Conspiracy? Silicon Valley ADMITS Google Chrome Is Spyware

You open your browser to look at the web. Do you know who is looking back at you?

Over a recent week of web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the web.

This was made possible by the web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Lately I’ve been investigating the secret life of my data, running experiments to see what technology really is up to under the cover of privacy policies that nobody reads. It turns out, having the world’s biggest advertising company make the most-popular web browser was about as smart as letting kids run a candy shop.

It made me decide to ditch Chrome for a new version of nonprofit Mozilla’s Firefox, which has [a few] default privacy protections. Switching involved less inconvenience than you might imagine.

My tests of Chrome versus Firefox unearthed a personal data caper of absurd proportions. In a week of web surfing on my desktop, I discovered 11,189 requests for tracker “cookies” that Chrome would have ushered right onto my computer, but were automatically blocked by Firefox. These little files are the hooks that data firms, including Google itself, use to follow what websites you visit so they can build profiles of your interests, income and personality.

Chrome welcomed trackers even at websites you’d think would be private. I watched Aetna and the Federal Student Aid website set cookies for Facebook and Google. They surreptitiously told the data giants every time I pulled up the insurance and loan service’s log-in pages.

And that’s not the half of it.

Look in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. See a picture or a name in the circle? If so, you’re logged in to the browser, and Google might be tapping into your web activity to target ads. Don’t recall signing in? I didn’t, either. Chrome recently started doing that automatically when you use Gmail.

Firefox isn’t perfect – it still defaults searches to Google and permits some other tracking. But it doesn’t share browsing data with Mozilla, which isn’t in the data-collection business.

web.archive.org/web/20190623160958/https://www.siliconvalley.com/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-to-switch/

Using browsers like Tor, GNU IceCat, Falkon and/or Pale Moon is highly recommended: spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html

If you decide to use something like Mozilla Firefox and/or the rip-off Waterfox, make sure you install some privacy add-ons like Noscript Security Suite, HTTPS Everywhere and a Browser Spoofer like Chameleon.

Get rid of third party telemetry URLs and disable webGL and webRTC using about:config settings, see here: 8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html

Use free software like Bleachbit to wipe out online sqlite cookies/web cache/browser history: bleachbit.org/

If you want better online security, use a private VPN connection: web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/

Also, best keep as much personal information OFF your personal computer, encase ever hacked into.

Attached: Silicon Valley ADMITS Google Chrome Is Spyware.png (802x626, 18.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html
bleachbit.org/
web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/
archive.fo/OW2gv
siliconvalley.com/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-to-switch/
dcode.fr/italian-accent
iridiumbrowser.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Since my threads are rudely being slid here and ignored, I have decide to EXPAND operations to Zig Forums and other places too!

Glow worms trying to slide this!

Using browsers like Tor, GNU IceCat, Falkon and/or Pale Moon is highly recommended: spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html

If you decide to use something like Mozilla Firefox and/or the rip-off Waterfox, make sure you install some privacy add-ons like Noscript Security Suite, HTTPS Everywhere and a Browser Spoofer like Chameleon.

Get rid of third party telemetry URLs and disable webGL and webRTC using about:config settings, see here: 8ch.net/prepare/res/22.html

Use free software like Bleachbit to wipe out online sqlite cookies/web cache/browser history: bleachbit.org/

If you want better online security, use a private VPN connection: web.archive.org/web/20180815204246/https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/

This is now in-your-face….. how people can blow this off is mind boggling to me. Its like handing ghetto dwellers the keys to your home with an address where you live…. I just don't get how people ignore this. At least Matt Drudge linked it up there so some have got to see this, not that most know any better alternatives to Firefox anyway.

Oh and I tried Brave recently…… I'll explain this very soon, and tell you IN DETAIL how Brave covertly spies on users without them knowing…….

Brave has A LOT of potential….. but there are some serious privacy concerns!

First off, Brave has webGL 1.0 & 2.0 and webRTC active and there is NO about:config to null them! Thats the first bad thing…. and where are the privacy add-ons?

OK, second, no privacy add-ons. With vulnerabilities [webGL and webRTC] that expose your real IP address behind the Tor setting and/or VPN, how nice of them! Will Brave allow users to disable that in the future!?

The other thing, and I tested this in a sandboxed Windows 7 OS…..

Brave has JUST AS MUCH hidden cache schemes deep in their hidden directories as Google Chrome does! Hahaha! Yes, always logging…….. details on that in a minute…….

I like Brave…. its cool, it has a damn good platform…. BUT there are some major secrets they are not telling their users, and that is, the DO log everything!

Now set up Bleachbit and get it ready, but first find the path %AppData%

%AppData% = C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming

In %AppData% you will find a directory "brave" [if you have the Brave browser installed that is]

So C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\brave

You will see the typical sqlite spy files such as cookies.sqlite, search.sqlite, history.sqlite, places.sqlite and associated spying such as Login Data, Web Data, in_progress_metadata_store, cookies-journal, etc!

Set to 35x Gutmann in Bleachbit and add ALL that crap in there for routine wipes!

But thats not all… its not over yet! ….

Now go to:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\brave\Cache

Lol! What the fuck is all that, you ask? Tons of encrypted spy data about ALL your activity on Brave, send directly to the NSA CIA Mossad glow worms!!!! So set that directory for routine wiping as well with Bleachbit!

Not over yet….

Next go to…
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\brave\databases

See the two files, databases.db and databases.db-journal ?

Set the brave\databases\ directory up for routine purge as well!

archive.fo/OW2gv

Next go to…
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\brave\ShaderCache

See those strange .file databases? Well its also logging web activity. Set that directory up for routine bleaching in Bleachbit as well!

OK, with these tips, now you know how to clean the Brave Browser and make sure it doesn't keep tabs on you!

*glow worms squirming*

Hint: these same tips can be applied to (almost) any other browser such as Mozilla too. Great tips for privacy.

EVERYBODY ALREADY KNOWS THIS
you've NEVER presented anything new or original. you just copy and paste stories long after everything else has already read them.

the average 9 year old kid knows 100 times more than you do about this tired old subject. anybody who's ever used Chrome is a fucking idiot.

*nobody's squirming. nobody reads your threads*

you have been repeating your same boring 'tech advice' forever, but there are only 3 people here, including you. what a waste of time (yours and ours) because you're not 'educating' anybody.

we all know much more than you on the topic.
little kids know more than you do on the topic.
little old ladies know more about it than you do.

you continually tell yourself that 'glow worms' are upset at you….

for WHAT ?!!…….

why would they be mad about?
you copying and pasting old pre-existing articles?

you're a joke

Obviously you are pissed off. And you don't know more about this subject, and if you did you would not be using a smartphone and would not be upset about people talking about it.

(sac) occasionally reads parts of your threads
at least he reads enough to be able to know what to say to ridicule a particular thread.

I read the headline of your threads, but I don't waste my time reading the thread itself. since you're so predictable, all I need is the headline to throw turds at you.

you claim 'silicon valley admits' blah blah blah

bullshit… I read this article 3 days ago. It was on mercurynews.com

it said nothing about 'silicon valley's admitting anything, and it said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that I didn't already know, or that any 9 year old kid doesn't already know.

YOU = THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS 'NEW' INFORMATION

You are not reading my threads…. but you are replying to information you claim you already know? Hmmmmmm….. interdasting….

siliconvalley.com/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-to-switch/

Well….

lol @ me being 'pissed'

dimwit, you don't know the difference between dalvik and ART, you don't know what the Apache Cordova Exploit is, and you don't know jack fucking shit about the topic at all.

lol @ your need to tell yourself that you're an 'expert'

'siliconvalley.com' is not 'silicon valley', you dipshit.

(And this article was originally published on mercurynews.com, and simply plagiarized on siliconvalley.com)

At least I know how to prevent it, I don't care about details of it.

Yes it is, liar.

Like I said, slowpoke…..

All I needed to do was read your headline to realize you were simply copying and pasting the same article I already read on mercurynews.com

(and again, when I read the original article, it didn't teach me anything that I didn't already know. I don't know anybody who's knowledgeable about technology who actually uses chrome)

so….. You plagiarized this article from 'siliconvalley.com', who played write it word for word from mercurynews.com…..

Have you ever thought about doing something original?…..

Are you capable of doing anything other than copying and pasting OLD TIRED SECOND-HAND washed up news articles everybody has already read before?

EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW TO PREVENT IT

If you read it before, why didn't you post it here? It IS news.

good luck finding somebody who hasn't heard all of this shit a million times before (from real experts)

seriously, go out there into the real world, and try to find someone who doesn't already know….

good luck with that.

in HERE ?…. there's only 3 people
and the two of us who aren't you
A L R E A D Y K N O W

why I didn't post it:

because the 3 users here ALREADY KNOW

I'm not catering to your ilk. I'm catering to those who CARE about real news and the truth. And all the hate just confirmes I'm pressing the right topics that you glowing niggers want covered up.

you're 'catering' to an empty chasm

you have a non-existent audience

and the two people in the auditorium have already seen your performance 10,000 times before

that's how you became a parody of yourself

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX3348119.jpg (800x534, 67.77K)

dance for the empty seats, nigger

dance

Attached: 20190623_200055.jpg (1280x847, 401.74K)

Nope. We have a wonderful audiance full of Zig Forums enthusiasts and millions of people, even the media, lurk here and they read and they're saying to themselves "wow, now this is some real news here!"

lol @ saving the world

your self perception of importance is highly overrated

hahahahahaha !! compensating for something?

Thank God you're such a delusional narcissist

at least you have ONE person who believes your lie

Just-Kiss-It doesn't even come here anymore

I left, and this is just a brief period, but I'm leaving again

it's just YOU and (SAC)

and that's why he wants you to stay

I'm not lying, the media covers "hatechan" all the time. And you know what? I think by them calling this "hatechan" they really are up to something, because this place is full of haters. Many hateful losers who can't enjoy themselves, many people who hate real news. What a shame!

Teach me about the Apache Cordova Exploit, please……

I really, REALLY want you to teach me

I don't hate you at all

I don't even dislike you

I actually DO like you

I'm just bored to tears with the redundancy
it's always the same boring song

can't you add some depth to your routine?

Imagine a comedian who only tells ONE joke

Imagine a singer who only performs ONE song

Thats your problem, you give up and blame everyone else for your own problems, you blame me for your own decision to leave, but thats not me making that decision, thats you and its your problem, not mine. maybe instead of giving up, you should try to contribute something of value here, like REAL NEWS?

RE: blame ? WTF?!!! BLAME??…..

hahaha dude……
I don't BLAME anybody…..

I left because I've had some NEW THINGS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE…..

you should try it

I report geo-politics. I report economics. I report events, wars, terror, false flags. I report corruption and sedition. I report mass spying. I report poverty pimping and exploitation and all kinds of fraud. I report institutional decay and systemic corruption! What much more could you possibly ask for!?

I don't 'blame' you for anything

I'm happier now
Things undulate
Life changes
New situations arose
People grow

Why would I blame YOU for the modified situations in my real life?

You don't 'report' jack shit

you're not a reporter

you're a compulsive enthusiast who only seeks certain content to copy and paste

that's not a reporter

I'm not a quantum physicist
That's why I don't do quantum physics
and i don't pretend to

I report bombshell topics that affect millions and millions of people on Planet Earth! All kinds of bombshell news! What more could anyone ask for? How could you top something that BIG!? I'm posting reports that millions of readers on other sites see. I mean, Holy Jesus Mother of Virgin Mary, that's BIG.

In life, when it rains it pours

Lately, I've had EVERYTHING suddenly become simultaneously modified….

My schedule had to change

priorities

Attached: Morton salt - When it Rains It Pours-8x6.jpg (421x561, 74.93K)

copying and pasting pre-existing articles is not reporting

sorry

I report HERE. Copy/pasting is reporting on the image boards, thats how you report HERE.

I'll give you an example of how important this ONE topic is: it made Drudge headlines! Thats 30,000,000 visitors a day looking at those headlines. WOW. Big stuff!

inherently, the fact that these articles already exist proves it's not news anymore

so…. you're going to tell me that playing recordings of other people's music makes you a singer?

If you sing along with it, YES!

so… if you post a .jpg of the statue of liberty, that makes you a sculptor?

copying and pasting isn't 'singing along'

So if you Xerox somebody else's photographs, you're a photographer?

Hey, Clark Kent……

I love you…

YOU… the human being…..
I really do…. I'm being sincere…….

but your performance needs new content

it's grown old

Okay, I've got to run now…
Have a good night, sir

You missed the point completely. Posting news here is reporting on Zig Forums. When you post news here, you report here.

don't eat any spicy meatbal-ls beforrre sleep

dcode.fr/italian-accent

you missed the point here

NOWHERE does it say copying and pasting here is called 'reporting'

……………….that's just YOUR interpretation

You make-a the meata-ball?

in fact, tbqh…. YOU are the first person I've ever seen call this 'reporting'

make-a the meata-ball and-a THEN make-a the sauce

hint: call yourself a 'contributor'

and even that's a stretch

we all just addicts

addicted to expressing ourselves
the 'news' angle is just an excuse to voice off

I contribute by reporting, and yes, reporting is the official code of conduct for news boards, authenticated and defined as image board God-granted natural law!

Venting frustration is also God-granted natural image board law, a code of conduct for news boards.

I've got to run now, so I won't even be here to see you NOT BE ABLE TO SHOW ME ANY REFERENCE TO 'REPORTING' ON THIS BOARD

arrivederci, and make-a the meata-ball and-a make-a the sauce

again: i won't be here to watch you not provide any 'code of conduct' that calls anyone in here 'a reporter'

Pasta Vista

Also, hatred is actually considered, under God-granted natural image board law, to be in VIOLATION of the ethical code of conduct (for news boards only). So therefore Johnny saying he does not hate me saves him from ethical violations here, which Jim is procuring and overwatching very closely under many federal investigations.

THE God-granted code of conduct for image boards does not exist in physical form, it is received by the Word of God and given to only a few who chose to participate in spreading truth in the face of lies. You would never know it.

Bitchute.com

Keep watch. Every single day new reports are coming out, and guess what? People enjoy watching them.

Drudge Report

Over 30,000,000 visitors per day! Need I say more? People are looking at this news, very single day. Pretty repetitive? Redundant? Sure. But NOT abnormal.

Anybody have ABC ?….

watch NOW !!!

the walendas are walking the highwire over Time Square

seriously….

you wanna watch this

stfu

Another problem with this board: no one can take a joke. You guys don't like news. You don't like jokes. You just hate to hate, its almost as if I might as well stick to posting on Zig Forums….. at least there were some who were cool over there.

cool : something I don't claim to be

I didn't mean cool as in 'hip', I meant cool as in open minded and fun to talk to. People who are not total snobs.

I'm not a snob. I'm simply somebody who grew tired of paranoid conspiracy nonsense back in 1980

Honestly, and I'm going to be blunt about this, recently I've been going to other undisclosed forums online, and I find a lot more like-minded people to talk to who actually enjoy knowing whats going on, and we share info. I'm not going to mention which ones, but all I can say is they are much more fun than Zig Forums has ever been. These people are not snobs. I've had some fun here, but the only people left seem to be complete assholes. So I'll continue to post some news, but I will be doing more talking on the other forums for now on, a lot more fun, and a lot of very good people elsewhere who enjoy the information and media I share.

Don't worry, I won't stop posting REAL NEWS, I'll just drop by time to time to make sure its not slidden and say a quick hello and goodbye now and then.

What about Iridium, a Chrome fork without the spying crap iridiumbrowser.de/

Attached: iridium.jpeg (1000x524, 54.92K)

Have not tried that one yet, but I think I might give it a go sometime. Any privacy add-ons like Noscript or browser agent spoofers for it?

Yes, any Chrome privacy add-ons should work with it. Dissenter also works on it.

I've been replacing Zig Forums with real life activities and new friendships

That can be just as good too, I tend to take a break from the computer once in a while, although there is not much to do in my small town besides hit the local diner or bar. So I tend to take breaks when I hang out with friends or family once in a while or have some laundry to clean, or some yard work to do. Otherwise the internet is great for wasting time and pre-occupying myself when nothing much is going on these days. I don't have a family to take care of so things get boring at times.

bumping real news

too much trouble for me, imma soccer mom and i just wanna web surf and not have ads for depression pills and tampons pop up alla tiime

will FF stop this ?

(sac)cer mom

We don't like yor Zig Forums kind here.
The likes of youse is even too stupid for us

We get the run off of yor ilk from Zig Forumsand i just get depressed and puke up my parmesan eggplant

and i aint even jokin'

But please come back
e need detritus like you to vent our hostility on

I'm (sac)tiric and I aint gonna take it no mor!!!

every installed browser creates those files, you techless person
You really like to sound like you know what yor talking about dont you

This is why /killcen/ posts here

He can come across as the grand old man of pc security to the technologically ignorant

This guy is a 74 yr old ludite who never touched tech til 20 yrs ago

I'm pretty fucking old myself, but I was websurfing with netscape in 1990 when my 15 yr old nephew taught me how on a phone modem,, and I still know very little of computer tech, but I still know 10x more than you

(sac)ntagonized

Use a portable browser if you don't want those

Attached: Capture.JPG (831x547, 86.26K)