'I do not wish to surrender' Julian Assange tells court over US extradition bid

theregister.co.uk/2019/05/02/julian_assange_us_extradition_first_hearing/
ulian Asssange unsurprisingly told a judge today that he did not “wish to surrender myself” to a US extradition request.

Appearing via video link from HM Prison Belmarsh in south-east London, the day after he was sentenced to 50 weeks’ imprisonment for jumping bail, Assange said: “I do not wish to surrender myself for extradition for doing journalism that has won many, many awards and protected many people.”

“I'll take that as a decline," replied District Judge Michael Snow, presiding.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (648x432, 456.66K)

Julian is righteous and true!

I trust him as our ULTIMATE LEADER.

Julian understands things others do not. Including absolute oppression and tyranny. Let him lead us! Give him the throne, and let's watch the world shake with the marching of his legions.

He probably won't be extradited

I agree, I think he should just go to the US anyway. If he is innocent he has nothing to hide in the land of the free.

If he lets himself get extradited to the US wouldn't he get a better chance of getting a fair trail?

no. he released military secrets which exposed US war crimes, his fate isn't in the president's hands it's in the security/foreign policy apartus. Trump wouldn't pardon him either, with how hard he's been backing off from international oversight. His fate to be locked up/executed has been sealed since 2008, regardless of who is president

He'll be given a light sentence since he was essentially on house arrest, and quietly released to protective custody in exchange for info

Sort of ironic in that a harsh sentence would actually make him more powerful as a symbol by martyring him. I really do hope he's set free/given a light sentence, though, it would be a small bit of good news amongst all the shit but I doubt it will happen.

i don't know what information he'd have, he's the top of the food chain, they'd be better off prosecuting him than whistleblowers if the goal is to stop secure leaking. It would set precident for prosecuting anyone else who dares to publish. not like msm is willing to publish any meaningful leaks as it is

If he can really prove that the Hillary emails were leaks and not hacks like he says he can then he would probably get suicided in a US prison before getting to testify.

I hope you don't actually believe this.

Q: why the fuck would you care what other people believe?

I don't see any possible effective result in caring or showing any interest in this story.

If Julian Assange WAS extradited, it wouldn't make a bit of difference in my life. Similarly, if he WASN'T extradited, it still wouldn't make any difference in my life.

I can't imagine what benefit I would gain by giving a fuck what happens to Julian Assange.

That's his problem, not mine.

please feel free to tell us how your life was effected in any way by Julian Assange, or any of his 'leaks'.

his indisputable leaks have shown to me and millions of others that it's not a conspiracy theory, our government really is just an organized crime gang, previously it was a fringe statement, now it's clown world reality

you got ass fucked faggot, now lick the user's cock off for him as the word you meant to use was affected

Effected means to actually do something, to execute, produce or bring about something.

af·fect·ed

influenced or touched by an external factor.

Well, why the fuck do you go on image boards and act like a dumbass?

Everyones life is improved by the existence of Wikileaks because the elites have to put a lot more effort in to hiding their corruption. Which gives them less time to rip off ordinary people.

speech to text

A: because I'm a really good actor

Almost as good as you are at playing the role of an intelligent person

This is so not fair

So I guess what you're trying to say is that this is a big fat nothingburger?

as much as anything else in politics, you either care about the apparatus charged with holding sovereignty over the nation within which you reside or you don't