How does one know if they're right for seminary?

I'd like to join a traditional society, like the ICKSP, FSSP, IBP. I've only been a Catholic for two years, but I can feel a calling to this life - should I become a brother first? Has anyone here gone to seminary?

Attached: catherine.jpg (620x350, 75.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifesitenews.com/news/vaticans-four-year-probe-of-faithful-franciscans-of-the-immaculate-could-en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Talk with your priest, he will give you a more proper discernment plan. If you're serious about this that should be the obvious first step, followed by regular and frequent attendance. I'd wait at least 4-5 years first, where you regularly participate.

Why specifically those and not, say, the Franciscans or the Jesuits? How much do you really know about the various Religious Orders? Are you just choosing the meme ones that you've heard about on here?

I've fallen in love with the traditional mass, and I'd like to celebrate it exclusively.

Any religious organization in communion with Rome is required to offer the Latin Mass if the parish wants it. Buying into "muh V2" memes will destroy your journey and your faith.

Don't listen to that guy trying to sway you towards his favorite orders OP, go for whatever order you feel God is calling you to.

Have you never gone to an EF mass? There's no comparison between a diocesan Tridentine and something like an FSSP Tridentine. The diocesan mass will always be improvised because anyone with a brain would instead go to the FSSP or SSPX if there was one in their area. Additionally, that's rolling the dice on getting placed in a somewhat traditional parish. Even if they did offer a Tridentine Mass instead of clown masses (or even including clown masses) he would have to perform the liturgical abortion that is the Novus Ordo. The people who claim the EF isn't superior to the OF are so full of shit, they simply can't see the forest for the trees. Do as you wish, OP. The FSSP is a fine order to join and one of the few that isn't pozzed, but if you're not opposed to the SSPX I would do that instead because they have vastly more infrastructure in the US.

I have considered the SSPX as well (they are also the cheapest option), but I wanted to avoid putting it in the OP… when you do that the thread invariably turns into polemics over whether they're in "schism".

Attached: PiusXAug201914.jpg (1281x1569, 152.38K)

Just talk to a priest and ask him for advice. In my experience the priests in FSSP parishes are super nice, I became fairly good friends with a priest in AZ before he was transferred somewhere else. Just please don't join the sedes or something

So, this isn't about your commitment to Rome but rather about your feely-feels. You may as well just go to a ULC website and get ordained.

You're clearly picking a fight… please don't ruin the thread.

If you told your Bishop you had considered SSPX, I doubt he would want you to be priest.

Laudetur Jesus Christus, Brother.

Obligatory shilling of the Franciscian Friars of the Immaculate.
They are an aknowledged order of traditionalist friars that is relatively new and which is aknowledged by ROme.
Their Charism is traditionalism and active evangelization by means of missions abroad aswell as mass media in the tradition of st maximilian kolbe (read about this saint, he is the most based trad saint), making them extremely powerful.

They got into a load of trouble with the vatican during pope francis pontificate for including the TLM into their statutes after sommerum pontificum, basically getting halfway dismantled by a modernist vatican comissioner who unironically died of a stroke in 2014. But getting a troublesome start is the mark of any holy order, trial by fire basically.

Good thing about them is, you can be a friar and dont have to be a priest seminarian to join, as they are an institute of consecrated life and not a priestly fraternity like the fssp. Why is this a good thing ? Well counter question, why do you think you are worthy to be a priest, when st francis of assisi didnt think he was worthy, no one has it easier going to hell than a priest as he is accountable for all of his sheep, remember that. If you want to be a priest, make sure its out of obedience to your superior and not out of a fancy for the office.

lifesitenews.com/news/vaticans-four-year-probe-of-faithful-franciscans-of-the-immaculate-could-en

Attached: Kolbe-1.png (1078x516, 686.63K)

people like you are the bane of us traditionalists. Unless you act holy you will not be Gods tool to a holy cause. Trads throwing around insults and showing their juvenile attitude online makes my stomache turn, this is actually the sin of scandal if you don't know.
You speak of the most holy sacrafice and of feces in the same sentence. The only reason God hasnt liberated us of our chastisements yet is because people like you aswell as the sspx cant adhere to virtue.

Attached: 99848adb19b58a4766a221a5b159d3f86b6d78aaa7686844b2492ae20795d892.jpg (673x606, 114.01K)

Based

This unironically. but I understand op is hurt by the modern world and rationally chooses to reject it by following past traditions at any cost. However we should always act in accordance with the diocese. If the bishop allows novus ordo its for a good reason. The bishop is responsible for the spiritual wellbeing of all people in the diocese, and would not lead people to false or invalid practices.

www.divinumofficium.com

Start to pray the trident 1570 divine office everyday, beginning with Matutinum, Lauds, prime and vespers as most important hours. Buy a pre 1955 liber usualis and sing mass everyday. The world needs more singing priests not mumbling garbling priests.

You won't know if you have a vocation until the bishop literally calls you to be ordained (vocare).

That's not true at all. Many if not most bishops just want do their own religion and not follow tradition.

The worst chastisement God can inflict upon the faithful is wicked shepherds. Surely we are being chastised yet we refuse to acknowledge our sin

Are you for real? Have you *seen* what's happening in the church? In the world? Error and heresy runs rampant. Open your eyes!

Attached: 1413150480886-3.gif (255x221, 2.23M)

My only problem with TLM only "tradcaths" is they often come off as larpers who only care about being in some special club. It's like being catholic isn't enough for them, they have to be TRAD.

Not in my diocese

Being incapable of being bullied and having strong faith is a must for seminary. You'll end up encountering the biggest doubters of the Church within those walls. Moreso than any outright secular or atheistic source.

Pray.

Not everyone is apt for a monastic life. Don't do it for muh traditialism or muh simple life. Do it because you love God, because you want to devote you life to Christ. If anything, I would recommend searching for lay group just in case.