How to hide from the AI surveillance state with a color printout

Researchers from KU Leuven have published a paper showing how they can create a 40cm x 40cm "patch" that fools a convoluted neural network classifier that is otherwise a good tool for identifying humans into thinking that a person is not a person – something that could be used to defeat AI-based security camera systems. They theorize that the could just print the patch on a t-shirt and get the same result.

The researchers' key point is that the training data for classifiers consists of humans who aren't trying to fool it – that is, the training is non-adversarial – while the applications for these systems are often adversarial (such as being used to evaluate security camera footage whose subjects might be trying to defeat the algorithm). It's like designing a lock always unlocks when you use the key – but not testing to see if it unlocks if you don't have the key, too.

The attack can reliably defeat YOLOv2, a popular machine-learning classifier, and they hypothesize that it could be applied to other classifiers as well.

I've been writing about these adversarial examples for years, and universally, they represent devastating attacks on otherwise extremely effective classifiers. It's an important lesson about the difference between adversarial and non-adversarial design: the efficacy of a non-adversarial system is no guarantee of adversarial efficacy.

In this paper, we presented a system to generate adversarial patches for person detectors that can be printed out andused in the real-world. We did this by optimising an image to minimise different probabilities related to the appearance of a person in the output of the detector. In our experiments we compared different approaches and found that minimising object loss created the most effective patches.

From our real-world test with printed out patches we canalso see that our patches work quite well in hiding persons from object detectors, suggesting that security systems using similar detectors might be vulnerable to this kind of attack.

We believe that, if we combine this technique with a sophisticated clothing simulation, we can design a T-shirtprint that can make a person virtually invisible for automatic surveillance cameras (using the YOLO detector).

technologyreview.com/f/613409/how-to-hide-from-the-ai-surveillance-state-with-a-color-printout/

Attached: nnn.jpg (1536x864, 239.26K)

Apparently the patch just shows a picture of some old guy in a robe?

Attached: 312e6f1dc2e5d6670295e87b4066bf9772172e5d.jpeg (780x516, 51.63K)

Attached: 32eeb88d02cd4389b1e9b3d667c946425cf08303_2_499x750.jpeg (499x750, 432.35K)

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
And gave a camera forty whacks.
When they saw what she had done,
She gave a glownig forty-one.

Well clearly the technology has become smart enough to recognise that manlets aren't people.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1536x864, 2.9M)

Fairly sure that 'person' is a yid.
One of the shark faced fish lip variant.

OLD NEWS……

it's already well known how easy it is to confuse AI from identifying objects

wake me up when you stumble upon an interesting story

Attached: Eykholt-Robust-Physical-World-Attacks-2018.png (1200x668, 924.52K)

Jillian just said "look. neither of them seems to have a dick in their pants"

Attached: vvv.jpg (1536x864, 249.99K)

Typical Katholiekes

Anybody stupid enough to believe in 'jesus' or 'god' would also think this was 'newsworthy'

apparently, if you're a Belgian student, and you enroll in a Universitiet that incorporates katholicisme in it's name, technologie isn't going to be your strong point?

Jillian Mayer has the best advice on this topic.

Everybody know what you've had plenty of dicks in your pants before.

Until they see those scars on your back, then they never call again

Jillian here at my apartment has awesome advice on this subject:

"computer geek"

that's exactly what she just said… It appears that girls think Zig Forums is for nerdy losers with the ladies

If they're in the front, I'm sure your boyfriends would have to lift that giant roll of fat to be able to discover the scars.

speaking of subprimates:

Do Asians develop keloids like the non-yellow niggers?

I liked Wendy better.

Killcen is not nerdy.

++++++++[>++++>++++++>++++++++>++++++++++>++++++++++++——-.——..>++++++++++++++++++++++.+++..———.++.+++++++++.
[>]

I don't really like either one

I love Wendy, but I don't like her.
No feelings for Jillian at all

It’s a goddamned shame. Best of luck to all three of you.

Shame is just silly.
Just let it all hang out.
And yes, that is in reference to (sac).

nawww… there is no 3 of us
there's just rocket and I

humans can eat my shit

No, I don’t mean the three of you together. I mean good luck to them in getting free of you, and good luck to you in your permanent affliction, which I can assure you is quite shameful if you, at your fucking age, find yourself single…and then on top of that find some easy lay to pass the time with while Wendy thinks about leaving you for good. And Pepsi.

This is me being a feminist antisemite. I blame you for all of it without the least detail. That’s why it’s called an ideology.

that's odd you'd say that, because Wendy's shift at the hospital ends in 31 minutes, and we're going to the park and to dinner.

lol @ your wishful thinking and transparent pattern of misery wanting company

question is are people paid to shill. why does this site block tor?>>745436
of course.
it's called mossad.
probably the saudites
russian trolls using ai responses that have been fomenting for years posting things like "miley cyrus is awesome."
psyops is real.

your perception of my reality is neither realistic or perceptive

better luck next time, right?

britney

tor probably won't let me post…what a crap site.
re decreased fertility is correlated w/ edu not income. yet education, at least in america is positively correlated with future income (and past family wealth/income), which is turn is positively correlated with wealth.

what's funny is how somebody as old as me and ugly as me somehow managed to go my entire adult life never being WITHOUT at least one girlfriend or wife or straight out fuckbuddy for more than a few days at a time, before I stumbled into the next one.

speaking of which:
are you still dating Hewlett-Packard?

You’re lying like you always do.

so they say…. Except everybody I've ever met got a college degree ended up with a shit job complaining about how they wasted their time going to college.

And then there's the 'genius philosopher' who comes in here and types out soliloquies, expounding on bullshit philosophy that has no real life application, as he drinks himself to death, all by himself, in his lonely little stinky computer chair.

Complaining about how he got fucked out of a bunch of money unjustly, left just sit alone trying to Pat himself on the back and tell himself how intelligent he is with his ridiculous loquacious philosophy that means absolutely nothing

Being this fucking poor despite a life of opportunity and ease. lol. Someone took the bait.

Sure I am….

Or did you start dating somebody new, like DELL or MAC ?

Education is worthless. Whatever correlation there “was” was propaganda at best. It’s who you know, not what.

Again you’re lying. Liar liar.

Let me guess:

Your emotional companion is an Alienware gaming computer?

The only companion that doesn't laugh at your degree in philosophy?

You never told me if Asians develop keloids from surgical scars the way the other negroes do

Dell does make a good machine, but what self-respecting person doesn’t have full-on water-cooled gaming computers for checking email and browsing the news?

What? Women aren’t companions. They’re partners, you sexist.

The difference between a degree in philosophy and the toilet paper:

Toilet paper serves a purpose

Do you have a degree? I bet you don’t, even though you grew up in an America where education wasn’t a usury scam.

I(sac) proudly accept this Neppy award in the spirit it was intended(I'm scrubbing my toilet with it at the moment).

/killcen/ is envious, and may try to think out side the tinfoil box that is his head and post a horibly humorous story such as this.

Such as "Invaders from the south made me shit my pants:Ecoli is a plot!"

aNYWAY. IT GOES BESIDE MY TOILET

where I will always think of you when I have a shit, Andy

Attached: my neppy award.jpg (4415x1152, 571.79K)

I have a degree that matters

life experience

So you don’t have one. Thought so.

Nobody's surprised you would think of me every time something goes in (or out) or in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out of your asshole

only if you use your tongue

btw the monogram thing was funny

I guess I'm visually oriented, and that made me chuckle

I just got back from shoppig
So a belated retort.
Sorry about the tongue remark
You like to be watched

Attached: andy's cat.gif (664x483, 955.09K)

I love AI. 100% White.
AI and automation are the White Mans Friend.

I LOVE AI

Attached: 1523587542756.png (2480x3508, 141.72K)

Communism is literally a form of SLAVERY.

EXPOSE THE COMMIE BASTARDS!

( Emphasis on the *tards* )

Surely I will blend in with the crowd…

Attached: Man_with_Horse_Head_Mask_in_the_Stands.jpg (4928x3264, 4.72M)