Shocking Leak Reveals Facebook Leveraged User Data To Reward Friends, Punish Enemies

>>>/related/9

As traders focused on bank earnings and the outlook for global 'growth', NBC News wrested the market's attention back toward Facebook by publishing a report on what appears to be the largest leak of internal documents since the data privacy scandal that has dogged the company for more than a year erupted with the first reports about Cambridge Analytica's improper leveraging of Facebook user data to influence elections.

Some 4,000 pages of documents shared with the network news organization by a journalist affiliated with the ICIJ, the same organization that helped bring us the Panama Papers leaks, revealed that Facebook had employed sensitive user data as a bargaining chip to attract major advertisers and close other deals between 2011 and 2015, when the company was struggling to cement its business model following its botched 2012 IPO.

The thousands of newly shared documents were anonymously leaked to the British investigative journalist Duncan Campbell, who shared them with a handful of media organizations: NBC News, Computer Weekly and Süddeutsche Zeitung. Campbell, a founding member of the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists, is a computer forensics expert who has worked on international investigations including on offshore banking and big tobacco. The documents appear to be the same ones obtained by Parliament in late 2018 as part of an investigation into Facebook. Facebook did not question the authenticity of the documents NBC News obtained.

Facebook essentially offered companies like Amazon unfettered access to its data in exchange for agreeing to advertise on Facebook's platform, according to the documents, only a small fraction of which have been previously reported on. All of this was happening at a time when the company publicly professed to bee safeguarding user data.

As the documents show, CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his board found ways to tap the company's massive trove of user data to reward Facebook's customers and business partners.

The documents, which include emails, webchats, presentations, spreadsheets and meeting summaries, show how Zuckerberg, along with his board and management team, found ways to tap Facebook’s trove of user data - including information about friends, relationships and photos - as leverage over companies it partnered with.

In some cases, Facebook would reward favored companies by giving them access to the data of its users. In other cases, it would deny user-data access to rival companies or apps.

Facebook also leveraged its user data as a cudgel to punish rivals whom it felt were growing too strong.

Considering Facebook is a state-run spook-infested corporation, don't expect there to be any justice for wrongdoing in the USSA.

zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-16/shocking-leak-reveals-facebook-leveraged-user-data-reward-friends-punish-enemies
web.archive.org/web/20190416132848/https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-16/shocking-leak-reveals-facebook-leveraged-user-data-reward-friends-punish-enemies

Attached: Shocking Leak Reveals Facebook Leveraged User Data To Reward Friends, Punish Enemies.jpg (800x420, 66.97K)

We don't have global "growth" anymore, production and industry around the globe is all in decline, except for the typical spook firms that are under obvious govt/mic contracts / heavily subsidized.

Global growth? One could only wish that were so today! The ma & pa is pushed out, and so is most the competition today. What we have now is central banking mafias that control monetary policies and consolidate wealth among themselves while using the governments as a tool to suppress any/all competition.

Let me just take a guess here. No punishment. Another govt-spook corp is protected even after lying to Congress.

"Justice"….. yah right.

Oy vey. Everyone does this stuff goyim.

That word… I don't think it means what you think it means.

I wouldn't calling it shocking to be honest. Just part and parcel of living in the USA.

Attached: Glow in the dark Deep State Agent meme.jpeg (224x224, 6.97K)

This is basically why we are all here on honeypotchan

Even this shitty place is FAR BETTER than Facebook. So yah, thats why we are here.

Well the public was warned, can't say they they didn't know about it when they ignored all the warnings can they?

once again I'm so supplised

Its really not shocking at all, for those that are actually aware. For the masses, it likely would be, for about one hour until their short-lived memory flickers out like a dead bulb.

Delete this, nigger.

Based on what? The people here are every bit as fucking stupid as a Ham, generally.

It takes time, sure, but every once in a while I get a smart comment in my threads. I know for a fact this news board was taken over years ago by anons who don't really give a shit about news. Well aware of that. But I'm here because I'm bringing NEWS back, where it belongs, on the news board!

WOW, CENSORED NEWS!

There are rumors going around that some people here would like this place to be as censored as Facebook is today.

Play times over children!

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

bumping real news

bump 2

bump 9

bump 17