What are all the protestant versions of christianity? (I don't know how to say it. English isn't my first language)

What are all the protestant versions of christianity? (I don't know how to say it. English isn't my first language)
For example Baptism and Lutherism. What are the others? And what's the difference between them?

I'm really sorry for the bad english.
And pic unrelated

Attached: 5ec.png (433x709, 137.63K)

Your English is good. The notable sects are Baptists, Pentecostals, Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists, 7 Day Adventists, the list goes on. For the most part, there aren’t really many differences between the sects; we mainly have the same beliefs with small differences. As a prot myself, I don’t even know all the differences between the churches. It really doesn’t matter, we worship the same God and read from the same Bible. Did this answer your question?

Yes thank you

Lutheran: They follow the theology of Martin Luther. They believe in the 5 Solae: we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, on the basis of the Bible alone, and glory is given to God alone by the mediation of Jesus alone.

Reformed (Calvinist): They follow the theology of John Calvin. They believe in the principles of TULIP: we cannot seek God by our own will, all the saved are chosen by God from eternity for salvation and all the condemned are chosen by God from eternity for condemnation, Jesus died on the cross for the saved, not for everyone, the grace of God is stronger than the desire of the saved to reject the gospel, and those who are called for salvation will definitely be saved: if one ends up not being saved, they never had true faith to begin with.

Anglican: The historical Church of England which has separated from the Church of Rome and then taken onto Protestant doctrine. Today they are a bit all over the place - you have high-church Anglicans who are practically Catholics without a Pope, and low-church Anglicans who are nearly impossible to distinguish from your average Baptist church. But two important and generally universal documents are the Book of Common Prayer and the 39 Articles.

Methodist: They broke away from the Anglican Church and follow the theology of John Wesley. They reject the more Reformed elements of Anglican theology, and believe that doctrinal authority lays in 4 sources: the Bible, tradition, reason, and experience.

Baptist: They generally believe that there are no sacraments (means by which one has real and immediate communion with Jesus through matter, and receives His saving grace this way), but rather ordinances (rituals that we must do in memory of Jesus because He told us to). As such, they believe that baptism of infants has no effect, but one must be able to confess their faith in Jesus to be properly baptized - and even then baptism does not make an inward change, but rather is an outward expression of the change that has already happened inward. Also, because the eucharist is not really a sacrament, it is of course not really the Body and Blood of Jesus. That aside, Baptists are a bit all over the place too.

Anabaptist: They tend to have a very practical, non-mystical view of sacraments, and so they too believe that the baptism of infants isn't valid. They see the primary purpose of the eucharist as being to express the fraternal communion between the believers. They generally believe in absolute non-violence, and do not swear oaths. It's a bit difficult to discuss them because they don't really have some kind of systematized theology.

Pentecostal: They believe there are three baptisms: baptism into the Body of Christ (which happens through faith), baptism in water (which is an outward expression of the inward change), and baptism in the Holy Spirit (which is given to a truly repentant and faithful heart). Baptism in the Holy Spirit leads to evidence that one has the Holy Spirit, because one receives gifts of the Holy Spirit (speaking in tongues, healing others, becoming fully dedicated to preaching…), and this is proof of salvation.

Seventh-Day Adventist: They follow the theology of Ellen White, whom they also believe was a prophet. Some of their beliefs that are unusual among Protestants: they believe (as dogma) that the world was made in six 24-hour long days. There is no separation betwee the body and the soul, but when man dies he remains unconscious until the resurrection, and at the resurrection those who are condemned will completely cease to exist. They follow the Law of Moses, including the Sabbath, and they worship on Saturday rather than Sunday. They believe that at Jesus's second coming, the saints will be resurrected and reign with Him in heaven while the earth is desolate and inhabited by the demons, then 1000 years later the wicked will be resurrected and destroyed with the demons.

Beside these, you have 2 movements in Protestantism that spread over several denominations (and even beginning to spread into Catholicism):
- Evangelicaism: A stronger focus on spreading the gospel, studying the Bible, and letting other know they can have proof of their eternal salvation.
- Charismaticism: A stronger focus on praying to ask for the Holy Spirit, and on spiritual gifts (most commonly glossalia, that is, speaking in angelic tongues).

Thanks for the answer

Here's a couple decent charts

Attached: US Christian Tiers.png (1762x449 1.41 MB, 221.15K)

Heresy is strong with this one.

Lutherans, Calvinists and Anglicans are the main original protestant heresies.
Lutherans believe only faith saves you, and if you do good or bad acts it's only cause God allows you to. They kind of negate free will,and what little free will you may have does not matter. How did they manage to read the Bible and come to the conclusion that acts don't matter and only faith does? I don't know, they must have a different Bible than the rest of us do.
Calvinist (and puritans, who are calvinist) believes you are born saved or condemned. Saved people are naturally good and hard working and good Calvinists and condemned people are basically everyone else. They're like the stereotypical "holier than thou" kind of moral bussybuddy. How did they manage to read the Bible and come to the conclusion that there is no pardon nor redemption and that you are born saved? I don't know, they must have a different Bible than the rest of us do.
Oh, wait, they actually have different Bibles cause they edit out the epistles that they don't like. So much for the Bible being holy, infallible and the only thing you need to reach God.

Anglicans are just Catholics who got separated cause the king of England was getting a very serious case of blue balls. Later down the line they threw in some minor changes to show the rest of the world how they're totally not just popeless Catholics

Attached: adfadfa.jpg (960x520, 61.41K)

Might reconsider this with all the KJV-Onlyists existing.

What I meant by that is the Protestant bible- no the specific translation

gave me a good kek

Attached: 1509624335404.jpg (567x633, 78.71K)

Rent free

Attached: crusader approve.gif (720x404, 3.81M)

Both are really bad charts, nice one user.

its like clockwork with you people

Attached: 1554398282315.gif (200x250, 2.65M)

what in the world could I even be hypocritical about? Do you know what hypocrisy even is?

Don't be dense, prots start hooting like monkeys in every catholic tgread and you know it

Uh, no friendo I don't know it. Sorry you have had bad experiences.

…but seriously guys, everyone knows Catholicism will be forced by Western governments to continue in every heresy it's been promoting since Vatican II and before, so the future for Americans is to be in splinter sect evangelical churches which don't have a bishop for the government to control.

Can't knock the hustle.

Attached: The Hustle.jpg (608x1080, 63.74K)

There's literally thousands, and hundreds of them don't self-identify as Protestant. goes over most of the major categories, but there are more, and most of them have sub-categories and sub-sub-categories. The boundaries get even more confusing when specific churches from specific lineages break away from their historic categories and form communions with churches from other categories, or claim to be new categories in their own right. Trying to catalog and understand every single one of them is likely a hopeless task.

Oh well, welcome to your first day on Zig Forums then!

Protestantism does not have a unified doctrine, it is rather a theological free-for all. There is a protestant denomination for virtually every imaginable belief, not to mention the nontrinitarian cults that were spawned from American protestantism.

Small differences? You realize that oneness Pentecostals are definitely a big thing? They are modalists and deny the Trinity.

But for the most part, among Protestant branches, we generally have the same beliefs. Things like the Pentecostals rejecting the trinity are why there are different sects

lol. evidence plz

They don't deny that the Holy Spirit is God or a person. They deny that the Holy Spirit isn't also the Father and the Son. They are Sabellians.

Also, I say this regarding Oneness Pentecostals, not your usual Pentecostals.

Wym evidence?

…what the winnie the pooh?

Attached: Todd hated that.png (339x351, 194.52K)

Prot cope friend

Lutheran here. You papists worship idols, hehexd. Now that I have your attention, let me introduce you to our beliefs. No, Luther didn't want to create a new church, he just wanted to reform corrupted Catholicism. Recent popes have acknowledged that, even raising a statue of Luther in Rome. We believe in justification by grace through faith, and the Catholic Church agrees as they've had a joint declaration with Lutheran World Federation in 1999. We believe that the good works are the result of faith in God, but we don't get saved by them, we just do good works because God likes that we do them, and we love God - no reward guaranteed, only doing them to please him. Neither did Luther want to abandon all traditions e.g. he defended baptism of the children, arguing from tradition. He disliked only "traditions" like selling of indulgences which made people rely on doing something to get saved vs. relying on God to get saved.
At this point I call myself Catholic in exile, I don't worship Mary of the Saints (I view them as great spiritual examples that are worth replicating) and yet I try living up to the seven heavenly virtues and sometimes pray rosary (I exchange Hail Mary's with Jesus Prayer and the last medallion prayer with Magnificat).
Unity for all Christians, no matter denom. God bless you all!

Luther himself was against iconoclasm though.

Not within Biblical orthodoxy. They deny the trinity as far as I'm aware

Has to be fake. No one is shameless enough to say this on twitter