Can I pray?

Sorry if the question is dumb.

I'm from a muslim family (I'm a turk). So my family wants that I also be a muslim. They don't know that I don't believe in Islam. And they of course don't know that I believe in Christianity. They won't hurt me if I would convert (they aren't ultra strict arabs). But they would be sad and disappointed. They think that Islam is the right religion and think that I would burn in hell if I wouldn't be a muslim. That's why I'm going to convert when I move out.

That means I'm not baptized or anything else. So I wanted to ask, if I could pray to god when I'm not baptized.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 0E46D8F2-EA76-46B6-A105-631720246B89.png (667x684, 53.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

peacewithgod.net/mobile/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6zzsPe84gIVkrfACh36qAp8EAAYASAAEgL14vD_BwE
orthodoxcityhermit.com/tag/the-monastery-of-st-george-koudounas/
aksam.com.tr/ekonomi/ramazan-bayraminda-turizm-patlamasi-yasandi-sumela-manastiri-yeni-ziyaretcilerini-agirladi/haber-979253
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello and Welcome Muslimanon.
I believe that you have a serious journey ahead of you. You've chosen the right path, but it won't be easy (see pic related).
As for prayer, it one of the foundations. So yes, to answer your question, you can pray, I'd that it's even needed. Pray to God through Jesus for the Theological virtues: Faith, Love and Hope. He will be glad to give it to you.

John 16:26-28 (DRA)

²⁶In that day you shall ask in my name; and I say not to you, that I will ask the Father for you:

²⁷For the Father himself loveth you, because you have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

²⁸I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again I leave the world, and I go to the Father.

God Bless you on your Journey! Jesus strenghten you in your path! And Our Blessed Lady and all the saints pray for you!

Attached: 677b95513bf7bc142749b5b0f4243ebdd85bd24048a99ca889be2b1073d0ca60.jpeg (500x662, 73.12K)

Thank you for the answer

Absolutely! You need prayer more than us cradle christians that are baptised. I'll be praying the rosary for you, pilgrim. Godspeed on your journey and I hope your parents don't hate you for leaving their idolatry behind.

Attached: mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 73.51K)

Also I reccomend you, when you'll "progress" further in your conversion journey; Go to Church immediately. Not just for Mass, but also for an "Initiation" course. Catholics I'm Catholic have RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, Orthodox have Catechumenate. I don't know about the other denominations.
I will pray for you today Muslimanon.
God bless you!

Thanks you

Thank you

Yes you certainly can. Since you have a plan to be baptized at the first time possible, you already have a baptism in spirit, so God sees you as though you are a baptized Christian

OP, I imagine you've read the Bible. If not, read "Acts of the Apostles". There's a lot of talk there about whether non-jews can become Christian. You'll probably be able to relate to those stories; as someone that comes from an atheist/agnostic background, I know I did. It's hard to be Christian in faith when it goes against the identity of the group you're inserted in. So do not worry, our Turkish Cornelius the Centurion: if you pray with an honest heart, God will listen.

Attached: Baptism_of_cornelius.jpg (394x622, 48.65K)

Yes you can. I’d pray to Him so you can convert now, just in secret. Link related:
peacewithgod.net/mobile/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-6zzsPe84gIVkrfACh36qAp8EAAYASAAEgL14vD_BwE

Yes, absolutely. There are many verses that even suggest prayer is a God initiated activity, not the will of man.

We actually get threads like this surprisingly often. If you're not in danger of physical harm you should really try to be baptized as soon as possible. If the worst happened, and you were to die before committing to baptism, that would be really bad.

But yes, you can and should pray.

Thank you

Thanks

Try to get baptized when you can. We are all rooting for you. God love you.

God Hears even the Prayers of Sinners.
But a person might say, I am a sinner, and God does not hear sinners, as we read in St. John s Gospel: God doth not hear sinners. 1 I answer, that these words were not spoken by our Lord, but by the man who had been born blind. And the proposition, if taken absolutely, is false; there is only one case in which it is true, as St. Thomas says, and that is when sinners pray as sinners; 3 that is, ask something that they require to assist them in their sin; as, for instance, if a man asked God to help him to take vengeance of his enemy; in such cases God certainly will not hear. But when a man prays and asks for those things that are requisite for his salvation, what matters it whether he is a sinner or not ? Suppose he were the greatest criminal in the world, let him only pray, he will surely obtain all that he asks. The promise is general for all men; every one that seeks obtains: Every one that asketh receiveth? " It is not necessary," says St. Thomas, " that the man who prays should merit the grace for which he asks." " By prayer we obtain even those things which we do not deserve." In order to receive, it is enough to pray. The reason is (in the words of the same holy Doctor)," merit is grounded on justice, but the power of prayer is grounded on grace." 5 The power of prayer to obtain what we ask does not depend on the merit of the person who prays, but on the mercy and faithfulness of God, who has gratuitously, and of his own mere goodness, promised to hear the man who prays to him. When we pray, it is not necessary that we should be friends of God in order to obtain grace; indeed, the act of prayer, as St. Thomas says, makes us his friends: "Prayer itself makes us of the family of God." And that which we cannot obtain through friendship, we may (as St. Chrysostom in a similar way affirms) obtain by prayer: " That which friendship could not accomplish, has been accomplished by prayer." And Jesus Christ, to give us more encouragement to pray, and to assure us of obtaining grace when we pray, has made us that great and special promise: Amen, amen, I say to you, if you ask the Father anything in My name, He will give it you. 3 As though he had said, Come, sinners, you have no merits of your own for which My Father should listen to you. But this is what you must do; when you want grace, ask for it in My name, and through My merits, and I promise you (" Amen, amen, I say to you," amounts to a kind of oath) you may depend on it, that whatever you ask, you shall obtain from My Father: Whatever you shall ask, He will give it you. Oh, what a sweet consolation for a poor sin ner, to know that his sins are no hindrance to his ob taining every grace he asks for, since Jesus Christ has promised that whatever we ask of God, through his merits, he will grant it all !

Turks already pray in Orthodox churches while being muslims idk why you do that

Attached: 1536838227802.png (817x656, 127.04K)

It's called conquest. Those churches were christian, but are not any more.

Bamp

If you are seeing this pilgrim OP
I hope all is well on your journey.

Frog posting is a mortal sin.

Repent

Attached: 85yksqqqtk031.png (684x940, 32.48K)

Speaking with authority about stuff you have absolutely no clue about shows low IQ, also called stupidity.

orthodoxcityhermit.com/tag/the-monastery-of-st-george-koudounas/
aksam.com.tr/ekonomi/ramazan-bayraminda-turizm-patlamasi-yasandi-sumela-manastiri-yeni-ziyaretcilerini-agirladi/haber-979253

Of course you can but please be ready for the future hardships.

Go ahead nobody's gonna stop you, religion isn't a cult

Attached: Ddddaser.png (196x326, 21.78K)