Russia turns off the internet?

==Russia’s Web Blackout Threat

Steaming full ahead like a Soviet locomotive, Russia has promised by 2020, 95% of its internet traffic will be delivered by domestic servers. Abroad, Putin’s rhetoric on the subject borders on delusion and a deep-seated requirement to secure the state from outside cybercrime
Sources at Rosbizneskansalting (RBK) reported earlier in the year that the Russian government announced it intended to disconnect the country from Runet, the country’s internal internet, sometime before April.

This willingness for isolation in the face of the ongoing menace of cybercrime, misinformation and fake news shows that Putin and his Kremlin buddies feel confident that sooner, rather than later, Russia will manage to be a self-sufficient entity in the information superhighway.

The disconnection is seen as a temporary measure, which will lead to – if successful – a permanent state of affairs. Both private and state telecoms within the country are reported to be involved in the controlled shutdown, with Natalya Kaspersky — Kaspersky Lab antivirus co-founder — at the head of the group. With paranoia setting in the corridors of the Kremlin — much like those in the White House and Downing Street— Russia’s chief lawmakers are worried the West’s accusations of Moscow’s hacking of them could lead very quickly to odious cyber countermeasures by Washington and London. The move to disconnect the Web is seen by some to speed up Russia’s isolation.

If the bill is successful, it would then necessitate the telecom companies to rechannel internet traffic via routing points under the jurisdiction of the Kremlin. Such a move would see the circulation of information abroad slowed down or completely halted at the Russian state’s whim.

Costly Experiment

The cost of such actions, many experts have said, would be prohibitively expensive and impractical and could, with all likelihood, lead to a considerable disturbance in the operation of the internet within the country

The issue of censorship and what it may steer towards with the power that Aleksandr Zharov, head of the Roskomnadzor — the federal executive body responsible for state censorship — has and how it will be used if the bill goes through is an interesting one.

Roskomnadzor has recently handed over lists of sites it wants Google to block in the country. Up to this point, however, it is not know how many of these sites have exactly been blocked, but some numbers talked about are over 75%.

One downside of these moves is the strain it will have on the Kremlin coffers. To assist Roskomnadzor carry out the sovereign internet legislation will rely heavily on funds from the country’s budget. Against this, however, is the state audit chamber, which believes the action will see an inevitable rise in services and consumer goods in stores, not to mention the huge amount of money required to bring in more staff to Roskomnadzor to execute the job and pay for the technology needed.

Again, hitting the average man on the street.

But maybe this is what Russia needs to tighten up its security measures and expel any thoughts the West has of interfering in the country through cyber means.

The move is seen as mirroring the policies of Russia’s giant neighbour, China, and its great firewall, which blocks major sites like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.

However, it must work both ways,In Russia, typing in ‘American government hacking of Russia’ or ‘British cyberattacks of Kremlin’, for example, bring zero results on Google. It is difficult to find a search result on American cyberattacks on Russia.

Here is an example of one of the Russian Google searches for ‘American government hacking of Russia’:

Russia: We did not hack the US Democrats. But if we did, we’re immune from prosecution… lmaoHackers are lethal weapons, as in diplomatic… oh forget it

hackernoon.com/total-autonomy-or-an-april-fools-joke-c9dc5e9df899

Attached: 1 ZEEacpAZNsfYB4f-mWImeA.jpeg (1600x1066, 401.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

geti2p.net/en/
torproject.org/
freenetproject.org/
beakerbrowser.com/
ipfs.io/
orion.siderus.io/
github.com/ipfs-shipyard/ipfs-desktop
zeronet.io/
tribler.org/
soulseekqt.net/news/node/1
ares.com/
sourceforge.net/projects/aresgalaxy/
fopnu.com/
retroshare.cc/
openbazaar.org/features/
supersimpleserver.com
sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/
tixati.com/
sourceforge.net/projects/quazaa/
sourceforge.net/projects/anomos/
gnunet.org/en/
torrentfreak.com/how-to-use-usenet/
archive.fo/e1HXH
ipfs.io/ipns/boards.ydns.eu/#/
datproject.org/
github.com/gdamdam/awesome-decentralized-web
businesswire.com/news/home/20120416005804/en/Brics-Cable-Unveiled-Direct-Cohesive-Communcations-Services
infowars.com/brics-countries-build-new-internet-to-avoid-nsa-spying/
subseaworldnews.com/2012/04/17/brics-unveils-new-submarine-cable-system/
globalresearch.ca/the-brics-internet-cable-back-to-cable-geopolitics/5353686
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully these links may help at some point:

I2P -> geti2p.net/en/
Tor Project -> torproject.org/
Freenet Project -> freenetproject.org/
Beaker Browser → beakerbrowser.com/
IPFS -> ipfs.io/ | orion.siderus.io/
IPFS Desktop -> github.com/ipfs-shipyard/ipfs-desktop
Zeronet -> zeronet.io/
Tribler -> tribler.org/
Soulseek -> soulseekqt.net/news/node/1
Ares -> ares.com/
Ares Galaxy -> sourceforge.net/projects/aresgalaxy/
Fopnu -> fopnu.com/
Retroshare -> retroshare.cc/ (retroshare is full of decentralized image boards)
OpenBazaar -> openbazaar.org/features/ (p2p web with a crypto market place)
Super Simple Server -> supersimpleserver.com (decentralized web hosting)
qBittorrent -> sourceforge.net/projects/qbittorrent/
Tixati -> tixati.com/
Quazaa -> sourceforge.net/projects/quazaa/
Anomos -> sourceforge.net/projects/anomos/
GNUnet -> gnunet.org/en/
Usenet -> torrentfreak.com/how-to-use-usenet/ | archive.fo/e1HXH
Image boards over ipfs:// -> ipfs.io/ipns/boards.ydns.eu/#/
dat:// protocol -> datproject.org/
List of goodies → github.com/gdamdam/awesome-decentralized-web

China, Russia, the UK, New Zealand and the EU are all doing their best to censor the internet. We need to use what is already available to us in order to counter it. It can be countered but you have to take some kind of action. Like learning how to use p2p networks (not hard at all), backing media up and also sharing it with like-minded people (also not that difficult to do). Learn how to use DAT with Beaker, use Bit Torrent and P2P file sharing, try emule, try out Tor and I2P, bulk up on backups and just start sharing and creating stuff on decentralized networks which don't rely on the world wide web.

What they intend on doing is to re-route all internet traffic domestically, through their own cables so that only Russians can access their own internet. They claim fears of sabotage (possibly true considering we've been known to do that to other nations we don't like) however its also about State-control over content (censorship) as well. So Putin plans to create an isolated Russian internet that can't be interfered with outside Russia.

To tell you the truth, this might be a really big blow to the technocratic 'Deep State' in the West.

There should be two types of computers. Public and private.

*head explodes*

Attached: Not Today.png (650x456, 326.95K)

many back doors to a domestic only internet

Sure, there will be, but I think they'll be Russian backdoors by their own government and thats the point. 1) they want to be able to keep out foreign intervention of their communications and 2) the Russian government wants to control content and censor what they don't want. I think they're doing something similar to what China has done but taking it one step further by completely re-creating their own internet infrastructure.

What I don't know is whether this will be isolated from the new BRICS internet. It may be. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, here are some older report about that:

businesswire.com/news/home/20120416005804/en/Brics-Cable-Unveiled-Direct-Cohesive-Communcations-Services
infowars.com/brics-countries-build-new-internet-to-avoid-nsa-spying/
subseaworldnews.com/2012/04/17/brics-unveils-new-submarine-cable-system/
globalresearch.ca/the-brics-internet-cable-back-to-cable-geopolitics/5353686

there are even apps that try to use local mesh networks as an on ramp to the internet. there are a lot of possibilities with wireless that have not been explored.

WiFi scares the shit out of me though because it can be hacked much more easily because its right in the open air. I prefer wired connections, that way its easier to control when something is physically connected or not. Thats why I took the WiFi cards out of the laptops I own, so that I could whether they were online or not. If there were devices that allowed you to physically connect and disconnect WiFi without it being built in with the system, that would be preferable.

just buy a wifi dongle you can pull out

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Be quiet and get infront of my wagon to pull it,if you are so superior. Faggit.