Fiction/pop culture that led you back to Christ

This might sound silly but is there anything non-religous that brought you back to Christ?
For me it was Solair. Even though he isn't Christian and there's a very high chance that he falls later in-game, there's just something about him that inspired me. His way of being a guiding light in the darkness that surrounds him. It showed me a small taste of how beautiful faith can be.

Did you ever experience something like this? Please note, this is not a rec thread on Christian fiction like Lewis or Tolkien. Just a personal thing that brought you close(r) to faith.

Attached: solaire-of-astora-large.jpg (600x338, 91.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digimon.fandom.com/wiki/God
digimon.fandom.com/wiki/King_Drasil
digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Ocean
8ch.net/v/res/16522268.html
pastebin.com/M6sPz8GJ
8ch.net/christiananime/res/73.html#q73
8ch.net/christian/res/774324.html#774324
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lierally was playing a human holy paladin in WoW. I used to hate paladins, goodness and God. But playing that character made me realize that I was foolish. Even in its simplicity and foolishness the idea that one can serve higher ideals and achieve something noble through the help of a higher power made me cry. So I left my edgy satanic selfisness behind.
In the same game I realized that there are always people out there spinning a narrative of relativization. The Scarlet Crusade literally was a righteous organization trying to beat back unholy monsters from their own homeland and yet they are portrayed as the "Good is actually evil" faction.

Another game that made me like christendom was crusader kings 2 , crushing muslims in crusades and protecting Mother Europe.
Turn on music for best feels.

pic attached

Attached: 0679643338.jpg (264x400, 16.3K)

Dark souls had anti-depression themes

Watching this every day as a child

Attached: IMG_5442.JPG (2000x3000, 1.61M)

Deus Vult meme and Zig Forums. No kidding. I sought out God, the higher power, to punish and condemn the fake (((Jews))) to burn in hell for eternity for all their devilry on this earth. Now that the dust has settled, I do not want them in hell any more, I want them to repent and repent hard because all those sins will weight upon them harshly especially on this earth and in this life; I would not wish hell on anybody anymore, even my worst enemy.

Yeah this too. there was alway something about this knightly valor that I loved but was almost scared to admit.

Attached: The Impossible Dream (The Quest).webm (480x360, 4.42M)

True, the Scarlet Crusade did nothing wrong. They were always my favorites in wow.
Also I had something similar like you described. Only in Eu4 and playing gregorian chants in the background, while fighting kebab.

Can't get this second webm to upload. Have a youtube link instead.

Kinda similar but I think the paladin character in Diablo II was a slight influence. I was always kinda drawn to that idea of a righteous knight, even when I had begun to drift away from my faith. Also a little bit of this helped, but I've gotten away from Zig Forums for a while now and only care about a small segment of politics at all (libertarianism, which is absolutely in line with Christian faith).

Dark Souls revived my fascination with myths and legends which in turn revived my fascination with history which in turn revived my fascination with Christianity.

Attached: Solaire of astora.gif (352x400, 158.05K)

I read the Exorcist and it made me interested in the church

Attached: 220px-The_Exorcist_1971.jpg (220x312, 14.49K)

I used to be a follower of Gnosticism. Back then, I listened to a band called Current 93 (which leans heavily into Christian mysticism in many of their albums). However, two of their songs began making me question my beliefs and brought me back full circle. Those two songs were Patripassian and Imperium. Patripassian contains the words of Blaise Pascal (I can't recall from which work):

"The rivers of Babylon flow
And fall
And carry away

Jesus is alone on earth
Not merely with no one to feel and share His agony
But with no one even to know of it
Heaven and he are the only ones to know

Jesus is in a garden
Not of delight
Like the first Adam
Who there fell and took with him all mankind
But of agony
Where He has saved Himself and all mankind

He suffers this anguish and abandonment in the horror of the night

Jesus will be in agony until the end of the world
There must be no resting in the meantime"

Imperium was heavily filled with references to Ecclesiastes - especially Ecclesiastes chapter 12. To this day, Ecclesiastes remains my favorite book of the OT

How I was led back to Christ (raised Baptist, but became agnostic in my teens) is sort of a blur, despite the chain of events beginning only a year ago. Despite being agnostic at the time and consuming no Christian media, I felt strongly compelled (a supernatural feeling) to attend church one day, so the following Sunday I…
If anything, fiction and pop culture (along with cringy Evangelical crap like Bibleman) are what kept me away from Christianity until God pulled me back towards it, and for that I am glad. I know in my heart that God has the sacrament of marriage in mind for me, but beyond that… I can't quite tell. Perhaps a revival of the Catholic Church via young traditionalists (if the current trend is anything to go by), although I'm not sure.

They were led by a literal demon though.

The people were righteous but were being lead away by false teachers. Righteousness is something to strive for, it makes sense but the cop out by blizzard to turn them into sooper mean guys probably had nothing to do with it.

Very nice story, thanks for sharing brother

Reactionary memes

It was obviously twisted that way in order to show the "dark side of the light'.
I was cringing so hard about it.

Berserk made me realize how shitty a world without God would be, and how without God there would be literally no point and meaning in anything.
I watched/read it in my late teens, when I wasn't very invested in religion, and thinking on these ideas led me to get invested.

Attached: 1UgniJ7.png (698x725, 305.87K)

Roadside Picnic + Stalker (1979).

Not only the Digimon multiple verses exist. Lovecraftian Digimon exists, Digimon hell, human ghosts, and God all exist within the digital world. It implied God aka the first programmer might be the only being that isn’t a digital lifeform. Human has always been digital based life-form that suppose to obey programming laws of the universe. If the human knows the truth. They were able to break the programming gain super abilities. digimon.fandom.com/wiki/God
digimon.fandom.com/wiki/King_Drasil
digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Ocean

Seconded. It's an astounding sight to see such a beautiful & infectious joyousness among ashes and darkness. Doubly so to see it in a video game. Dark Souls had such an elemental, unburdened way of storytelling. Only one or two other games I know have come close to the level of truthfulness and substance in Dark Souls.

The Legacy of Rome DLC let me live out my dream of reuniting Christendom. Bonus points if after restoring Orthodoxy (thereby making Catholicism a heresy) you secretly convert to Catholicism, spread it through a secret society, go public, and install Catholic bishops in the Patriarchates to swap heresy status with Orthodoxy. Because Catholicism has much better features.

also

Attached: 20190430000604_1.jpg (1920x1080, 709.5K)

I'm pretty sure playing the priest class, my favorite, and helping others for the sole sake of helping them survive even to my own detriment had a part.

Attached: 4a86jwe191m11.png (279x256, 6.72K)

I play Realm too sometimes, and always as the Priest! I like helping and healing others. I've been tempted to buy the Nun skin. I find it frustrating that I die a lot though. The best I got was a 7/8 character though!

Going to bump/lurk this thread, I'd like to have a hobby to take my mind off of intrusive thoughts and fapping, but also one that can help with being faithful rather than dark, negative themes.

Even though videogames have had an influence on my by inspiring me to go learn new things, I dont really play them anymore except a few older games. It seems every year the rot in the industry grows and they dont even care about pretending anymore.

Attached: 3eb237bd51a4142ee370a007dda1a4653fbad57b4b4b9c2238ff1f981edb1a59.jpg (500x500, 59.15K)

One thing that's currently making me want to come back to Christ is surprisingly K-ON.
I've been thinking deeply about what it means to be happy and how I lost all of that childlike wonder in favor of cheap fun like weed and video games.
I guess I want to be a child still. They are, like the girls in K-ON, non-judgmental, accepting, loving, don't assume bad intention, etc. and most of all innocent. Which are Christian values.
The only way of being a child now into adulthood is to be a child of God. I want to come back.

Attached: 007fe9436321ace85df9564902250b26731fb302_hq.jpg (754x817, 43.57K)

How come that only non-Western media these days are capable of making someone THINK about spiritual things and morality?

I wanted to be an adult ever since puberty kicked in (miserable years those were), and moved out of my parents' place the first chance I got. I see what you mean about wanting that feeling of innocence as a child back though… my teen years were very blackpilled, so I don't miss them, but before that was nice. The only happiness I find now is in Christ and daydreaming about what the future might bring:

I call doubt on this…I like anime to a degree, but a lot of anime fans are on the progressive side of modernity, and neo Communist wave too.
Indeed Western media is corrupted and dangerous, but it’s not like Grorious Nippon is a bastion of morality. Please don’t take me as saying anime is bad, just: it’s not as great as many say.
And there are still a few good movies one can watch here and there coming from the West, despite how little is not infected by modernity.

Solaire, it seems that he was an inspiration for many of us, it is not far-fetched to think he was based off the real Crusaders. If you replace the sun concept with Christian mysticism, Solaire is as close as it gets to a Crusader, faithful holy soldier of Our Lord, displaying unbreakable will, unmatched bravery and resolve, even during the darkest of times, he never stopped worshiping his father the sun, from the very moment we meet him, he is lost in thought, contemplating the clouded sky and the little sheds of light coming from the sun gracing his figure, we can appreciate at first glance that even his attire resembles that of the Crusaders, but the parallels go further beyond, when progressing through his questline, he shows the player acts of genuine kindness, helps them without expecting anything in return and provides companionship without ulterior motives (all of which can be described as Christian morals), in contrast with a forsaken and desolated world that is trying to kill you at every moment and around every corner, a humble warrior remains ever faithful to his cause, like a candle in the middle of the vast darkness that surrounds him.
The Chosen Undead, following the lore from the 2nd and specially the 3rd game, emerged triumphant in the end, which heavily implies Solaire's good ending is canon.

It's worth mentioning that there are other similarities between Christian values and Dark Souls, Quelaan, the "Fair Lady" being a very notorious one, doomed to a life of suffering because of the sins committed by her kind, she didn't fall to despair nor take the path of wrath and vengeance her siblings decided to follow, remaining as a motherly figure instead, aiding those who came to stay under her care, visiting her place and making offers to honor and share in her grief.

Good taste. Guts, even though he was a great sinner in the past and not a man of faith, has grown up and developed as a character into a very humble and wise person, enduring through multiple unspeakable horrors and trials, he never succumbed to despair, the struggler continues to struggle.

It's not every day that I come across a thread that includes my favorite game, my favorite manga, and now my favorite anime all in one. K-On is a perfect example of good slice of life and a personal favorite to me like I said above, a show without unnecessary fanservice, and that can be labeled as iyashikei too. There are very few shows as pure and wholesome as K-On (including the 2nd season and the movie, of course). The characters have grown up on me so much after rewatching the series many times that I hold them dear as my daughters, the girls evoke a feeling of fatherly love inside me. It's fair to say that the show helped me through very dark times. I humbly recommend Yuru Camp, Non Non Biyori and GochiUsa, if you haven't watched those yet.

Attached: 1540917467_1515374211_dark_souls___altar_of_sunlight_by_zedotagger-d8zvyoi.gif (480x256, 77.74K)

I was a misanthrope who hated humanity and was quite obsessed with evolutionary psychology. I didn't believe in things like "love" or "friendship" and I expected everyone to betray me in some way. Mostly because of my own self-righteousness and growing up in an abusive home. Then I watched Your name and it made me realize how lonely and depressed I was. It made me start appreciating life and humanity as a whole. I started to believe in love and friendship again and I could finally see eye to eye with God.

Attached: Kimi-no-Na-wa.-Visual (1)

What about Kingdom Come: Deliverance? Some of the storyline or dialogue does involve strong Catholic/Christian elements?

In Kingdom Come: Deliverance you also see the loving or paternal/fatherly relationship between lords and their subjects as once existed under Christendom.

If modern day societies of such existed they would be company towns.

What about the Abyss Watchers and Artorias's heroic missions to wage an endless war against darkness/evil or eradicate it anywhere in the world they find it?

The Abyss Watchers or Artorias made it their entire life mission to eradicate and destroy darkness/evil.

Sacrificing everything in order to defeat evil or darkness, even if they knew there was no winning they still believed it was worth it to keep fighting and fighting.

With the Abyss Watchers if one fell there was another who could replace them and continue fighting darkness. Entire civilizations or kingdoms were wiped out when found to possess darkness or what's metaphorical for evil in order to prevent it from spreading.

I know that might seem kinda of retarded but, I have always been more of a fighting action games kinda of guy and I recently bought DS remastered and i think I kinda winnie the poohed up with the character stats, you see I've never played this rpg type of games where your assign your stats and shit, so how do you guys made your characters builds because I'm kinda of lost on this
pic unrelated.

Attached: c9c1583c3f6fa5839904d00fc8c8c2090fbc00a80b58c4b547f04f91f4591662.jpg (791x861, 241.29K)

Morrowind.
I would always wonder why supernatural stuff didn't happen to me in real life. Playing as the nerevarine in Morrowind and having all the prophecy and magical stuff going on around me, then talking to the NPCs who have no idea about any of this, but deny it made me realize that just because I am not the one experiencing it, does not mean it isn't happening.
Prophecies, magic, demons, ghosts, and the supernatural happen. Just so rarely to me that I don't recognize it. Being in that position in game changed my perspective. Then using that made me study and come to Christ.

Didn't play DS, but I played Skyrim, Oblivion, Mount and Blade, Diablo, soi have some experience regarding stats.
The main thing for me at least is to choose one path of development for the character. Let's say you want to be a paladin: concentrate on melee skills and good spells (like healing) and develop others only of it is necessary. Don't try to excel at everything, because your character will be mediocre with no real strength. Also, concentrate on skills that will be beneficial on the long run. For example, leadership skill in mount and blade may seem to be very important but in reality investing in ot heavily is not worth it since renown will increase he cap of retinue anyway. On the other hand persuasion is necessary for the long run to easily develop ties with the nobles.

I never noticed that parallel between the Neravarine and Christ… Like you said, some characters recognize the prophesy, others dismiss it as "superstitous nonsense", and many aren't even aware of there being a prophesy. Very interesting…

Specializing in one area is indeed the way to go. My first Oblivion and Skyrim characters, which I made when each game first launched, were both Imperials who came to use melee, magic, and stealth, and they led all the guilds. They were mediocre at everything… I had to bring the difficulty way down. Specializing is more fun for role-playing purposes anyway.

The Abyss Watchers and Artoria's lifelong struggles are another brilliant lore element that by all means can be compared to the real Crusaders and their holy duties, it's a very emotional part of both games, specially the bond the Abyss Watchers shared with each other. The cutscene before the second phase was something that brought me to tears, after having to endure slaying those of their kind that succumbed to the abyss, trapped in their own fortress, doomed to fight their hollowed brothers in arms raising from the dead time and time again, only one of the watchers remained sane, and the fallen ones, in their dying breath, concede their blood and strength to their last standing warrior, so he can have a chance against the ashen one. Together as one, they died fighting for the very last time.

Attached: abyss_watchers3.jpg (1920x1080 794.48 KB, 541.17K)

Tbh I'm looking for some games in which I can rp as a holy man effectively.
Skyrim, Witcher and stuff like that don't work because they only have pagan religions in their universe

Souls games revolve around mastering stamina management and knowing when to dodge roll. The character class and build isn't that much of a deal as long as you have the basics covered.

A very basic and effective build for beginners could be a so-called quality one, relying on strength weapons and high vitality, you'd want 30 endurance (stamina), 40 strength, 40 vitality (hp) and the rest depends on your weapon of choice, but in general lines it's basically what I listed above.

It'd be difficult for any dev to make a game based off real life religions without stirring up a lot of controversy. Try playing Cleric in Souls 1 or 3 and see how you feel about it.

Mount&Blade: Warband has no explicit mention of any religion, so you could RP as a sacred man if you wanted. There's mods set in the Middle Ages (Anno Domini 1257) if you wanna go crusading, and M&B: Fire and Sword is set in the Polish Deluge, so there's some kevab removal avaliable (with winged hussars!). The DLC "Viking Conquest" lets you be a Christian ant BTFO the vikings out of England. That DLC allows for full Christian RP and is a nice experience.
So look into Warband and Warband derivatives, Viking Conquest being your best bet for Christian gaming.

Fallout New Vegas can be a really good option. Install enough mods and you may be able to make a Christian New Vegas by being a good person and purging sin.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is also a great option, but that one may be too obvious.

Dragon's Dogma is a great game. There's a "church" in it, but I don't remember mentions to any particular gods. The story, however, does not leave too much room for roleplay, but hey, the gameplay is awesome.
Paradox games are a possibility, though you can only RP as a ruler, so it may be not what you're looking for. Frankly, in almost any strategy game you can try to be a Christian ruler, like playing Civilization and going for a religious victory.

Attached: remove kebab warband.png (2048x1536, 3.49M)

What about Dark Souls?

Oh wait nevermind was tired when I replied

So anyway there was a suggestion thread made for the idea of a realistic medieval game with supernatural elements, we haven't had one since Darklands: 8ch.net/v/res/16522268.html

C

Surprised no one brought up king of the hill yet. It shocking portray hill family christian faith and Hank Hill conservatism in a positive light.

Anyone know if this is the correct translation of the Latin lyrics from the video?

"Tearful day, that day
When from the dust shall rise
Guilty man to be judged.

A trumpet spreading a wondrous sound
Through the graves of all lands
Will compel all before the throne
A trumpet spreading a wondrous sound…

O God of majesty,
Amen."

I actually wrote a lengthy schizo outline about how Dark Souls could be interpreted as a Christian allegory, if anyone's interested. I'm not sure it makes the most sense, since I wrote it all in one go on a red bull haze.

Attached: a59dd2963441cd5c6915ad2f581b41c688f9d5f4e1ef29d6d7c5e2c8ff2e4d16.jpeg (1600x977, 209.32K)

Going to sound ridiculous but the beauty of anime nuns girls. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only orders still getting vocations from real beautiful young women still wear the habit.

Attached: gricigliano nun.JPG (1600x1074, 157.58K)

elaborate

Here's one of the paragraphs I bothered getting down, but the outline is more convoluted:

the true First Sin, comparable to Christian original sin, due to the evil nature of the Dark and of “humanity” (which one should emphasize isn't the state of being human in Dark Souls, but an actual entity/spiritual substance that dwells within us, much like the stain of original sin The Lord Souls, and ordinary souls that humans also bear in addition to their humanity (confirming as well that the Dark Soul – humanity – is not an equivalent to the life-giving soul that the game uses as xp/currency) are issuant from the First Flame, a spontaneous act of creation (either of natural occurrence or of divine origin, outside of lore), and follow the same principles as the First Flame. They draw their power from it. They resemble it. The Lord Soul bearers seek to preserve it (Gwyn and the Witch) The Dark Soul on the other hand is aligned with the Dark, the hypothetical end of the First Fire, and is opposed in function and use to the Lord Souls. It can cohabit with lesser souls, but by its being it is deviant, contradictory. It has the same characteristics as Lucifer: struggles against the entity that created it, seeks to usurp it. This reinforces the Dark being an evil concept. Therefore the discovery of the dark soul by the human progenitor is the Original Sin, the First Sin of Dark Souls.

Attached: Gwyndolin is for loving and protecting _0941055c9331bf018008f128f0839122.jpg (964x1020, 378.46K)

I thought the First Sin was Gwyn's refusal to let the First Flame burn out. This is why Velka's agent, the crow, retrieves the Chosen Undead in order to punish him for his transgression.

Attached: 00c.jpg (1920x2880, 779.98K)

Classic coming out is actually causing me to rethink my selection. Back then I played a horde warlock, but now I feel more like a priest or paladin and Christianity probably has something to do with it

kill the gays

Attached: fag.jpg (960x540, 68.86K)

He's not a trap, he was just abused as a child and represents a mythological trope.

That's the canon according to Aldia, yes. I don't think it necessarily is the only interpretation, but in any case my thing is about allegory rather than canon.

I need to go back through the game and lore and rewrite the article, I'm always frustrated by how all my ideas make perfect sense in my head but I am continuously unable to express them.

(posting the outline here in case it makes more sense to others than to me haha)

pastebin.com/M6sPz8GJ

Attached: e9dx9hb94vv01.jpg (1080x1080, 197.01K)

Hmmm i see. Original sin really could be seen as the dark soul- Because in that day humanity became literallly marked with evil and corrupted with evil, with a tendency to perpetually rebel against it's creator.

When or where is it implied that Gwyndolin was abused as a child? As far as I know, he was raised as a woman, but the reason for that remains unknown. People theorize it was because of his affinity to the moon and that being a feminine trait but I do not know for certain.

Gwyn thought people would thought him and gwyndolin would look weak as a man because of his affinity with the moon ( a feminine trait ) so he hid gwyndolin from the world and made look like an woman.

*people would think him and gwyndolin were weak

Well I mostly kidding, but his androgyny is a result of the whole lunar-female, solar-male dichotomy, and the vague relationship between the gods of Lordran and what they're gods of. Plus a lot of people really think there's an answer for everything in Dark Souls which is smply not the case. A lot of stuff is self-contradictory (maybe on purpose), or just asspulled and retconned (yorshka).

I generally dislike Hugo's politics but he is a great author and clearly animated by a Christian mentality.

Your stats should depend mostly on what weapon you want to use. All weapons have different stat scaling, so you first pick what weapon you want then level up the stats that it has scaling for. Other than that, you'll want 25-40 endurance and vitality

I'm glad fiction has helped some people with their faith, as I've been worrying a lot about pop-culture having subversive themes or just taking up too much of life. I'd like to have some kind of hobby that keeps my from being idle (especially if it helps with my faith) but I don't want to be consumed with secular media, especially if it promotes aything sinful.

Semi-Related:

8ch.net/christiananime/res/73.html#q73

I started watching k-on because of this thread. Thanks anons.

In Dark Souls (1) yours stats mostly just determine what equipment you can use and what spells/miracles you can cast. You actually get bigger stat gains by simply upgrading your equipment so mostly focus on that and once you upgrade that as far as you can, just increase vitality, endurance, the stats that your weapon damage scales with. Also if you use sorceries or miracles upgrade those corresponding stats.
Polite sage for off topic.

gay

Stage adaptation of Les Miserables. The book itself is protosocialist trite, but since most adaptations cut out the massive tirades by Hugo the adaptations are all just about a man seeking redemption through God and service to others.

I was looking into Medieval European history and culture, as well as HEMA stuff at the time. I was always a big history and fantasy nerd though Also, Daredevil comics.

Attached: 51d7G8TU6FL._SL500_.jpg (500x500, 42.52K)

It was Father Anderson from Hellsing utlimate.
Sometimes I cringe about it, but a spade is a spade

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 8.96K)

ayyyyy, current 93 is excellent. I've yet to listen through to the whole of the corpus.

Hey, it got you here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Anyways I forgot to mention Politics… much to my chagrin though I think a lot of us could say the same thing So yeah, I was far right but unlike all the LARPagans, when I heard the whole "Blood and Soil" philosophy, I thought of the Church first rather than viking crap. Especially since I'm primarily Polish and Irish. I hadn't done any research into NatSoc views on Christianity by that point, thankfully And like I said earlier, I was already a nerd for History and Fantasy, and Carolingian, Arthurian, Medieval, and Renaissance legends and folklore all naturally have a ton of christian themes and motifs, so that peeked my curiosity.

In my head, the decline of Europe was akin to the decline of Israel in Judges and the Prophets, though at the same time I mainly saw religion as a political tool. Like "if europe turns to god again, all the Muslims and sodomites will leave" and that was my only real concern. I didn't really have any deeper spirituality. I was a typical Sede-meme (because after all the pope was brown), Deus Vult, wannabe christian.

It wasn't until I read Job that I finally began to see the power and love of God. I was at a low point in my life family members were diagnosed with cancer, I had just started college so I couldn't be by them, and all the tension and crap around the election had me stressed out and the way Job explained the nature of suffering and maintaining faith really spoke to me at that time, and even still to this day. I remember being on the brink of tears by the end, From then on was when I really started to make a concerted effort to become a true christian.

I should also point out that as a comic/manga geek, my first exposure to the bible was the Kingstone Bible, a graphic novel adaptation of the bible. I'm not sure on the accuracy of the translation, and it is only the protestant bible for all the Catholics and Orthos out there, but I would actually still recommend it to anyone into art and/or comics as it doesn't really try to put a denominational spin on it. It's cool to see a visual adaptation of scripture, and I was pleased that it didn't hold back on the darker parts of scripture (ie the war and violence). I of course eventually read a proper rendition of scripture, but it was a fun and fascinating introduction to the faith.

Sorry for the essay, just felt it was a necessary story to tell. Hope somebody finds it relatable.

Attached: 978161328194-2.png (914x804, 1.35M)

cheers brother, With God we'll make it. Now to bed for me

Learning about natural law as a concept in Fascism from Zig Forums led me to Christianity as a whole.
That and I just liked Reverend Alberts from Killing Floor for no apparent reason, even as a fedoralord

hey i thought it would cheer you up so i decided to tell you: I'm the op of this thread: 8ch.net/christian/res/774324.html#774324
Go in and check it out, when i finish everything i'll make another thread

Not fiction or pop culture but I didn't see a more relevant thread in the catalog. I never thought much of Christ at all until I ate Kabenzi mushrooms and went for a long walk one day. I wasn't a diehard atheist beforehand, just always tried to think about other things because thinking about the afterlife always made me uncomfortable. That day I knew without a doubt that he is real. It was probably my single most life changing experience.

Attached: Jesus.jpg (618x741, 75.48K)

Crusader Kings II (just kidding lol)

Half kidding.

Tolkien's biography and The Silmarillion

From what I can tell, user, at least the first verse is correct. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at hearing lyrics, but it should be correct, as it's just a rearrangement of the Lacrimosa (Tearful).

This thing right here, lol.

I come from a Baptist family and went full fedora on them after reading Dawkins. Then I rewatched this, it got me into Exorcisms and Demonology and I became a Catholic when I became convinced that God is real and that the feminists, SJWs, and pizza freaks like Alefantis are demon possessed.

Sadly, my parents want nothing to do with me because I'm no longer Southern Baptist.

Attached: vGptLY52oJp8XNU58G67mX6vmKl.jpg (500x735, 90.17K)

Do your parents have that much contempt for another denomination like Catholicism?

Sorta unrelated, but KCD literally made me shed a tear.
I was screwing around seeing what happens if I get maximum drunk, and Henry woke up in his old house in Skallitz after being unconscious for a while ;_;

Value your parents Christian friends

Attached: 2fb2653027b763621be6f5632ee6db285c1f4c26_2_690x500.jpg (690x500, 206.59K)

I'll just leave this here, although technically not dark souls

Based, that anime nun girl is a classic qt

I wanted to watch this but sadly it doesn't make sense how can a demon be a good demon

Demons in most Japanese media can't shake the Shinto rules where a demon is just a spirit that's kind of a dick. There's basically no real distinction between good and bad spirits aside from saying they're good or bad, same as people. There's always a 'good demon' character rebelling against his species somewhere or other. Devil May Cry is a good example; the protagonist is the half demon half human son of a demon that saved a human civilization and became the center of their religion/culture.

I absolutely love this song

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1017x768, 1.21M)

Attached: yall need odin.jpg (350x435, 36.26K)

Attached: k-on4.png (864x531, 318.95K)

They have this same problem with angels too, there are bad corrupt angels in Disgaea that are worse than some of the demon characters. I tried to watch Gabriel Dropout but it looked like it had this problem, and I also didn't care for demons being depicted as cute girls.

Wish there was good Catholic anime or just more art which was based on Catholic lore. Something like Dante's inferno, something that was actually logically/theologically sound, but also helped you ponder on some of the mysteries of the faith, of which there is so much. It seems like such a shame that there is basically none of this at all out there! :(

I'm an catholic artfag that likes to draw anime, i have a twitter ( @fhundeart) , if you have any ideas i would love to hear them! Been thinking about creating more christian art with the style i love.

Literally just finished K-ON again (including the movie). I'm the guy you replied to.
Finishing it at work is not recommended. I cried a little.
Like I said in my previous post, it makes me really want to be a child again. And strengthens me into wanting to be with God.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. (Mark 10:15)

That's awesome man, it's one of my favorites, but what you have is really something special.

Attached: K-on2.png (1916x1080, 995.21K)

Speaking of anime. Does anyone know of any modern Christian oriented anime recently. If not that, maybe the best up to this point? The newer the better though.

While I'd be more than happy to be the first to say that Japan isn't very pro-Christian in much of their works, but I do feel that we should compile and promote Christian Japanese or Christian friendly Japanese works where we can to further promote future works to go down that path.

(image related sort of but I don't know where it came from, just found it on google search…)

Attached: download (1).jpg (512x288, 55.52K)