Evangelicalism and environmentalism

Why do American evangelical hell-benth on viewing protecting the environment as evil? They do know they rooting for humanity to destroy the earth a gift from God? They are acting no different from Hindus from India.
movieguide.org/reviews/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/01/11/china-renewable-energy-superpower/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petro-Islam),
forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/05/29/renewable-energy-costs-tumble/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The real global pollution is sin.

This is just a result of one of the endless forms of modern idolatry - industrialization, technology, and extreme crony capitalism. I'm of the opinion that God, though He promised never to flood the world again, will likely rain fire upon most of the world… we have learned nothing since we crucified Christ.

Unironically this

I'll always point out that Global Warming is a tax scam, but any measure against environmental protection at all is literally retarded. They seem to be mentally incapable of viewing it in anything but either/or terms.

I'm not exaggerating or just using "retarded" to lay it on thick. I mean it's actual mental retardation. Even most animals don't poo in their own house.

Are Evangelicals even Christians? They seem to worship Christ hating Jews and Israel not god.

As per definition of this board, most are.
As per definition of every denomination about every other denomination, they aren't.
To be frank, they are (myself having a lot of them in my family) peak protestantism in that they are solely responsible for the 30k denominations meme.

Is it a part of Hinduism that India's waters should be polluted?

Anyway, what's the reason evangelicals have for hating environmental protection?

Because evangelicals come from, and are most active in the South, and said South has extraction of oil and other natural resources as a bigger part of the economy.

Never happens in conservative Catholic communities.
You can't be a Catholic and support these. I think eventually the "Paul VI" attitude towards the world will be abandoned and a Pope will start openly rebuking the world (and laypeople) for their clear errors again. Another man like Pius X, in other words.

I'm a Catholic Convert from a Baptist/Evangelical family. Evangelicalism is Christianity for conservative Boomers essentially. I know there are progressive and conservative evangelical churches, but I'm from the conservative ones. (Think Bethel Church in Redding, CA, though I'm not from California). At any rate, the anti-environmentalism I'd say originates as a reaction to fanatical environmentalism from the left, especially in lieu of "muh Climate Change". They fail to realize that there is a real, practical way to care for the environment as a matter of public policy without it involving taxes or hysteria. It has little to do with their faith.

Stop worshipping nature

Bethel church absolutely do not represent Evangelicalism. They are a NAR apostate silly house.

I worship God mate. I care about the environment and natural beauty because it is created in the image of God, and because humanity is appointed to be good stewards of God's creation.

Bethel is the only evangelical church I'm really familiar with, my parents took me there a couple of times growing up. Of course now I only hope they begome

Because for some Christians to immanent day of judgement means that its not really worth focusing on the environment as its role to play is relatively small.

I think a larger part though is the fact that environmentalism is such a big thing amoungst progressives and big government types that there is a reflexive abandonment of it as some pozzed plot.

It is more than one thing, and sadly it probably has more to do with ignorance than any malicious intent. I will say two things that make me suspicious of most environmentalist groups even though I am sympathetic to their beliefs:

1. Government cannot solve these problems for the most part and I think the root cause of our disrespect for God's creation and our community is the kind rampant individualism that liberal democratic government ultimately supports (by splintering families and dividing communities). And believing that government can then solve these problems (rather than just human beings rebuilding their communities with Christ at the centre is a form of idolatry. I mean, why care about trash on a public sidewalk when we can't even have opinions about sodomites and abortion anymore?

2. Environmentalism is always packaged these days with other things that a Christian positively cannot support. I know a number of Christians who vote for green or eco parties because they care about the environment and are ignorant of what else they are being sold. When I bring up to them that these parties support abortion (literally the only political issue that should be on your mind absolutely), they honestly have no idea. On the flipside, older Christians who have been around for a while know that their green political choices are usually going to come pre-packaged with some gay marriage and abortion and degenerate education plans, and they usually overcompensate and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

unbiblical and idolatrous

Not Protestant, but only Humans are created in image of God, not anything else. Where did you get that garbage from?

I've said it before, we need a right-wing green party.
Wouldn't even be hard, if you know how to frame it into a coherent ideology and narrative.

Im so glad the mods are taking care of retards like you…

Yes goy. Let the Jews poison your children.

I think we should care about creation, but not to the point where we persecute our own kind.
We can see it as a call to be guardians and caretakers of it, like in Genesis.
What I don’t like is those who push environmentalism in the West and then close one or even two eyes at what goes on in Asia, especially India, China, Pakistan and Indonesia.

China is cleaning up, too, due to their emerging middle class starting to be more picky about the stuff they breath and drink, despite being the industrial workshop for most of the stuff on the planet.
forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/01/11/china-renewable-energy-superpower/

Besides, as the article says, this would leave the world less dependent on Russian natural gas, and especially Saudi oil.

And given the Saudis are the main culprits of the recent radicalisation of muslims, especially euro immigrants(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petro-Islam), and are actively funding terrorism, but we don't talk about it, since they fuel our gas tanks, it would relegate them back to being the backwater of the Middle East, while forcing the rest of the 2nd and 3rd world to innovate, instead of relying on crushing dictatorships that prop themselves by extracting shit out of the ground and selling it to foreigners.

Done smartly, long-term, it gives us the edge on the world stage.

Thanks, didn’t know about these late developments!
Kinda rude of you to strawman me with
But it’s nice to see they are improving.

I apologize.
I've heard the whole "but China isn't trying, so we are free to do nothing" excuse countless times, so i'm a bit triggered.

Anywa, to add to that, nowadays, the cost of non-fossil fuel energy is now competitive with them, or even cheaper, especially compared to older gen plants.
forbes.com/sites/dominicdudley/2019/05/29/renewable-energy-costs-tumble/

Cheers! I’m glad we got over this petty squabble in a mature way; I just wanted to say that China still has problem, not saying they are idle about them. It was more to point out how so many say it’s all the West’s fault, when we ought to all work on taking care of the creation.

For God has made nothing which is unclean

The issue is that he used the term "in God's Image". Humans are the only of God's Creations to be created in His Image. Otherwise Christ could have come not as a man but as a crocodile and still redeemed it all.

It's not an excuse to reject environmentalism. We are called to be stewards of the garden, to care for all of Creation that God saw as Good. But it is not superior to man. It should reflect poorly on us that we abuse it.