Why should I become an Orthodox Christian?

Why should I become an Orthodox Christian?

Attached: PF_17.11.07_orthodoxChristians_featured640x320.jpg (640x320, 260.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDsxw-e0m3mIkapUEZ_-5BEOr19F4t73
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0g7Y7uKp4egFoGQTB9jLgmF1tpbN-Od6
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKXGJjRU-bTV8i7pQ700Z4Jkw0WN1djiO
youtu.be/sxAzBOrtaRY
youtu.be/R-s8v81ZkeU
youtu.be/DyuvkoiYlYk
youtu.be/Bqm8pt21cYg
youtu.be/SvEX15vd82w
youtu.be/f3PGARSJeNU
orthodoxinfo.com/general/greatschism.aspx
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/twopaths.aspx
orthodoxchristianity.net/texts/Bulgakov_VaticanDogma.html
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/papaldogma.aspx
impantokratoros.gr/PaulBallaster_Convolier.en.aspx
golubinski.ru/ecclesia/primacy.htm
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/Guettee_ThePapacy.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You shouldn't because they're just another pagan Roman Catholic spin off and they worship pictures and Mary. Once you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior you will be saved. They teach a works based salvation, as typical of all pagan faiths. Christ taught salvation by faith alone.

You shouldn't, because they're just another schismatic group and they don't accept the authority of the pope. Once you join the Catholic Church, you will be where God wants you to be. They accept divorce, as typical of compromised churches. Christ taught marriage for life.

Slander won't get you anywhere.

Everything you said has nothing to do with reality. It's just slander. Bearing false witness.

And worse, you do it to your own brothers.

You shouldn't beecause we're another nationalist confederation and we don't speak English. Once you join the Orthodox Church, you will regret it your whole life. We grow beards, as typical of pseudo-Mohammedian sects. Remember to shave.

Because it is the most original Christian faith.

Papism was invented by Charlemagne.
Protestantism was invented by Luther.

Begome gadolig

You brainlets need to lurk moar

Attached: 1499454630343.png (2157x768 84.22 KB, 211.36K)

Attached: maze_meme_0.png (2381x1250, 4.3M)

Don't listen to the Catholic propaganda in here, do your own research:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbDsxw-e0m3mIkapUEZ_-5BEOr19F4t73
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0g7Y7uKp4egFoGQTB9jLgmF1tpbN-Od6
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKXGJjRU-bTV8i7pQ700Z4Jkw0WN1djiO
youtu.be/sxAzBOrtaRY
youtu.be/R-s8v81ZkeU
youtu.be/DyuvkoiYlYk
youtu.be/Bqm8pt21cYg
youtu.be/SvEX15vd82w
youtu.be/f3PGARSJeNU
orthodoxinfo.com/general/greatschism.aspx
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/twopaths.aspx
orthodoxchristianity.net/texts/Bulgakov_VaticanDogma.html
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/papaldogma.aspx
impantokratoros.gr/PaulBallaster_Convolier.en.aspx
golubinski.ru/ecclesia/primacy.htm
orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/Guettee_ThePapacy.pdf

Because it’s the true faith, with the true theology. God bless you.

Attached: 54446603_254165978858919_4987626814585180661_n.jpg (745x814, 47.62K)

Nice model for sanctity you got there.

Love the comments. The world is waking up to Catholic pedophilia.

Don't pretend that you don't have you share of corrupt clergy to cover up the fact that your Church has been compromised. Christ never promised us perfect bishops, but He did promise us the Church, againts which the gates of hell will not prevail.

k

Attached: OrthodoxSexScandals.jpg (684x677, 98.68K)

Now why would I accept the authority of an atheist?

you wanna know what's propaganda? Papal Infallibility.

Ah yes, the Church of St. Peter,

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-05 at 11.44.10.png (1203x208, 27.44K)

You may want to take out Archbishop Stylianos from there. He was proven innocent plus he died recently. I suppose you don't wanna carry the sin of slandering dead, innocent people with you.

Don't you have school tomorrow?

Attached: 0eb80e0e06a435f076c4f35aeb09c88539029179a54909571d0fe34246855ec7.jpg (255x122, 9.75K)

By the way, that apartment belonged to the secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, right in the heart of Rome. You've got Cardinals, and their secretaries, having drug-fueled gay orgies right under the Pope's nose, and you're gonna pontificate about the so-called "authority" of St. Peter? St. Peter left that place LONG AGO, and in his place was erected the full blown embodiment of the Antichrist. The Orthodox Catholic Church is the only Church left on Earth with any legitimacy, any authority, any true doctrine, and we're not having drug-fueled gay orgies in our holiest places.

I see a lot of slander and false witness on this board.

see

also the Tsar is cringing at you rn

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-05 at 11.52.28.png (95x99, 17.08K)

After you're done navigating the maze of numerous, ill-defined, Zionist backed churches let me know when you find one where the preacher is actually aware of the Greek Septuagint. Also Luther mutilated the Bible with the help of rabbis. Protestantism is talmudic heresy.

Actually no, tomorrow is a bank holiday so we can all have some fun

Attached: fun.jpg (483x434, 37.43K)

honestly, do what you feel like. As long as your church has apostolic grace (i.e. has a valid succession of bishops leading to Jesus Christ) and you fulfill the commandments, you should be ok. All the autists here flinging shit at each other, but it's really about your heart and if you love God with all your heart, and if you love thy neighbor as yourself.

The beautiful thing about Antioch (the first church Peter founded) is that it doesn't exist anymore and we can idealize it without sounding ridiculous.

Lets all submit to the See of Antioch, frens.

Sure it exists, it's called the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch, which is it's direct successor.

"do what you feel like" the motto of the boomer

I mean the city. I'm quite fond of the Patriarchate and diocese. But it's based in Damascus now.

Ah okay, my apologies.

No need.. I see that I was confusing. I'm kind of rambling about ideals and it doesn't make much sense tbh.

The diocese definitely plays a big part in my thinking, but I also think Antioch would be a good rallying point for all Christians. Not Constantinople, not Rome.. but Antioch. The nonexistent city that still somehow can hold sway as a symbol. Even Protestants are fond of the name, for it's very scriptural and where Christians were first called "Christians". Everyone loves Antioch. Orthodox obviously, but also Catholic for still seeing Petrine leadership there, and Protestants for scriptural leadership. That it exists mostly as an ideal and that there are no gay orgies there is also more appealing to Catholics than Rome. ;)

the american branch of the antiochean church is filled with freemasonry. But I guess all of them are except for OCA and ROCOR since they aren't as rich as the serbs, antiocheans, and GOARCH.

Be Catholodox and recognize that the head bishop over your local canonical bishop is the Bishop of Rome, though he's a heretic right now.

Nice cherry picking. There have of course been incidents, but nothing on the sheer scale of Catholic abuse!

I'm sure you're exagerrating, but just assuming it's true, it's sad. But I also don't think many low level masons are bad or that they even know what they're getting into. Especially immigrant communities (like the Antiochian church started with). Like black Americans, they see it as a way to network and be part of American society.. even though it's anything but that at the higher level. Catholics were wise for building an alternative, but other people don't have the money or numbers to make that viable (perhaps blacks do however).

And the one of those that I know about for sure is a lie. Probably there more false claims in there as well. Imagine feeling so insecure about the scandals in your church that you go and make a pic like that full of fake scandals about another church, like if this will somehoe atone for your own.

You shouldn't.

Attached: 481564f0b5e9ad39e94898a457eb1c90923ea6a2bbdf34eebdc44f7ef510acbe.jpg (480x480, 20.6K)

This is the best argument against Catholicism though. There’s no winnie the pooh way in hell that Jesus Christ would allow something like the Second Vatican Council to happen to His Church. Contrast that to Orthodoxy where doctrine and liturgy are rock-solid despite there being individual corrupt priests and bishops.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelest

Vatican II changed literally nothing about Catholic dogma.

what is an annulment

1) That’s simply a lie, e.g. freedom of religion was absolutely new and contradicted the previous 2000 years of Catholic teaching.
2) Regardless of what happened on paper, in practice Catholic doctrine changed massively, 99% of Catholics changed what they believe, and the Church was completely wrecked. I’m not an atheist so I believe Jesus literally does supernaturally protect His Church, and He wouldn’t have allowed that to happen. I understand how you might still be in the Catholic Church if you are an atheist materialist who doesn’t believe in God though.

There's no "freedom of religion" taught in Vatican II, you're still liable for judgement if you're not a Christian without extraneous circumstance - such as invincible ignorance. What they don't tell you, is that invincible ignorance isn't really applicable for many in our modern world.

You should be careful making bold claims like "that's a lie" if you're wrong.

Substantiate. Liturgical change isn't a doctrinal change.

Which has nothing to do with what the Church - as a teaching entity - believes. Just because your children believe they are really man-dragon hybrids doesn't mean that you in turn teach or believe they are man-dragon hybrids.

Which you've successfully self-refuted yourself on with the rest of your post.

You actually think anyone is dumb enough to believe your lies lol.

Now I’m sure you’ll come at me with some esoteric interpretation of this that means it totally doesn’t me

please try to make a serious attempt to substantiate your argument

Literally gave you a quote from Vatican II documents bro. Please stop lying about your cult. You are starting to remind me of the Mormons.

You're only showing your ignorance and begging the question, the Church has actually never moved against any other religion except in cases of heresy (whom are, by definition, not actors of other religions) or in cases of self-defense (saracens and their urge to conquer everything).

If you're saying that the Vatican II changed doctrine, then you need to show so in the other direction: Where has the Catholic Church converted Saracens and Jews by force? Or even pagans. Only situation I can think of is the Reconquista, and that was a case where the Spanish Monarchy was re-establishing itself.

There's no salvation outside of the Church, if you want to be saved, get in.

All the times Catholic saints destoyed idols and temples, all the time the Catholic Church endorsed legislation against pagan practices, the Albigensian Crusade, the Wendish Crusades, the Danish Crusades, the Livonian Crusades, constantly expelling the Jews or forcing them to convert (Spain 1492, endorsed by the Catholic Church) etc. etc. The entire history and practice of the Catholic Church contradicts the freedom of religion doctrine. I’m honestly shocked that you thought this would stump me. I guess you don’t know much history.

Vatican II contradicts Unam Sanctam. But that’s just low hanging fruit. Vatican I teaches the pope has always had the supremacy he has over RCC he does today SINCE THE APOSTLES. Truth is that the pope of Rome evolved into an emperor after the fall of the Western Roman Empire.

Novus Ordo… another eggregious innovation with no backing from Holy Tradition.

It's very likely that Vatican II is non-dogmatic. And there have been robber councils before. Implying that Western Rome was paganized is so risible… the Pope always knew his place and authority - when Constantine moved the imperial city to the East, the Pope did not go with him. He understood that he had to remain in Rome. There were times when emperors even tried to seize the Pope. He was never servile to Constantine or emperors, because he knew his role. The irony is that's it's actually true of Constantinople, the Patriarch of Constantinople claimed he had the Pope's authority.
The way Novus Ordo was envisioned was not how the Boomer Bishops allow it to be today.
Now, can you show me that the Apostles practiced hesychasm? Can you explain to me why you have female deacons? Multiple divorces, and birth control being permitted? Even if there are subversive preists that support birth control, the Catholic Church has never officially permitted it. Annulment abuse is a loophole, just like NFP being seen as birth control. The Church still teaches that marriage is forever and that divorce constitutes adultery, and that birth control is forbidden.

Attached: rebuke.png (1189x876 91.13 KB, 218.08K)

An important difference to recognize is, unlike the Catholic Church's policy of staying silent and moving priests across state or international borders, the Orthodox Church's policy is to work with authorities.

Imo the Catholic policy of avoiding controversies seems like a huge cop out. No one is saying the Orthodox Church is somehow immune to predators joining their ranks. But at least the Orthodox's don't hide it, and work to get these Pedo's out of the Church.