Monastic Soldiers for the Church?

Essentially they would be religious orders of monks/brothers that are also PMCs/Classed as Armed Guards which train to serve in provision of security services to the Church, and defending it in armed conflicts if existing.

Would it be possible to form any today and if so then how and what could they be used for?

How interesting would it be to be able to become a Monastic Soldier who serves as the Catholic Church's armed military?

Attached: 150px-Insignia_Germany_Order_Teutonic.svg.png (150x173, 2.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

militiatempli.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

One could create a private security company that hires exclusively christians. Making it successful would be a challenge as security is a pretty crowded ocean already, though with the rise of anti-christian terror in Europe I can see it being utilized but not to the extent you are imagining.

Wait I have an idea, infact an order of monks who do military stuff or act as its armed reserve (If not allowed to operate yet) for when it needs to defend itself/property/people could actually be a big hit for young men or older boys today in the Church.

Most young men and older boys nowadays are not attracted to monastic life because of its static nature, but one which is of a military nature. Oh boy some could REALLY get interested.

Imagine a sort of 'boot camp' or an environment with military training (That any PMCs have) but combined with all the typical duties of monk orders we know and prayer/honoring of God.

Perhaps Catholics who once served as trainers in the army (Or bootcamps and scouts activities) could also get involved in training the monk soldiers of the religious order or supervising it.

I can definitely see the appeal of a monk soldier/cadet order to young men. Infact I've wanted to be one my entire life.

Such monastic military orders were more relevant when a state was more united to the church, and could have a justifiable reason for warring against the infidel (with the object of conversion before destruction) and defending a state unified in faith. As it is however, with neither a mature state nor a mature church, a Catholic armed military was a thing of the past. The early Christians were in the same situation, and martyrdom was the solution. Perhaps it may be so in the near future.
As much as an Imperium would be great, no chance that God will reward us with that in the current state of ecclesiastical and political maturity

being a monk soldier is also an intense dream of mine. SIGH

I don't believe that would be necessary in the vast majority of the United States, where armed parishioners aren't uncommon. Churches in Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East could certainly use armed guards though.
I'd love to do that as a career. The United States military is rampant with Zionism, affirmative action, sodomy, and other secular nonsense - it's no place for Catholic men.

Attached: 15623432.jpg (800x450, 75.74K)

This is a larp, dude. Consecrated religious are to preach the good news, to perform the sacraments, and to offer up prayers and fasting. Even during the crusades the religious went to war with their rosaries not with swords. The lay people were always the soldiers and even if such a thing were to happen today it would still be the lay people conducting such business.

Correct. This entire thread is a big LARP and antithetical to Christianity.

We are not Islam.

in the middle ages monks couldnt shed blood so they used mazes and clubs
its historical data,look it up

i looked it up, and it's true

Attached: clericdarksouls.jpg (215x274, 18.74K)

sounds like a meme, but honestly with the persecution christians face in some countries, a sort of charity militia would probably have some use.

Wasn't it said that the templars or monastic orders of knights made vows of celibacy and poverty that monks did? Hence I called them monks.

Does this mean then that religious orders and societies registered under the church are not necessarily monks/nuns?

Not catholic (anglican) but this is a YUGE necessity across the christian world, if only for the sake of building strong men.

Attached: WHOAA.webm (1280x720, 757.57K)

Any monastic order has to be approved by the Vatican. You can't just form a club and claim to be something. Would it be possible? Yes. Would you personally be able to do it? No.

Templars, Hospitaller, etc. were a thing. Were they not real monks?

Genuine question because I'm not catholic

Perhaps, they were registered as Catholic religious orders that swore similar vows to monks like poverty and celibacy?

Create your own incorruptible independent Catholic Church.

So become a protestant?
No thanks

Vatican Pope is corrupted.

No, he's not corrupted; you just don't like him. The Church doesn't run on your personal snowflake fee-fees.

Both are/were real monastic orders, yes. The Hospitalers still exist, even!

user stop LARPing and get praying. We are in the middle of a Spiritual Holy War besieged on all sides. Why not ask the Lord, fast and meditate on this before asking us?

(checked for truth)

Attached: Come out of her, my people.png (600x600, 416.75K)

Imagine not wanting sodomites to repent from their sins and come to Christ.

Yeah if he searches for fly he Lord meaning he is following the laws set out meaning he is not committing the sinful acts of homosexuality. The problem with Francis is he is unclear with his statements now t that he is heretical.

*not that he is heretical
darn satanic autocorrect

The statement could be the same for people who've had unmarried sex, committed adultery, or any other mortal sin. The problem is misinterpretation by the pro-gay media, and the fixation people have on homosexuality vs. any other mortal sins of lust.

The monastic military should be mandatory for the male Christians to devotes their times to crusade the corruptions away from the sick Earth.

Stop desiring to kill people

You cannot tell us what to do with the degenerates.

The poor knights of Christ, otherwise known as the knights templar, were reformed several years ago. The North American priory is allowed to take members. Go here for more information: militiatempli.net/

So are they legit? Has the pope signed off that these are the legit Knights Templar?

For discussion free from Papist censorship, visit:
>>>/christianity/