Can I eat halal food? Or does that count as eating food offered to a pagan deity?

Can I eat halal food? Or does that count as eating food offered to a pagan deity?

Attached: How-to-Make-Homemade-Hummus-1200.jpg (1200x1800, 66.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=local american food
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you worry about food read Leviticus chapter 11

Mark 7
16 there is nothing outside a man which by going into him can defile him; but the things which come out of a man are what defile him.”[g]
17 And when he had entered the house, and left the people, his disciples asked him about the parable.
18 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him,
19 since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?”[h] (Thus he declared all foods clean.)
20 And he said, “What comes out of a man is what defiles a man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery,
22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness.
23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man.”

Yes. You can eat kosher food, vegan food, pagan hindi food, luau food, or smoke a whole pig and share it with friends. Christians don't have dietary restrictions.

All foods are clean in and of themselves, but Christians aren't allowed to eat foods offered in sacrifice to idols, no matter what kind of food it is.
Corinthians 10-28:

You can eat food that qualifies as halal, but if you, for example, eat meat that you know was slaughtered by Muslims specifically in order to qualify as halal using whatever rituals they use to make something halal, then I would say that qualifies as eating foods offered unto idols and hence forbidden.

Halal meat isn't offered as sacrifice. It's just slaughtered in a similar way to kashrut specifications - blood fully drained, special extremely sharp knife, etc. It's no more a sacrifice to God than a Catholic family saying grace makes dinner a sacrifice.

But it's done specifically to please their false god. How can you say that it's not offering a sacrifice to idols?
Just to be clear, they don't worship God, they worship a false god.
This isn't comparable, and wouldn't be relevant to other religions anyway unless they also had prohibitions against eating sacrifices offered to false gods.

That's not what sacrificed means. Halal meat isn't considered sacred by muzzies, it's just halal. If it was sacred, so that eating it would be a sacrament, it would be forbidden, because we're not allowed to give scandal by being seen practicing false religions.

I don't know what your definition of "sacrificed" is, but surely you would at least agree that the spirit of that verse is that we shouldn't participate in any of the practices of any false religion.
Meat sacrificed to idols wasn't considered "sacred" by pagans either, they literally ate the meat afterward. The act of sacrifice was sacred but the meat itself wasn't, just like the act of keeping halal is sacred but halal meat itself isn't.
Pagans didn't consider eating meat sacrificed to idols to be a "sacrament."
Well since halal food is specific to Islam, I don't see how eating food you know is halal doesn't qualify as practicing a false religion.

Wrong. Pagans believed the sacrificed meat as imbued with energy of their gods. The meat was a medium through which the gods gave power to the pagans. Pagans consumed it specifically because it was sacred to them.

Whether or not the meat gets eaten is not a determinant for whether it's sacred. Also, that meat WAS considered sacred. Halal food, much like Kosher food, is largely just a descriptor of what food is or is not allowed. Your beef (badum tss) is with the method of slaughter which, while ritualized in that they thank Allah for it, does not make the food sacred. Halal =/= sacred, Halal= not outright forbidden.

Hallal meat isn't sacrificed to Allah. Rather, prayers are made over it. It is more akin to "blessed food" than "sacrificed food".
Of course, non-Christian prayers being made over the food can still be a problem, especially if one considers that non-Christian blessings are really curses. I know of Orthodox priests who permit eating hallal/kosher food and Orthodox priests who don't.

Isn't he saying that this is only a problem if you do it for it's sake, like in an attempt to appease that false religion god or the idolater?

If a pagan just walks up, mumbles something, & then tells you they just blessed the food in your hands for a sacrifice, would it now be tainted? Seems a silly to give this much leverage to heathens' nonsense.

It's not.
Halal meat is killed while pointing to the east and saying a prayer of thanks like people saying grace at dinner.
No sacrifice whatsoever.

I am not butchering any meat to make it halal when I eat it.

I would say it counts as being in the same spirit of the food that St Paul banned us from eating. It really isnt a good idea to eat Halal food, just like it's a bad idea to eat food used in sacrifices to idols

Allah is not a pagan diety. It just means God.. same as Hebrew/Semetic "El". Christian Arabs also use Allah in the generic sense, as we use "God".

The fault solely lies on Islam's beliefs and interpretations. Not the language. The same way Mormons are woefully wrong in their interpretations, even though they use "God" and "Jesus" and sound Christian at times.

Yes he is. Muslims don't worship the same god as Christians. They deny the Trinity. They say Jesus isn't God.

They. Are. Worshipping. A. Different. Deity.

Words aren't magical. What matters is intention and doctrine. When Muslims speak of "Allah", they refer to a demon. It doesn't matter that Christians also use "Allah" to refer to God. And when we say "Allah is a pagan deity" when discussing Islam, we of course refer to the Muslim idea of "Allah".

So, you believe there's more than one god? Repent, heretic.

What is your winnie the pooh problem? You kow what that person meant. Go shitpost elsewhere.

this was done during the apostolic period asking them to abstain from such things, it's no longer in force… I'm pretty sure I recall seeing that in the catechism, could be mistaken though.

Christians aren't allowed to cause people weak in the faith to stumble by eating food offered to idols and so urged to flee from idolatry on grounds of an apostolic mission. I don't know how you manage to skip over the whole bit on 1 Corinthians 8:4-13, and even the lead up to the passage you posted.

Allah is the proper name of the deity in Islam. No Muslim denies this. There is no accepted English translation of the Quran that translates "Allah" as "God". In addition Allah was the name of a pagan deity worshipped prior to Mohammed (surprise it's the same deity), along with deities such as Al-Lat and Al-Uzzah.

By catholic doctrine we are allowed to eat all food - the pagan issue was for a speicifc time, however you should NEVER eat Halal food if you have the choice.

Why? Because Imams/Islamic slaughter groups (Zabihah) get paid for every sale of Halal food. You are funding the Mohammedan agenda, funding their propaganda, dawah (proselytizing), constructions of Mosques etc. Avoid Kosher when you can too.

The more demand for Halal food, the more it will be produced. Do not ever eat Halal food if you have the option. God bless.

Well I live in Lebanon, user, and halal food is all around me. From the canned foods, to cheese, to eggs, to delicious hummus, even to gum!, and of course to meat. I can't do anything about it.

If you considered the bismillah to be offered to another God then probably, but what if it was to the Christian God by any sect one might consider heretical? Would that be prohibited? If not then maybe the halal slaughter might not be prohibited on similar grounds.

Probably not of significance to the question at hand but some of what I know is the following: Jews can eat meat slaughter by Muslims but Muslims by some strict interpretations might not be able to eat any meat other than that slaughtered in the name of Allah. In reality Muslims may be very lax on this and just try their best to avoid pork and anything else that's prohibited by Islam in general or their particular school of thought.

The local religious authorities probably have more substantial advice on the matter than any one here and have probably had it for some time.

Eating a strangled thing worse to me. Also Mosaic dietary restrictions seemed sensible for prohibiting lots of things which are still considered abhorrent by many people like reptiles, and insects like tarantulas, carnivorous mammals like dogs and cats, birds of prey, and simians. It definitely comes off as a "civilizing" aspect.

All in all I think most of us would actually take a hearty stew with halal beef when we're old and ailing in a bed than a gorilla burger.

This thread is likely just a lukewarm attempt at getting people to stop eating kebabs so as to but the financial strain on Muslims, believing it might generate a positive outcome.

Whenever I eat kosher food (which is like 90% of all food that's for sale in the United States) I make a point of doing the Sign of the Cross over it to bless it to God. Of course I say grace over all my meals as well. Kosher specifies that any foods blessed to any god other than the Jewish god cannot be kosher, and the organizations that give kosher certification actually require rabbis to be on-site to make sure that none of the workers are blessing their food to any non-Jewish god. Thus, when I pray over my food and bless it before God, the food no longer meets the requirements of kosher and can be eaten without concern.

I'm not an expert on halal, but I bet that it probably has a similar restriction against foods that have been blessed to any gods other than Allah. If so, all you have to do is pray over it and it's no longer halal.

Attached: froge.jpg (226x225, 9.98K)

kosher nuggets are tastier

Funny thing about that. I have 2 kebab places within 5 blocks of me and both are run by White Christians. Delicious food is delicious regardless of the source and kebab is delicious.

Nah. Muslims don't mind eating food that Christian grace has been said over. Halal isn't sacred, it's just a method of slaughter.

No, just to not make it mad at them

tfw all kebab shops in my vicinity are run by mudslimes

Also, there is enough native cuisine around in your country, try to explore your own cultural heritage before you go looking for exotic foods.

Attached: 1439851713_doubt.jpg (536x800, 61.87K)

… I live in America. What "native" cuisine?

lmgtfy.com/?q=local american food

Hamburgers come from Germany
Waffles come from Belgium
Fried Chicken comes from Scottland
Fries come from Belgium
Pizza comes from Italy

So on and so forth. So I don't know what you mean by "native" American food.

Exploring a cultural heritage of food is a worthless endeavor. Halal food isn't a sin, nor is any other thing tbh. Eat an octopus if you want to get freaky, have fun christanons

hamburg steak is from germany, the hamburger as a working mans sandwich is american. even in belgium there is more than 1 style of waffle, does that mean that regional varieties and preparations dont exist? hot oil fried meat coated in flour is much older than that. same with italy there are several regional versions of pizza. if you are taking that pedantic of an approach then you are thinking far too small.

its never a worthless endeavor to explore your cultural heritage, that is unless you are some sort of deracinated golem.

So, eat a whole bunch of burgers, shakes and fries? Can do!

I tried to enjoy some fried chicken and waffles once and my friend asked me why I was eating "tigger food". Just can't win in America. May as well be vegan and drink soy milk all day.

On yelp it's usually the traditional American restaurants that have most reviews but most of the rest are foreign cuisine.

I don't really consider kebab to be a foreign food. It's meat and veg on a stick. Literally every culture since the invention of the pointed stick has done that.

Even though it may be largely localized its current iteration is the product of foreign influence, just through the name alone.

I eat benis a lot.

Attached: suk2.jpeg (380x350, 28.38K)

The Christian God is Yahweh you dumb poltard LARPer.

Just stumbled across this thread fellas and I have a small confession, for some unknown reason I remembered the passage as ALLOWING us to even eat food sacrificed to idols, under the reason that everything belongs to God anyway, and idols are just nothing.

And like, 2 days ago I bought a Darth Vader water bottle, somehow thought about this passage and wondered of Darth Vader could be a modern kind of idol, then thought to myself that the water is God's anyway, regardless how they bottled it.

So yeah, idk. Darth Vader water may not be a sin, but what do u guys think about this whole thing?