500 minors are serving time in adult correctional facilities.
In total, 34,000 minors were in detention facilities, with another 20,000 living in residential facilities operated by juvenile justice systems.

At both the state and the federal level, prison security levels vary. There are separate facilities for men and women at both levels, and both provide resources like counseling and substance addiction treatment for inmates who need them. For most prisoners, the overall goal is rehabilitation and eventual release.

A federal prison is where inmates who have violated (or have been accused of violating) federal law are incarcerated. There are currently 122 federal prisons holding approximately 190,000 inmates in the US. In 2016, the majority of federal inmates were made up of 59% whites and 38% African-Americans. Males make up 93% of the federal prison population. Drug convicts make up 46.4% of all federal inmates. Federal prisons also house inmates charged with white collar crimes such as racketeering, money laundering, and fraud. Federal crimes also encompass crimes committed across state borders and against government officials, institutions, and agents.

Federal prison systems are managed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which is a federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Justice. The Federal Bureau of Investigation handles cases under their jurisdictions.

In 2013, the Federal Bureau of Prisons received close to $6.5 billion for its annual budget. This is the main reason federal prisons are often viewed as better-run facilities than state-managed prisons.

Attached: 20190408_145818.jpg (2560x1572, 1.01M)

Yes. Where on earth do you think you are?

A: I don't 'think' jack shit… I know

this is a fishtank. a highly monitored fishtank, and all the fish came here voluntarily, foolishly thinking they were smarter than other fish, and stupidly assuming that they were somehow 'stealthy' and nobody outside of the fish tank could see them.

Attached: PicsArt_04-08-03.06.46.png (860x522, 331.95K)

and these fish they are very clever, all of them entering the fish tank through a garden hose, unaware that the garden hose was manufactured by the people watching from outside of the fish tank…

Johnny, why do I have a strange feeling you are trying your best to convince me to commit suicide?

and as if that's not already bad enough, a majority of these fish grew up playing video games, which turned women off, and it became a vicious cycle, because the more that women got turned off the more they played video games, and the more they played video games the more they turned women off, so they ended up being adult male fish with no girlfriends, video game controllers in their hands, traveling through a government-created garden hose into a containment fish tank to be monitored, were they all tried to convince themselves that they weren't social and sexual failures….

Any other questions?

How do we know for sure WHAT these investigations are for exactly? I mean after all, there was A LOT of support threads on Zig Forums for the NZ shooter, and they were loaded with crazies egging people to kill others like that shooter did.

Is this paranoia I have warranted? I hope for my sake its not. Because I did not make any kind of threat at all. Unlike many others I caught doing it the last few weeks.

I have a question, are you trying to scare the shit out of me and is this one of your similar jokes like the time you insisted you reported me, later saying you lied about it?

Regardless, if you intended me be on high alert, well I am.

I would never try to coax you into suicide. never

very well said, sir. very well said

I want the house and the truck after you kill yourself. just write something about me getting your property in the suicide note, and get it notarized

Killcen, all of this is performance art

No one will get my property except for my family encase there is a death. And I pray that isn't soon. We'll see, won't we?

All I will say is I'm not going to jail. Not alive. I MADE NO THREATS. Re-read that hyperbole thread, it was edited as fuck, and it was a joke-of-a-thread filled with hyperbole.

And I don't care what anyone says from now on. Stay away from me because my alert level is HIGH.

H ello
Y ou
P robably
E nacted
R equests
B y
O fficers of
L aw
E nforcement

I just want the truck and the toasters

Give them time.

threat to kill police then kill himself if he's apprehended

got it 👍

Attached: PicsArt_04-08-03.59.20.png (1080x1048, 779.57K)

I'd never said I'd kill anyone. But I will not be thrown into a cage and treated like cattle either, even if that means ending my own life. You wanted my attention. You got it. You wanted me to be paranoid. You got me paranoid. What do you expect? I did nothing wrong and I expect to be left alone. If what I said is illegal, you trying to troll someone to kill themselves MIGHT BE too.

do you want to elaborate on your plan 'not to go to jail, even if it means use of deadly force'?

Or was that just hyperbole?

No it is psychological warfare and people saying my life is at threat for something I didn't even do. Now I'm labeled "ironclad" and they are watching everything I do and go. And Johnny is telling me I'm going to be locked up for life any day now. This is a direct attack against an innocent American!

WITCH HUNT!!!