Our church is protected by the one central roman pontiff who is infallible by the holy spirit and protects us from the...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdwYX8MnntA
apnews.com/cf1514e614894d6bb5ed3ef42f382234
practicalapologetics.blogspot.com/2013/07/early-church-fathers-on-purgatory.html?m=1
erickybarra.org/2017/03/14/church-fathers-papal-infallibility/
erickybarra.org/2017/02/20/no-the-eastern-bishops-of-the-acacian-484-519-did-not-reject-the-papalism-of-the-formula-of-hormisdas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sacramentally ordaining women is a theological impossibility.
Contraception is blasphemous.
Marriage is indissoluble.
The Essence/Energy distinction is a man-made doctrine.
Your Saints teach the infallibility of the Roman See.
You have the largest schism since 1054 in your 'Church' right now.
Do you even know about the revelations Our Lady of La Salette, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Good Event gave to us? They said there would be a great apostasy within the Church. We are living in those times. Your insular potato Slav national churches were completely irrelevant, but some former atheists kiddies realized how "based" they are. Being Eastern Orthodox is like being a Kekistani. OrthoLARPs in general aren't really well read in Church history, but when they do learn about Church history, they take it in from extremely biased sources.
And here is a more accurate video:
youtube.com/watch?v=RdwYX8MnntA

Attached: EO_LARP.png (2384x102, 35.02K)

Luther, is that you?

Attached: 0a183d27314fa502f4a6c09f619f897f.jpg (236x147, 8.27K)

How's that Moscow-Constantinople schism going?

Donatist 'logic'

Attached: 1b8.png (404x266, 180.58K)

Isn't Moscow in schism with Constantinople? Lmfao give me a break dude, the Church has seen worse days.

Ahh, I remember the good ol days of two years ago. Thinking I can start an American Iron Guard. LARPing as an Eastern Christian. Fun times. Alas, it was all for naught for I saw the error of my ways. Christ never wanted nationalist churches, for His kingdom is beyond this mortal coil. His kingdom transcends the vain notion of "my country tis of thee" for all are created equal before God. Everything the Father has, so does His Son Jesus Christ.
Come home to Rome, OP. Come home before it is too late and you abandon your EP when he comes home.

Attached: zu51335256_main_tm1506361466.jpg (1000x1201, 1.03M)

That video actually makes me sick. Americans need to be genocided.

This is still a pretty poor comparison, though Dolan is /ourguy/ I've personally been to greater masses than those in the video. Go to mass at the Church of All Saints in Minneapolis, MN for the greatest liturgy you'll find in the Western hemisphere.

All good posts. Also I'm fairly certain all Eastern Orthodoxes are heretics in the sense they all deny Unam Sanctam, none of them believe you must submit to the Roman Bishop for salvation (otherwise they wouldn't be EO). The schismatic label is very outdated and would only apply at the time of the schism.

Attached: dk1vr2kxeu131.jpg (1101x825, 101.73K)

The Catholic Church obviously doesn't believe that since it's set up a commission on ordaining female deacons.
90%+ of Catholics use contraception and many bishops and priests outright reject Humanae Vitae and nothing happens to them. Are you saying the Catholic Church approves of blasphemy?
The Catholic Church grants 50,000 annulments a year in America alone (only 400 a year pre-Vatican II). You just redefine words to allow divorce while still claiming to not allow divorce. It's incredibly pharisaical.
Purgatory is a man-made doctrine.
[citation needed]
The Catholic Church produced Protestantism, a million times worse than a schism over jurisdiction (has happened many times before, never means anything, always resolved by the passage of time).
Why do you even believe that some random people claiming to have seen visions of the Virgin Mary were telling the truth? Or how do you know they weren't being shown visions by demons?
Once again, Catholics demonstrate their extreme lack of charity. You shall know them by their fruits.

The only critique I find disagreeable is that of Orthodox Saints who defend the Papacy. St. Maximos the Confessor, who was tortured by the Eastern Church for his true faith in a time when the Church fell into error over a particular dogma, unrelated AFAIK to his support of the Papacy.

Deus Vult my fellow Catholics, we will go and reconquer Jerusalem!

Funny you say that; "Pope: Commission on female deacons disagrees on ordination"
apnews.com/cf1514e614894d6bb5ed3ef42f382234

What, you want the pope to formally declare 90% of catholics excommunicated?
It's why we got this thing called auto-excommunication.

Annulment is not divorce.
It's a declaration that there was no marriage in the first place, and since you already said that 90% of catholics use contraception they lie at the altar and their marriage vows are null.

It's a very decent, scholastic explanation of what happens to people while still in sin.

We got a lot of saints in common.

That's a heresy, not a schism, and you had enough of those too.

This takes years and years of research from the Vatican before these visions get approved.
It's abut the same like you guys know your visions aren't demonic.

Thanks for the nice answers! One clarification I would add
It's not clear what you mean by "in sin". If you are guilty of a sin, which is usually what people mean by "in sin" or "in a state of sin" then you go to Hell. Purgatory is when you are in a state of grace, but still have temporal punishments for your already forgiven sins. i.e. You did not do enough penance/receive enough indulgences while alive.

I bet that is what you meant but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Attached: 1477646320557.jpg (552x791, 29.55K)

Join Holy Catholic Church and let’s fix it together ;)

That's ironic, you guys are acting like protestants by daying we should schism because some priests and bishops don't follow Catholic doctrine.

"First amongst equals" is clearly a huge cope to anyone who is trying to be honest with themselves. That alone is enough for me to know that their position makes no sense. But when you add that they officially allow birth control it should be as clear as day that Satan is influencing that! Without a doubt contraception is one of the most evil influences in society that has completely destroyed society. The final shot to settle everything is that Paul VI propagated Humanae Vitae. This is the pope that many would say tried to destroy the church, and perhaps so to an extent, but yet he pushed Humanae Vitae which is probably the most important doctrine the church has pushed recently. Despite how bad V2 was, this was truly a gift from God. And Paul VI would have all the reason to delay this or not push it or even say the opposite, it's likely many people in his faction would not want this to go through. Yet it did. Which shows even with gay mafias and many unsavory people, God doesn't allow the doctrine to get well "too bad" let's say (since V2 is still bad… but it didn't get as bad as saying contraception is allowed, which would have been the worst ever).

If the Catholic Church believed that "sacramentally ordaining women is a theological impossibility" then it wouldn't have set up a commission in the first place.
Don't insult anyone's intelligence. It's divorce. The Catholic Church uses it like divorce. The Bible gives only one very specific instance where anything like an "annulment" is permissible, which Jesus also confirms, which is when one party discovers (BEFORE the marriage is consummated) that the other party misrepresented themselves (by not being a virgin despite claiming to be a virgin) and then petitions the elders of the city. Once you consummate the marriage, you're married. You can't get an "annulment" three years later, that's a divorce. Stop being a pharisee.
It's a man-made doctrine made up out of whole cloth. Teaching scholastic theories as dogmas is ridiculous.
The citation needed is for the claim that Orthodox saints teach the Vatican I dogma of papal infallibility.
Yes, like I said, infinitely worse than a frankly insignificant schism over jurisdiction.
This doesn't answer the question.
The Orthodox Church understands prelest and the fact that visions and emotions aren't to be trusted.

You should know the subversion of the Catholic Church means that modernists will do anything to erode dogmas. But just because a subversive priest is handing out condoms or supporting queers, that does not stop making the Council of Trent infallible. Annulments don't fool God, these liars and the priests handing them out like candy will answer for it. On the other hand, if you go to an actually orthodox Catholic parish, the priest is not going allow annulment abuse.
Why do Cyprian, Ambrose, Hippolytus, Tertullian, and Augustine teach it?
practicalapologetics.blogspot.com/2013/07/early-church-fathers-on-purgatory.html?m=1
(This is not comprehensive but it's absurd to say that scholastics/Augustine penned the doctrine of purgatory because muh legalism)
erickybarra.org/2017/03/14/church-fathers-papal-infallibility/
erickybarra.org/2017/02/20/no-the-eastern-bishops-of-the-acacian-484-519-did-not-reject-the-papalism-of-the-formula-of-hormisdas/
(I'm aware he's a meme, but he's not on Jay Dyer levels).

Attached: ortho bike.jpg (677x921, 176.28K)

What made it uncharitable were the slurs and insults.
Like this one. Thank-you for proving my point.

I'm not reading dozens of pages of blogpost links. Explain it in your own words. Just the very first quote in your erickybarra link says nothing even remotely similar to papal infallibility.

It doesn't mean that if something is too difficult to understand, that it's necessarily wrong.

So essence/energies distinction is too?

Now you're moving goalposts, we were talking about the papacy.
Papal infallibility is a hot mess as it is and we were not discussing that.

You guys have had your share of heresies too, they just weren't protected by German princes.
That aside, people are literally avoiding the sacraments from perfectly valid priests because of this "insignificant schism".

It actually does, it undergoes a throughout examination from the Vatican, taking years to complete.
Like I said orthodox visions get also examined, where is your proof these aren't demonic?

Exactly like we do, and that's why a bishop first has to call the Vatican about this which will then start an investigation spanning years.

This guy won't be warned for this atrocious behaviour, but non-catholic making slightest joke will be issued permanent ban. Thank you, based mods, for patronising such """people""", just because they pick boot of Vatican.

But there are certainly cases where no matter how big and official a ceremony is made, there still is and can't be in principle no marriage, no matter whether it was consummated and how much time passed since they "married" - one obvious example would be two closely related people, like father and daughter, trying to get married.

And if there is no marriage, why should such people pretend to be married and be forced to fulfill marriage-related obligations, or allowed to enjoy the benefita of marriage (e.g. sex, which is forbidden to them, since they never actually married.)

Even if you disagree about the particular cases where marriage is impossible, these cases obviously exist and something must be done about people who despite being in such a case still performed a "marriage" ceremony.

Attached: 1477782798945.jpg (656x465, 48.55K)

I wish this board wasn't so bad. It's the only decent Christian forum I can find and it still sucks.