Methodism - UMCnext

I honestly don't know how to react. Homosexuality was shut down earlier this year at the impromptu general conference that these heretics pushed, wasting untold sums of money that could have been put to better use. Now they've decided to have a secret meeting where the identities of people attending are kept secret (unless they're dumb enough to post on Twitter) and none of the meeting is live streamed or recorded since this meeting hasn't been sanctioned by the church.

These people are rejecting the word of God and the law of man that they swore to abide by. Our bishops are too spineless to actual follow the Book of Discipline. My local church's admin council has begun putting together an exit strategy if these heretics manage to push homosexuality through.

I don't even know what I want to do. I just wish these people would leave and make their own church without trying to corrupt the church that my family has followed for centuries.

Attached: IMG_20190521_202021.jpg (2048x1536 466.97 KB, 357.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifesitenews.com/contact
churchmilitant.com/contact
newwaysministry.org/2018/10/18/fr-james-martin-to-youth-synod-use-lgbt-language-affirm-lesbian-gay-couples-as-family/
newsweek.com/what-did-vatican-really-say-about-gay-marriage-yesterday-catholics-disagree-277360
archive.fo/jSLpv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did you expect from Protestants? That's exactly how Protestantism started. Like, it was OK for the Catholic Church to rebel against the Orthodox Church, and it was OK for the Church of England to rebel against the Catholic Church, and it was OK for the Methodists to rebel against the Church of England, but it's not OK for this group to rebel against the Methodists?

Attached: images (1).jpg (230x219, 6.75K)

Instead of telling you to run away and convert to Catholicism, I want you to send those pictures and info to Christian websites/publications like Lifesitenews so that proper can be aware of the actions of these reprobates. These people cannot be convinced, they must be collectively intimidated. Send a tip to thsee sites:
lifesitenews.com/contact
churchmilitant.com/contact
Love isn't about accepting sin, it's about putting everyone in the proper path to God's kingdom. These evil people are leading others astray with the awareness that it leads into child drag queens and infanticide.
*then convert to Catholocism afterwards**

Seriously just become baptist

Attached: 8E9DC77B-4445-49D4-BD46-FF89F10123B8.png (400x763, 275.39K)

I used to really wonder about the later chapters of Revelations - how could people, after Christ's triumphant return, the beast getting tossed into the lake of fire and the millennial kingdom, be stupid enough to actually follow Satan after the thousand years?
But I've come to realise there's no shortage of people who would tell God He's wrong to His face.

wait a second the pope edits gay magazines?

Liar. Read the catechism of the Catholic Church and not FakeNews like the (((New York Times))).

I hate to break it to you, but it was always destined to go this way. At first glance, Wesley's "holiness" teachings seemed noble, but it's inherently subjective and individualistic. Individualism will inevitably make room for faggotry without fail.

Ever heard the saying that actions speak louder than words?

You're the one who decided to be Methodist and you're surprised when their teaching is heretical.

Guss what, heretic, the actions of a minority of people doesn't represent the majority or the values of the institution. If we were to take your fallacy to it's logical conclusion, than Christianity would be false ever since Israelites started to disobey all the way back in the OT.

To put it in a way your little heretic mind will understand:
Just because a few white people are terrorists doesn't mean all white people are terrorists or support terrorism. Just because a few Christians decide to disobey doesn't mean the entire institution is false. I'll pray for you. You're going to need it.

If you're saved you don't need an interpreter for God's word, He speaks to His children. Unsaved people sprout heresies because they don't have faith in the God of the Bible and instead build up an idol in their minds and create a god in their image. That is the reason for so many heretical sects, people being too proud to humble themselves before Jesus.

Never gets old. I wish them well though, maybe if they keep pushing in this direction the errors of their way will become clear to them.

It's quite literally the majority, and this poll was from five years ago.
Ever notice how Catholics are by far the most puffed up, prideful, mean, uncharitable people on Zig Forums? Really makes you think.

Attached: FT_14.10.16_SSMopinionAge.png (310x686, 16.29K)

Some people in Catholocism do support homosexuality, but we don't permit it to have a platform in our faith like other denominations easily do. As in, the Vatican doesn't go out of our way to host gay marriage or have state-enforced homosexuality.

newwaysministry.org/2018/10/18/fr-james-martin-to-youth-synod-use-lgbt-language-affirm-lesbian-gay-couples-as-family/
Come on man. Open your eyes. Imagine if the Pope had someone at this Synod arguing the same things about pedophiles or people who practice bestiality.
newsweek.com/what-did-vatican-really-say-about-gay-marriage-yesterday-catholics-disagree-277360
So they went from "inherent moral evil" to this in 2014. What will we get in 2023? It's pretty clear that the Catholic Church is "evolving" on this issue as much as much as or more than any liberal Protestant group.

You're right, but you still need a denomination. Otherwise, it's easy to reshape doctrine without guidance.

We've dealt with the issue before and it caused the ban in the first place. Look up the history of our earliest Popes. They might say nice rhetoric about it, but it warrants excommunication if they try to defy the doctrine. This is currently occurring now:
archive.fo/jSLpv

Man that's crazy, thank you for sharing that letter. Will Pope Francis respond?

Attached: popefrancis.jpg (750x422, 21.3K)

We have denominations, ruled by elders ordained in accordance with scripture. No need for Antichristian offices like priests and popes

"You Will Know Them by Their Fruits"

Seems like we know where ol' Bergoglio here stands.

Attached: 74874636.jpg (261x193, 5.85K)

I agree, you need to be part of a church (a gathering of believers) that correctly interprets the Bible.

Can Catholics stay in their containment threads, please? The amount of inane Catholic sperging here is off the charts.

Anyway OP, what did you expect would happen? The UMC is under full assault by the globohomo people. You either expel them, or forcibly remove yourselves (like the LCMS and Continuing Anglicans did) or get taken over and wither away and die, like the Episcopalians and the PCUSA.

You MUST understand, these people are not interested in joining your church. They are interested in taking over and changing your doctrine. They want to force changes to attack your church and your culture.

This is war, winnie the poohers. Realize that already. It's been going on for more than a century now. They started attacking the major Protestant churches (Fundamentalist-Modernist controversy) and the Catholic church (Bella Dodd and Friends) in the 30's. You are seeing the fruits of that now, a Catholic church rampant with buttsex and pedophilia and Priests sheltering illegal invaders, and Protestants being stripped of their non-"affirming" parishes and withering up and dying.

You either kick these hostile winnie the poohers out, or you will lose. Your call.

I expected that these people wouldn't be refusing to send aid to churches in Africa suffering from different issues just because the Africans oppose homosexuality.

If the UMC falls the main thing preventing me from converting to Eastern Orthodoxy would be my disbelief in the intercession of saints.

Can heretics stay in their heretic boards please? The amount of inane protestant sperging is off the charts.

This shit is coming in Orthodoxy as well. Its starting with the GOA but spreading to other Ortho churches too. Jay Dyer points out a lot of it (and pisses people off), but his twitter account/following won't be enough to stem the tide.
Each church will be forced to either stand up to this shit or fall. There is no escape, you can't run from this to a different denomination. You must fight it, and win. Fail at either and you die.

non-meme replies only, please.

It's not the same at all. And Jay is overly dramatic about queers at Fordham University who write about Orthodoxy and barely represent anyone. Either that or he makes a big deal about an occasional masonic member. When those are low level guys who don't engage in any of the weirder stuff. It's basically just an employment networking group on that level, which especially had some appeal for immigrant communities who didn't want to feel left out when they moved to America. It's a mistake to join them, of course, but Jay is too focused on the higher level stuff.. and then projects that on to some geriatric shriners, like they're all Luciferians or something. I appreciate some of the things he points out about the "cabal", but he's still a kook when it comes down to it.

The Orthodox church is virtually written in stone in more ways than Protestants could even dream of having. They don't lose their minds over hundreds of bible translations, for example. They only have one authoritative one, and it's the very one quoted in the NT (along with the Greek NT itself). Not even Catholics have managed to keep their old tradition of Latin without ruining it - the Vatican now just uses the "Nova Vulgata" which is based on all of the same false critical texts as a modern NIV. It's not Jerome's Vulgate. But the Septuagint and Greek NT can never be assailed like this, no matter how hard anyone tries. The LXX is basically treated as a SOURCE text, and the NT IS the source text.

On the same note, the academic trend of "innovation" and researchers trying to outdo each other with "new theories" simply doesn't exist in the Orthodox world. There will never be any new interpretations or "insights" or new models of belief, like what often happens in the Protestant and Catholic world (and also happens in the secular world, like in all the sciences and social sciences). Just glance at Amazon or another bookstore and you're flooded with every theologian and knucklehead giving their own spin on Christianity and pitching something new. Then look at the Orthodox section - it's all books celebrating patristics, prayer, and tradition. Innovation is how the faggotry really starts - by convincing people that it's backed by new scholarly "insights" first.

Third, Orthodox pride themselves on being the Church of the 7 Ecumenical Councils. That title is practically synonymous with "Orthodox". The only way it would possibly change and make more Councils is if Rome is ever brought into the fold again and the schism finally ends. But that's likely not going to happen either. And if it did, it'd only be on Orthodox terms and a good thing. And just the workload and logistics of this even happening is absolutely COLOSSAL and done on a global scale. While changes that happen in the Methodist church, for example, are done in little councils with a few hundred at best, and which no one cares about outside themselves.

Finally, Orthodox celebrate liturgies and other traditions that are over a thousand years old. They are not susceptible to trends and innovation. If you can point to some newfangled Divine Liturgy of the Clown World, I'll apologize.. but it hasn't happened. They are the equivalent to what Jesus said of John the Baptist:

"And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, “What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?"

Indeed, the Orthodox are not shaken by the wind. It's stubborn enough to gladly be beheaded like John (and has been) than letting any of this other stuff changing anything.

Orthos rebelled against the Catholic Church. The proof is that everyone still calls us the Catholic church.

It should be very clear to you that the Methodist church is not the church of God, it's a heretical church. That's good to know! Now you just have to find a church that doesn't compromise on sodomy. Not many churches are left.

You guys allow remarriage and birth control, making you beyond pozzed. Birth control is what has created this clown world. Also first of all the LXX is not the source text, and do you have the Hebrew version of Matthew? We aren't Mohammedans worshipping text. Secondly we (I know you don't believe) say that the old vulgate is infallibly free from error in faith and morals. That's good enough for me. There still is no definitive Greek NT. Is the longer ending of Mark in the original Greek NT? Pericope adulterae? And so on.

I've come to realize Birth Control is probably one of the biggest factors that has created this whole clown world, and the fact that your priests actually compromise on it shows how terrible it is. We may have a homo mafia, but they haven't been able to get anything done in terms of changing any doctrine. This is of course not speaking of all the numerous heresies like denying purgatory, denying the immaculate conception, etc.

What is religious liberty? What is the death penalty?

And is doctrine what your ecclesiastics actually teach and what your laymen actually practice, or is doctrine what is written down in some official book somewhere that everyone ignores? Because according to the first definition, the modern Catholic Church is basically a new religion (which is why the term "Conciliar Church" came into use).

that's a scary idea

You cannot read anything new in a way that contradicts previous readings. Death penalty is not anywhere near infallible, and since I don't want to go too deep into V2, religious liberty is only for non Catholic countries. A Catholic country never has to have religious liberty. And these are absolutely nothing compared to divorce and birth control, which is the worst garbage ever.

Doctrine is what Holy Mother Church teaches, not what a fallible priest teaches. Did the church change her doctrine when majority of Bishops were Arians? No. So it doesn't matter if majority of Bishops today even claim that you can sodomize people, because the church cannot and will not ever teach that.

Birth control is completely immoral and so is divorce and remarriage. I'm talking about the most practical heresies that you guys push. Not to mention the numerous theological heresies like denying the immaculate conception, purgatory and so on.

I mean you join a church where you can use birth control? That's not a church that's just harlotry.