Is Not Having Kids Okay?

Of deadly disease they shall die. Unlamented and unburied they will lie like dung on the ground.'"

Is it okay for a Christian to chose not to have kids, given that (1) this nation (America) has become so wicked and perverse that it will be nearly impossible to keep them out of hell or safe from God's likely oncoming wrath against the children of millennial, and (2) I've committed horrific sins and don't want this evil, or Earthly punishment for this evil, passed on to my offspring?

I've struggled a lot over the above verse. It seems to poke holes in the ideas that (a) God never rescinded the command to "be fruitful and multiply" and (b) that it's God's will every time a child will created. If he didn't want Jeremiah to have children during that age of incredible suffering, couldn't he just not have created them when Jeremiah had sex? But instead, he's saying "don't do it bro, because if you do, I'm gonna give you a kid and that kid's life is really gonna suck"

What do you guys think? I can't stop thinking about this verse. Is it valid to not want kids, out of love and fear for their well being, or should all men try to procreate?

Attached: jeremiah-8615.jpg (928x1141, 289.76K)

If you're white please procreate
- God in the bible somewhere

Yes, not all men are called to a married life.

That's borderline despair. With God's grace, everything is possible and pretty much all nations suffer the same vices that America does.

Why do you think your personal sins will pass on to your kids?

Lol, all are called to procreation if they get married.

We're primarily called to either clear away sin through grace afforded through the priesthood or through the rearing of children. If you believe that you shouldn't have children, then go into the Church or dedicate yourself towards endeavors that accomplish similar to what matrimony and holy orders do.

Attached: 5f3ae37ac3ed331f8598ec8d8f0daa934b4836bc5785ccd4e1c60490ebbfc884.jpg (480x792, 27.61K)

Consult with a priest, perhaps even a monk. This is really beyond the capabilities of anonymous users. What little advice I can give you; this was a charge given to Jeremiah specifically. We are all meant to be married to Christ as the Bride the Church. But if you cannot do it as a monastic, God allows marriage to Man and Woman in Christ. Where the fruit of marriage is new life through childbirth, the fruit of monasticism is new life through asceticism. Just as easily as you recognize Jeremiah can you recognize Abraham and Lot. While America is very low, as indeed every nation is sinful and low, we can still be the Good in it. As for the suffering of children, again, that is SPECIFIC to Jeremiah. We are told not only to be fruitful and multiply, but to trust in God for all our needs (needs, not wants or what we think is our needs). This is faith. Do not despair, God is with us! Pray for me, as I pray that God may be merciful and aid you. as a monk once said "don't be anxious over those that want to kill us, they may do so and save us!"

Enough of this D&C doomer shilling.

if you are a priest, it's ok,

I'm reasonably sure that Jeremiah 16 isn't talking about America.

It depends on your calling. If God calls you to marriage and family, you need to put your personal feelings aside and do as God commands. If, however, God calls you to not marry, that's not a sign you should be an incel NEET. It means you need to join a Holy Order without hesitation. Oh, sure, you have free will and, thus, you can ignore God's call if you want … but you won't like the results of that very much.

It's also a bad idea to compare yourself to Jeremiah.

Jesus didn't have any children except spiritual ones, it's valid.

If you're white, no otherwise create a dozen of kids

What is in Jeremiah’s pipe?

Jesus says no. Jesus says that if you can accept becoming "like a eunuch" for the Kingdom of God, you should. In other words, if you can give up all sexual intercourse for the sake of Jesus, then you should. Saint Paul's epistles almost treat marriage as a sort of lesser good, saying that it's at least better than "burning with passion," but that otherwise you should accept being celibate if you can. Not all men can handle the celibate life, but if you can, that is a great blessing and you should take full advantage of it. If you can't accept full-blown celibacy, however, then yes you should get married and have children, as there is no other context in which sexual intercourse is not sinful.

Absolutely not
You have that thing for a reason
You're here for a reason
Give God more Christians and don't let his work get undone

Most certainly some loud

How will this change if we don't have children and raise them properly? We need to build God worshiping homes and fill them with beautiful little souls. It IS possible to keep our children out of Hell. Your children will NOT be burdened by your sin. Take them to church, take them to a religious school (or home school), teach them the evils of hedonism.

I think you should pray about this. It's normal to be fearful and concerned in this world, and bringing up children is a huge responsibility. But what is God calling you to do? I am a woman so my personal view is different, but I agree with the other commenters about this doomer attitude. It's going to lead you down a bad path. God will provide for us. Do you trust Him?

Not OP but in a similar spot as in I'm embracing celibacy but feel guilty about denying a good women a husband and my people children. I have faith that God will do what seems good to him and give me eternal life by his grace and love for me. I have 0 faith that he will provide my daily bread (mainly the virtuous wife, children, and dignity part). I'm INTJ, studying stem, and fit; but find it impossible to relate to modern women. I'm able to go on dates and have girlfriends I have 0 connection to. Looking for a new church and even willing to consider a Catholic one, but have no idea how to find a good one (I've tried LOTS of protestant ones).

I don't think you should feel guilty about denying others anything, the concern is denying yourself something. It seems like OP has a lot of external factors screaming "don't have kids," whereas what you're saying sounds more internal (just my interpretation).

I'm prot too, I also have a difficulty connecting with men. I love my church but I'm considering finding other young adult studies to visit.

It's probably apart of my genes to have such a collective mindset rather than a religious one. God does command us to be fruitful and multiply, but Paul says otherwise.

What kind of difficulties with men do you have?

They're either faking their beliefs to get my attention, or they're not ready to settle down.

I'm 22 so have no concept of what settling down means, if it's a matter of graduating and having money I can tell you that I personally would be far to bitter by then, but you are probably older and mean commitment. Dealing with lukewarm Christians can be very frustrating so I definitely understand that. If you have any tips for me I'd love to hear them.