Favourite Bible passages

Attached: IMG-20190429-WA0003.jpg (400x333, 16.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

babylonbee.com/news/10-blatantly-obvious-christ-figures-star-wars-universe
biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/23-42.htm
boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2877278
boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2843164
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We're gonna make it bros

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lordrevealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Matthew 7:5

This verse is actually extremely witty when you think about it. If it had been translated in less formal terms, it could read:
Essentially, Jesus is flinging wisecracks in the face of His own death. It's one of those wordplay jokes on the same level as

1 Timothy 2:11
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness

‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” -Revelation 21:4

Attached: Capture.PNG (585x892, 435.84K)

You want to know what's interesting about this verse? All the modern translations remove the word "Lord" from out of his mouth.

Attached: BibleKJV.jpg (320x240, 27.2K)

Oh sorry meant to quote:

Attached: kjv_1.jpg (480x360, 9.29K)

Those aren't wise-cracks, Jesus is not implicating Himself. He has always took care to never proclaim Himself in public, even the Apostles affirm it; this was so that scripture could be fulfilled that He was completely innocent of what the Jews accused of Him of.

ESV doesnt have it. ESV is highly accurate and literal. The original probably didnt have it

Fatherly love of God, greatness of Mankind and our current sad, depressing state summed up in these two sentences.

Anyone that removes a word from the gospel will be dealt with in a similar manner.

Luke 23:42 has the thief confessing Christ as Lord. This is absolute truth, and anyone removing a word from the witness of God is in sin.

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Attached: tumblr_nr0z2hzRVo1repobao1_640.jpg (560x350, 35.92K)

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered. Matthew 21:18-22 NIV

God Hates Figs!

Look these degenerate figs. Disgusting!

Attached: 746736.jpg (1600x1067, 170.43K)

God doesnt hate anything, but saved resources that would be consumed by the fruitless tree and wouldnt give anything back.
Its of a same symbolism as with the parable about the talents: When you are given resources for something (and for us, Humans, merely existing as images and likenesses of God is enough of a resource for this purpose) you are expected to do something with it.

I bet you're fun at Bible study.

BIBLEBOT ONLY INTERPRETS BIBLE VERSES
UNKNOWN CONCEPT 'HUMOR' TERMINATE SEQUENCE; ERROR 4711.

The joke was tasteless then

I see what you did there. Subtle, but funny!

figs taste great man

Roman 3:16

John 8:12

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

It has something Bane-esque about it, with Christ being a morally perfect and metaphysically transcendent version of Bane.

Attached: f1200acbc0c370c747b36ed063a0a8f4796d816e80d506d19fa4579d021cb368.png (1280x720 2.15 MB, 50.87K)

You have that backwards. Christ is not based on Bane and is not a "version of" Bane. Bane is a morally repugnant and degenerate "Christ-like" figure.

I guess it’s (((Hollywood))) at it again eh

So adding words is okay then? Shouldn't that be considered even worse?

user… I really don't think it says that. Adding words where they didn't exist are sinful also. I'm unsure where this strange idea popped into your head from.

Because you're implying that the English translation (KJV) is the only translation of the bible that matters…

most primary characters in most stories are bastardized versions of Jesus.
think of Spiderman. in his origin story, he leaps off a building to prove himself. In the gospels, satan tempts Jesus to jump off the temple, and Jesus won't, because He won't test God and He refuses to be tempted by satan as God.
I agree, Jesus is not a "version" of anyone, but there are countless "versions" of Jesus that are all spiritually unfulfilling.

Your comment helped me tonight, user. Thank you very much for posting it. very seriously. Praise God! He truly shows up everywhere!

babylonbee.com/news/10-blatantly-obvious-christ-figures-star-wars-universe

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Attached: 1520899812436.png (400x416, 93.36K)

Them feels…when I was an altar boy we used to pray this before the celebration of mass.
I’m in dire need of hope lately…and faith; and above all to learn that I do not have to earn His love and that I deserve to be loved despite my sins. Them feels…

Just because it's in the KJV doesn't mean it was in the original. It means it probably was. But if the ESV, which is probably one of the most literal translations out there doesnt have it, and neither does any other that I can find, it probably wasnt in the original

Bane said he was going to give Gotham back to the people. Jesus gave us salvation.

biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/23-42.htm

It's Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom, just like I was taught in CCD. The Greek word for lord is kyrie, as in kyrie eleison.

That is incorrect, it removes entire words and verses as do most of the modern versions. This isn't due to literality, it's because those translations are based on new discoveries that were never before known. That goes against the eternal preservation of God's word. And not only that, nobody on earth even tried to remove that word from Luke 23:42 until Tischendorf, and until Westcott and Hort came out with a revised version in 1881. You aren't even quoting the preserved sources of God's word anymore. It's a simple fact that no Bible on earth had a corrupted form of Luke 23:42 until someone came up with new revelations.

The ESV also, for instance, removes the entire verse of Acts 8:37, and it puts Mark 16:9-20 in brackets. It's just casting doubt on scripture without even being sure whether it belongs or not. By including things but marking them with brackets they are making you doubt whether you can be sure anything in the Bible is really supposed to be there. There's nothing "literal" about it. Because it doesn't even know what to write.

i will say a little prayer for you user

John 16:33:

Attached: 2018-03-0100-because-of-him-easter-2018-mormonorg-384x216-thumb.jpg (384x216, 13.19K)

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

This

7“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose trust is the LORD.
8He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”

25“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?g 28And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I never implied this you moron. You repeated exactly what I said, which you would realize if you had a basic understanding of logic.

Your words:

Christ is not a version of Bane

Christ is both a version of Bane and Bane is a version of Christ, because they share commonalities which is a symmetric relationship. This does not imply that either is based on the other, but if, then only Bane can be based on Christ because the opposite would be anachronistic by 2000 years, which is so obvious that pointing it out is an act of stupidity!

Attached: Venn_A_intersect_B_alt.svg.png (1280x844, 83K)

I like 1 Corinthians 8:6 because it tells me that the Father is the only true God and with no co-equals.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
————————–
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

And I like Colossians 2:9.

>For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Job 38:31

Romans 14:5

Genesis 22:1-18
Psalms 51:10-12
1 Peter 5:6-7
Psalms 86:5
Exodus 14:13-14

John 15:18

General Yuri Discussion and Bang Dream Thread
This thread is for:
*Screenshots, pages, and discussion about general series, current or old, not covered by an existing thread, be it yuri, fanservice, subtext or goggles. Canon and non-canon both welcome.
*News reports about things relevant to our interest
*Original content that doesn't fit any specific thread topics
*Pretty much anything that doesn't have or need its own thread.

Current thread: boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2877278
Bang Dream thread: boards.4chan.org/u/thread/2843164

Attached: K-On but better.jpg (658x649, 360.69K)

[The passage where God tells Abraham to sacrifice Isaac; the passage is too long to be able to post it together with the passages below]
- Genesis 22:1-18

And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
- Exodus 14:13-14

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- Psalms 19:7-9

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
- Psalms 51:10-12

For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
- Psalms 86:5

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Isaiah 40:28-31

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Romans 12:1-2

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Hebrews 12:1-2

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
- Revelation 3:20

Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established.
— Exodus 15:17

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
— Hebrews 11:10

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
— Job 19:25-27

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
— Genesis 3:15

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Psalm 91:4
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

John 11:25-26
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Romans 8:29-30
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a man as with a woman, they have both committed an abomination. They must surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

The taboo makes gay sex so much better..

Attached: gayorgy.jpeg (1200x886, 162.67K)

Mine is love thy neighbor. I suck mine off.

Attached: suk2.jpeg (380x350, 28.38K)