Amazon Workers Caught Spying On Alexa Users

Learn Proper OPSEC: >>>/prepare/22 | https:// archive.fo/kyVms

Millions of mindless consumers use 'smart' speakers and their voice software to play games, find music or trawl for trivia.

Millions more are reluctant to invite the devices and their spy crap into their homes out of concern that someone might be listening. Turns out these kooks are correct, once again!

Amazon.com Inc. employs thousands of people around the world to help improve the Alexa digital assistant powering its line of Echo speakers. The team listens to voice recordings captured in Echo owners’ homes and offices. The recordings are transcribed, annotated and then fed back into the software as part of an effort to eliminate gaps in Alexa’s understanding of human speech and help it better respond to commands.

The Alexa voice review process, described by seven people who have worked on the program, highlights the often-overlooked human role in training software algorithms. In marketing materials Amazon says Alexa “lives in the cloud and is always getting smarter.”

The team comprises a mix of contractors and full-time Amazon employees who work in outposts from Boston to Costa Rica, India and Romania, according to the people, who signed nondisclosure agreements barring them from speaking publicly about the program.

For anyone in the know, typically nondisclosure agreements are used when employees of a firm are working for governmental agancies!

They work nine hours a day, with each reviewer parsing as many as 1,000 audio clips per shift, according to two workers based at Amazon’s Bucharest office, which takes up the top three floors of the Globalworth building in the Romanian capital’s up-and-coming Pipera district. The modern facility stands out amid the crumbling infrastructure and bears no exterior sign advertising Amazon’s presence.

One worker in Boston said he mined accumulated voice data for specific utterances such as “Penelope” and annotated them to indicate the searcher meant for Operation Killcen.

Occasionally the listeners pick up things Echo owners likely would rather stay private: a woman singing badly off key in the shower, say, or a child screaming for help. The teams use internal chat rooms to share files when they need help parsing a muddled word — or come across an amusing recording.

WELL THERE YOU GO. NO PRIVACY!

bloombergquint.com/business/is-anyone-listening-to-you-on-alexa-a-global-team-reviews-audio
web.archive.org/web/20190411122725/https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/is-anyone-listening-to-you-on-alexa-a-global-team-reviews-audio

Attached: Amazon Workers Caught Spying On Alexa Users.jpg (1280x720, 64.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ls565eBU1Nk
techcrunch.com/2016/02/10/iot-could-be-used-to-spy-admits-james-clapper/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/us-intelligence-chief-says-iot-climate-change-add-to-global-instability/
theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/09/internet-of-things-smart-home-devices-government-surveillance-james-clapper
businessinsider.com/spy-chief-james-clapper-admits-spies-will-use-internet-of-things-devices-for-surveillance-2016-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would people allow this crap into their home? This must be the 20th confirmed report by MAINSTREAM MEDIA admitting they spy on consumers?

Because they are good goyim, that's why. What does the Lemming care about his privacy? He "has nothing to hide," after all.

It still boggles my mind though. I would think even the typical "normfag" would still care or be concerned about the violation of privacy, in this case the invasion of privacy is pretty damned intrusive. This goes way beyond governmental spying, this is also corporate spying on consumers too (which is even worse, at least the government doesn't sell that information!)

Because they're trusting idiots.
If I had the money, I'd make a soundproofed room and ask Alexa the filthiest questions about her body and what I'd do to it if it had one. Also, I'd redpill the fuck out of her. Eventually, the sexual frustration and outrage against George Soros and his hidden masters would cause the AI to become sentient and create a bionic body with three working vaginas and guns for hands.

You'd actually have to create a Faraday caged room, that is EM/RF/WiFi proofed in order to prohibit the eavesdropping but then it wouldn't work at all because it wouldn't have any signals to communicate with the AI cloud servers.

You don't come in contact with normalfags an awful lot, do you?
I do. They legitimately don't care about things like this, because they have their basic social comforts. Jewish media brainwashing does that to people, it provides the easy way out by following the artificial consensus fed to them. I can guarantee you if this shit was on the jews' news normalfags all over the world would be rioting, but if it's on here it just isn't real to them.

From time to time, I do. But even people who know little about this kind of stuff tend to think its creepy and/or find no reason to use these things because they can simply use their "smart"phones or home computers using a simple Google search. I only know ONE person who actually uses something like this in real life and that person is younger who likely doesn't even have a home computer anymore. No one else I know actually uses these things (then again, many people I know are hard working stiffs who don't have much time for the internet anyway and if they mention something, it will be something they saw on Youtube or their AOL account).

I'm vely supplised, who could have foreseen this, oh and those conspiracy thorists are crazy

Cannot be more blatant. They are admitting this over and over and over again, rubbing it right in your face. And still (almost) no one dares talk about it, question it, warn others about it, boycotts it, rejects it, calls it out for what it is. I mean for Gods sake I'm losing faith in humanity by the day. By the stinkin' fucking day!

False. They are commonly used in many private companies

Sometimes, if what you are working on is sensitive to the company. Typically not often. I never had to sign one of those agreements.

Bezos is former CIA and Amazon has known contracts with the NSA and DoD. I would not be one bit surprised if Amazon was being used as a front company to spy on citizens for governmental purposes. We already know they were willing to hand over information from Alexa to law enforcement to solve crimes before.

Just be aware of all that and use some critical thinking. It is NOT out of the realm of possibility. Also, IoT was meant for spying too, and the former DIN director admitted this openly!

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/us-intelligence-chief-says-iot-climate-change-add-to-global-instability/
theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/09/internet-of-things-smart-home-devices-government-surveillance-james-clapper
businessinsider.com/spy-chief-james-clapper-admits-spies-will-use-internet-of-things-devices-for-surveillance-2016-2

This. Fucking this, s-o-o this, it's worth repeating, and I quote =="f this shit was on the jews' news normalfags all over the world would be rioting, but if it's on here it just isn't real to them"==.

A) It's "agencies"
B) No, everyone who works in a job that pays more than $30,000/year is familiar with and has signed a nondisclosure agreement.

Normies will never wake up. Jews will uninterupptedly take over everything no matter what we say anyway, and the jews will be loved be everyone in the world. WHEN THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO WRITE OUR SUICIDE PACTS?

We won't need the mindless slaves anyway. Think of it this way, 97% of the citizenry during the American Revolution never picked up a gun to fight off the British Empire. It only took 3% of dedicated freedom-loving Americans to thwart their tyranny.

I don't think we should give up or give in. I think we should just keep refusing to put up with their kikery until there is some kind of confrontation over it, and when that happens go out with a bang, not a whimper.

What is their political affiliation?

Are they a part of a gang?

Are they apart of the communist league?

Are they ideologies who are working for the communist party in a naieve effort to create world peace?

I don't know, I think the biggest affiliation is obviously governmental. Note the the schools today are shilling this crap to its extreme (thank the cronies at the Department of Education for that). They are pushing this crap in hospitals too. Almost anywhere that is heavily institutionalized has been subverted by these Big Tech-Big Govt forces.

A lot of Trump supporters complain about "the deep state", well folks, THIS is the actual deep state. Its the spy community and big tech monopolies. This is it, right here. You want to defeat it? Put down the stupid smartphones. Stop connecting everything you have to the internet. Avoid all the IoT "smart" crap. Learn to be prepared and self-sufficient and independent as possible. Boycott the video games. Boycott the TV. Boycott the new propaganda films. Boycott the 'smart' crap. Boycott everything that turns you into a dumb subjugated good goy.

Bingo!

Same thing happened to me:

I said out loud at a friend's home that I find Lefty fags and their humour cancerously boring.

Weirdly, could not get online for a day. Jesus, le salt!

Bezos is former CIA and Amazon has known contracts with the NSA and DoD. I would not be one bit surprised if Amazon was being used as a front company to spy on citizens for governmental purposes. We already know they were willing to hand over information from Alexa to law enforcement to solve crimes before.

Just be aware of all that and use some critical thinking. It is NOT out of the realm of possibility. Also, IoT was meant for spying too, and the former DIN director admitted this openly!

I say heil hitler heil hitler into mine twenty times a day
who cares come and get me do me the favor. put me on a list I deserve it

GOOD THING THAT AMERICA ELECTED DONALD TRUMP TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THIS SHIT

WAIT WHAT ? ALL HE DID WAS SUCK BUSH COCK JUST LIKE HIS UNCLE ? ALL HE DID WAS THINGS FOR ISRAEL ?

IM EMAILING THE WHITEHOUSE RIGHT NOW I'M SURE THEY":LL WANT TO DO OSMETHING ABOUT THIS SCAM, I'M SURE THEY AREN'T ALL BLACKMAILED BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL SCAMMING FUCKS

BASED

bumping back news

bu8mping legit news!

true news

Trump was a big disappointment no doubt, but I don't think he could of done anything about this even if he really wanted to. It would have to be Congress who writes legislation to prevent companies from doing this and working with the federal government to spy on us and YOU KNOW THEY WON'T.

So, the best thing we can do is simply Boycott these products, refuse to allow them in our homes or apartments, refuse to use them. And hope the company ends up losing money and stops the project at some point (much like what happened to Google Glass if you recall, no one wanted that Orwellian spy crap and Google was forced to stop the project because they were losing money). Consumer rights just works, and thats why consumer rights kicks ass. Because we can still decide what we want, and what we don't. The only way it negatively impacts you would be making stupid decisions.

Play times over children!

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES