Such Good! Illinois Judge Finds FOID Card Unconstitutional!

In February 2018, a White County, IL Second Judicial Circuit Court judge ruled Illinois Firearms Owners Identification Card Act unconstitutional. Eight months later, after pleadings and motions to reconsider the initial decision, the judge not only reaffirmed his original decision, but supplemented it. Now, IllinoisCarry.com’s spokeswoman Valinda Rowe claims that the Illinois Attorney General will take the case to the Illinois Supreme Court.

Valinda Rowe posted the news at Illinois Carry last week and Ace of Spades picked up the story this weekend buried among the Mueller report coverage.

The case began with the March 2017 arrest of a now-divorced, 4′ 11″ fifty-something woman for the high crime of possessing a single-shot .22 rifle for self-defense. Obviously, she’s not exactly Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde fame. She failed to have a FOID card for her rifle, despite eligibility to receive one. In February 2018, a White County judge ruled the FOID Act unconstitutional.

And now, according to Valinda Rowe, the case is headed to the Illinois Supreme Court thanks to Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul.

This comes on the heels of the Illinois Supreme Court unanimous ruling that Illinois’ prohibition on TASERS/stun guns is unconstitutional.

As an Illinois resident, I can’t begin to describe how big this case might become. If the Illinois Supreme Court rules the FOID Act unconstitutional, expect Illinois Democrats to proclaim the sky is falling. In reality, given how FOID Act violations so seldom get charged by prosecutors (and even when they do charge, they’re quickly plea-bargained away), a decision to strike down the FOID Act as unconstitutional wouldn’t pose a meaningful obstacle for police and prosecutors.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRVqF1Kctk

thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/john-boch/illinois-circuit-judge-rules-foid-card-unconstitutional-attorney-general-reportedly-appealing-to-il-supreme-court/
web.archive.org/web/20190424184812/https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/03/john-boch/illinois-circuit-judge-rules-foid-card-unconstitutional-attorney-general-reportedly-appealing-to-il-supreme-court/

bumping for Good!ness sake!

Awesome! Lets hope the ILL Supreme Court also finds it unconstitutional too, then bam! Citizens will be flocking to buy up guns without any hassle.

too bad nobody cares, huh?

as in: nobody cares

Oh yes people care about this, this could become a HUGE win for gun owners in Illinois…. depending on what the Illinois Supreme Court rules. Currently gun owners over there have to go through hell just to buy a damn firearm, and every damn thing is regulated through the FOID process.

BELIEVE ME. PEOPLE CARE. Even the commies are nervous over this.

Nope….

Nobody cares…..

And nobody's nervous……

Sorry to burst your bubble

ILLINOIS : NOBODY CARES

GUNS : NOBODY GIVES A FLYING FUCK

ILLINOIS GUN LAWS : ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

NOBODY GIVES A GOD DAMN FUCK ABOUT ILLINOIS OR THEIR GUN LAWS

Well then you don't care for news, because this is some BIG news and it affects an entire state with millions of citizens. Gun owners, such as myself, are happy to hear this. You may not be a gun owner so thus you likely wouldn't give a rats ass.

UPDATE: a recent government survey has concluded that more people care about the proposed law about garbage collection in Dekalb Iowa then they care about Illinois gun laws

There are over 100,000,000 gun owners in America that would tell you to take a hike Johnny. This is BIG news.

A: nobody

Q: who cares?

A: ABSOLUTELY NOBODY

Q: how many people are responding to this thread other than you and I?

Oh, is that so? Hmmmmmm…. tell that to all the gun owners of Illinois then.

Yeah, and there are only four people that come to Zig Forums, including you and I

But you and I are the only ones in this thread

why ?…….. Because NOBODY CARES

Thats because this board has only 3 posters and over 10,000 lurkers!

The problem is most lurkers rarely ever speak their mind. They just watch us talk. Why? Maybe they're shy, others might not be able to say anything because they work for govt or military.

Hello lurkers. Who loves ya?

Attached: 45512.jpg (277x350, 100.99K)

A: OBAMA AND OPRAH

Q: WHO'S FROM ILLINOIS?

NIGGERLAND

NOBODY CARES

10,000 LURKERS

hahaha and 'jesus' existed too, right?

It must be amazing inside of your imagination

Believe it or not, there are many gun owners in Illinois regardless of their shitty laws, and even some of the Sheriffs right now are happy about this.

It's hilarious how you have fabricated so much shit in your mind, including but not limited to 10,000 imaginary people who are watching you

Believe it or not, there are 157892 people clipping their fingernails in the eastern half of the United States

And nobody cares

All sages reflected.

Best news of the day.

A woman was arrested. I guarantee you there are a bunch of rabid wyman funding and fighting for her freedom and the removal of this law. If it were a man I would agree no one cares. Gun owners will just gasp in disgust and go on about their day.

Actually gun owner associations are likely cheering. They take any victory (even if only temporary) as a badge of honor. Trust me, I get magazines from these associations, they're gonna fucking gloat all about it.

A: GUN OWNER ASSOCIATION MAGAZINES

Q: what's even gayer than 'Dick In My Mouth Magazine?

Are you drunk right now?

I'm new here. My name is Mark Wiering. not exactly sure how to chat in here. Am I supposed to click this thing that says New Reply? help me.

Attached: PicsArt_04-24-05.36.28.jpg (2048x1536, 237.2K)

almost forgot to mention. I have two roses.

Attached: PicsArt_04-24-05.40.26.jpg (1809x1570, 252.37K)

Welcome to Zig Forums, Mark !
Now there are 5 people that come here

THE STUPIDEST HYPOTHETICAL PERCENTILE IMPROBABILITY EQUATION EVER :

10,004 PEOPLE IN ALL
4 PEOPLE WHO PARTICIPATE
10,000 WHO SIT WATCHING

hahahahahahahahaha

t. euro

I care enough to sage

Can confirm. We only lurk, never post, and there are 9,997 of us.
I'm only saging because I don't know how not to.

This has the potential to sway other states to abandon FOID card laws. Great news for America, lets just hope the Supreme Court agrees its unconstitutional.

Zig Forums cared.

Hahaha

Yes I live in Florida and I care… there is concept that you may not of heard of It's called legal precedent. If Illinois strikes down the FOID then every other 2A case gets a big help. Also since it's easy to clip someone on a FOID Act violation the police would use it to coerce people. I in principal hate this, it is a another step in direction of loss of civil rights.

And this board has a lot of hits and very little posters. In other media it is a big deal. I expect several legal journals will be spitting out articles about it. And like or not how the typical lawyer/judge thinks about 2A rights matters more about a 20 something year old poster who likes screaming "who cares". Because if you get pulled over and cop finds a repair tool/ fish scaling knife/baseball bat or some other object that be possibly be considered a weapon in your car and decides to get you on a weapon charge this case will make a difference. I'm not kidding guy coming back from fishing, cop did not like the way he looked got him on weapon charge.

Fuck the consequence. The camp they send you to when you break the law will only harden you.