FDA Warns AMBIEN May Be Linked To Bizarre Behavior, Who Would Have Thought!?

Sleep medications like Ambien have long been controversial and have been linked to bizarre behavior in users.

On Tuesday, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it is requiring manufacturers of Ambien and other sleep medications to add a Boxed Warning – the agency’s most prominent warning – to the prescribing information and the patient Medication Guides for these drugs.

Often referred to as a “black box warning”, the label is the strictest alert placed on prescription drugs or drug products by the FDA when there is reasonable evidence of an association of a serious hazard with the drug. As the name indicates, it is a warning with a black box around it. Having the black box around the warning means that an adverse reaction to the drug may lead to death or serious injury.

The agency is warning the public that rare but serious injuries and deaths have been linked to the use of certain common prescription insomnia drugs. Dangerous behaviors appear to be more common with eszopiclone (Lunesta), zaleplon (Sonata), and zolpidem (Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist) than other prescription medicines used for sleep, according to the FDA’s Safety Announcement.

Sleepwalking, sleep driving, and engaging in other activities while not fully awake (like using the stove) are among the risks associated with the medications, the agency explains:

We identified 66 cases of complex sleep behaviors occurring with these medicines over the past 26 years that resulted in serious injuries, including death. This number includes only reports submitted to FDA or those found in the medical literature, so there may be additional cases about which we are unaware.

These cases included accidental overdoses, falls, burns, near drowning, exposure to extreme cold temperatures leading to loss of limb, carbon monoxide poisoning, drowning, hypothermia, motor vehicle collisions with the patient driving, and self-injuries such as gunshot wounds and apparent suicide attempts. Patients usually did not remember these events. The underlying mechanisms by which these insomnia medicines cause complex sleep behaviors are not completely understood.

“The boxed warning and contraindication are intended to make the warning more prominent and reflect the risk of serious injury and death,” the FDA clarifies.

archive.fo/oqAQY
zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-04/life-threatening-risks-prompt-fda-order-black-box-warning-labels-ambien-other-sleep

Attached: FDA Warns AMBIEN May Be Linked To Bizarre Behavior, Who Would Have Thought.jpg (1280x860, 676.89K)

nobody ever said Zolpidem is a 'natural medicine'.

it's readily apparent that you have no training (formal or informal) in internal medicine or a pharmacology.

that's why you pickle your brain and corrodes your liver with alcohol, and tell yourself that you're making a 'safer smarter choice' than taking prescription medicine.

you don't know jack fucking shit about this topic.

The makers of Ambien included these same warnings ever since they began manufacturing Zolpidem. These exact same 'possible side effects' were openly stated in all the Ambien television commercials. Everybody who's ever seen an Ambien commercial already knew about these 'possible side effects' years ago.

The only reason YOU didn't know about it is because you can't afford cable TV.

That's the same reason you're completely out of the loop regarding world events.

The fact of the matter is:
ALL medicines have 'possible side effects', and every single pharmaceutical commercial as long list of scary possible side effects.

The 'possible side effects' of Zolpidem are actually quite minimal.

"Oh, no !!!… I'm SO worried that I might make a sandwich in the middle of the night!!!!"

lol hahaha wow

why don't you simply tell the truth and admit that you are an alcoholic, and that you are incapable of controlling your self-destructive addiction?

oh, and BY THE WAY……..

this article is
B U L L S H I T

because my pharmacist
gives me my Zolpidem in
a typical prescription bottle

there is no 'black box'

This commercial is 15 years old……

and it discusses the possible side effects…..

BIG NEWS, right?

This commercial is 11 YEARS OLD

notice how it fully explains the same
'shocking new possible side effects'?

lol………..

in other words, you're about 15 years too late
(and you're completely out of touch)

Since you have no actual knowledge about Ambien, allow me to give you a firsthand assessment of the medications efficacy and side effects….

If you follow the dosing instructions, don't drink alcohol while taking Ambien, don't take it unless you have 7 to 8 hours to devote to sleep, and don't take it until 15 minutes before you are ready to go to sleep, its the most effective sleep aid you'll ever try.

it doesn't 'knock you out' or 'make you feel like you've been drugged'. it simply makes the onset of sleep easier and quicker.

you won't wake up groggy or 'drugged' feeling.

you'll wake up clear and refreshed….

you'll get a GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP…..

not everybody should take Ambien.
there's no reason for anyone to take it unless you suffer from insomnia…

and if somebody suffers from insomnia, they have every right and reason to take a sleep aid, because achieving and maintaining sleep is very important.

for me, the ONLY 'side effect' is eating at night.

I will wake up, and find a dish on my nightstand, and realize I got up and made a sandwich in the middle of the night.

if you're suggesting this sandwich is 'living on the edge of death', you're a fucking idiot.

if you want to stop making yourself look so embarrassingly out of touch, I would be more than happy to include you on my DISH Network family plan, and you can finally WATCH TV AND KEEP UP WITH WHATS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD

Listen to THESE possible side effects….

lol @ thinking 'eating a sandwich at midnight' is a scary, bizarre behavior.

god damn, you need a TV set….

pay attention….

This man is watching something called a TV SET

'TV' stands for television

a 'television' is a box with a screen that features moving pictures and sounds.

They play shows and movies and commercials on these things called 'television sets'.

They have something called CABLE TV SERVICE that broadcast these television shows, movies and commercials around the world.

They also have something called SATELLITE TV NETWORKS that beam these television shows, movies and commercials from outer space, and you can sit in front of the magic TV set and watch these broadcasts in your house.

HYPONATREMIA:
a 'possible side effect' from drinking too much water, which causes your sodium levels to suddenly drop too low, and can be fatal.

Too bad they don't make a black box for water

WARNING:
EATING A SANDWICH AT MIDNIGHT IS NOW CONSIDERED A BIZARRE BEHAVIOR !!!

how terrifying

Attached: 44310321-tuna-sandwich-on-plate-and-coffee-cup.jpg (1300x866, 105.61K)

I love how it says right on the label that it can cause “abnormal thoughts,” but when Roseanne made a racist tweet out of nowhere and torpedoed her career, an immediate response came from the manufacturer that it couldn’t have been from her using Ambien.

So making sandwiches and suicide count as abnormal but not telling the world you think a coworker resembles a sci-fi ape woman.

Actually, 'abnormal thoughts and suicide' are NOT listed as possible side effects of Ambien…

Those were among the many many possible side effects listed for CHANTIX and AXIRON

OP's source article was a stretch (by zerohedge, who would've thought?) where they started making up hypothetical fabricated scenarios, like people playing with their guns and accidentally shooting themselves while taking Ambien.

There has never been a case of somebody accidentally shooting themself while taking Ambien.

that's bullshit….

The 'possible side effects of Ambien' are pretty much limited to sleepwalking and being hungry and making food in the middle of the night….

that, and diarrhea…..

And thats one of THE shortest list of possible side effects you'll find for any medicine anywhere…

Aspirin has a much longer list of possible negative side effects…

The FDA says it best:

In 26 years, with hundreds of millions prescriptions written for Ambien, there have only been 66 CASES OF PEOPLE EXPERIENCING ACTIVITIES WHILE NOT FULLY AWAKE

only 66….
Out of hundreds of millions of prescriptions written for Ambien over the past 26 years

And there is no warning about abnormal thoughts right on the label…..

I just got my prescription for Ambien 2 days ago, and there's no warnings on the label at all.

It's very very effective and perfectly safe as long as you follow the dosing guidelines

To be quite honest Roseanne Barr has never been famous for keeping her mouth shut

No control over what comes out of her mouth

And certainly no control over what she shovels into her mouth

If I didn't like grilled BBQ shrimp, I wouldn't eat them… But I do like them so I eat them

If I didn't like eggplant parmesan, you can guarantee I wouldn't eat eggplant parmesan

If I didn't like really well produced techno and trance music, there's no way I would listen to it

and I wouldn't take Ambien if I felt it wasn't effective and safe

I think we have found (((who's))) profits are being cut into.

Attached: Who is behind this post in console.gif (120x160, 826)

I guess some bizarre behaviors are better than others

Attached: PicsArt_05-05-12.11.05.png (1249x552, 921.88K)

already did this a week ago you stupid person
you are not cool
you are a loser
you are possibly mentally handicapped

Attached: cc351b89d23869259da5728484a312e7808bddcb816f44f203e37a239760acca.png (720x567, 567.22K)

drunken idiot

then he archives it

and show another picture of this loser who hangs out here, Andrew mcGovern like the other idiot did in his idiot post

How many Zig Forums anons does it take to make one regular 8ch user?

2 idiots

did you have a bad ambien sleep experience user?

Leave the old drunk alone

He has enough problems

No you're an alcoholic.

You should make a grilled cheese sandwich at night.

Attached: killcen and harvey dikart.png (412x344, 220.72K)

Please check your facts. I remember reading this when the story about Roseanne broke, and I’ve taken it and remember that being on the label, so at the time I looked it up. I just looked it up again. Here’s what it says on their own website:

Side effects for AMBIEN CR may also include:
sleepiness during the day
not thinking clearly
acting strangely, confused, or upset
Call your doctor right away if you find out that you have done any of these activities after taking AMBIEN or AMBIEN CR.

Read the pamphlet the pharmacist gave you and stop being such a literalist cunt.

The word “label” is an inappropriate one in this case. I mean it as the very important shit you should always read when you take a prescription drug. Or even an over the counter one.

Anyone who’s seen a tv commercial for ambien knows that there are side effects and warnings.

Trust me… Because I'm fascinated by pharmacology, I ALWAYS read the inserts, not only the simpler one created for consumers, but more importantly the more complicated and technical insert created for doctors.

But I wasn't responding to a comment made about inserts

I was responding to somebody who used the word LABEL

And I knew he meant insert, but it's not my fault that he can't figure out his ass from a hole in the ground

and btw…..

Zolpidem is now the readily available generic version of Ambien, and is prescribed in an orange plastic prescription bottle with a white plastic cap, not in a box, so there's no 'insert'….

laff

ASPIRIN SIDE EFFECTS:
Heart attack
Stroke
Heart failure
Kidney problems
Bleeding and ulcers
Low red blood cell count
Life-threatening seizures

AMBIEN SIDE EFFECTS:
Sleepwalking
Making food while not fully awake
No memory of the occurrence

It's a no-brainer

Attached: Black-Box-Warnings-Of-Very-Common-Drugs-You-May-Regret-Not-Knowing.png (720x420, 135.62K)

I'll take that tuna sandwich with pickles!!

Attached: PicsArt_05-05-02.24.54.png (720x420, 451.97K)

guess yor lucky then that you dont have a brane(sac)
I'm an edumacated scarecrow
i got a brane dorthy!
I know all about spelling and grammar and Freud and science stuff and computers like my phone!

Attached: andy lil titties.jpg (1024x576, 95.35K)

Attached: PicsArt_05-05-07.57.35.jpg (1217x876, 172.64K)

If the FDA didn’t have a monopoly… they would be totally incompetent…

legit true news!