Quick question: How do we know the false gods and goddesses are actually fallen angels?

Quick question: How do we know the false gods and goddesses are actually fallen angels?

Attached: 59692083_2468306753226455_9043995785754050560_n.jpg (959x960, 108.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

studybible.info/compare/Psalms 96:5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quick answer:
It doesn't matter if they were fallen angels or just imagination. It's a trivial detail that misses the point. The point being that God is the only god worthy of our praise and attention.

Attached: 494362305.jpg.resize.710x399.jpg (266x399, 18.95K)

They likely are, which is why we are encouraged to skepticism when it comes to our encounters with the supernatural. All things are to be measured against God and his laws.

This is why we pray for the Virgin Mary to intercede on behalf of our prayers. Look up Fatima, the Miracle of the Sun.

Thanks, guys. I know about Fatima the Miracle of the Sun. You guys are so peppy and helpful. Mmm mmm mmm (Seriousness only)

How do we know they likely are?

I've been watching vids on youtube related to this topic for the past week or so. I can't remember exactly and if they're precisely related to each other but two avenues of investigation are 1) ancient near eastern scholar Michael Heiser, who talks a lot about how in ancient history gods were tied to the land, to a specific territory. Hence God establishing the nations after the tower of babel and giving all of them but Israel (i.e. Abraham and his seed) up to the lesser, lower case g 'gods.' Heiser also talks about the 'divine council' a lot, not that I've looked into it, but is as far as I recall this comprises spiritual beings which function as the administrative/implementation arm of God's creation, administering and dominioning over territories. Whether the divine council once comprised of wholly righteous beings on the side of God and/or include evil beings who rebelled against them ('council' implies allegience to me but idk much about the whole thing like I said), and whether these are the same fallen angels that are spoken of in the next line of investigation, I'm not sure (only because I haven't done that much research on them).

The next place to look is with regard to the 'Sons of God' (i.e. angels) that came down and took wives of men and procreated with them creating hybrid men spoken of in Genesis 6 and expanded on in extrabiblical texts like the first book of Enoch, the book of Jasher and Jubilees I say extra biblical as generic prot, Julbilees might be in the apostalistic canon and first Enoch is in the Ethiopian canon iirc. These hybrids (nephelim) were giants, sometimes huge (this can happen with certain hybrids - see 'ligers' which are huge and don't stop growing), had superhuman strength and were obviously abominable creations that were never sanctioned as part of creation (it's the reason for the flood and the genocide of all the 'ites' tribes in the OT - they came back after the flood through Noah's son's wives who had corrupt DNA - Shem's line, through which Jesus came, was clean though). It is speculated that many of these nephilim were some of the small g gods including potentially those which make up the 'titans' in greek mythology.

Not related to fallen angels or spiritual entities as such but another line of investigation is due to the entropy and decay which enters into the world after sin, with the progression of the generations the children of those that lived to 900 years old would have seen their parents, still in their prime, as being immortal, and that generation themselves that lived half their parents to 500 years old would have children that would live to half that who would have seen their parents as immortal. So these could have been seen as samll g gods in the eyes of those peopld in that sense and informed their myths and pantheons.

Finally, another angle is that Nimrod, who built the tower of babel, following its descruction and creating of the nations saw his story and myth spread by looooaads of different names in all the different mythologys and pantheons, including Osiris, Mithra, Apollo, Baal, Gilgamesh, Marduk, etc.etc. I'm not sure if Nimrod was a Nephalim hybrid or not tbh.

Kinda related but not to small g gods, also worth noting the hybrids of mythology like fawns and those half man/half horse things (i forget the name) would have been demonic hybrids made as hosts for demonic spirits to inhabit (they like to inhabit hosts, think of Legion asking Jesus to send them into the pigs that run off the cliff in the gospels).

Sorry for such a dense yet vague post.

Thank you, how do we know that Nimrod is all these gods?

This is a common belief among trads, which I think is pretty solid, however I do think a lot of pagan gods are animals (sea serpents, dragons, etc) or deified versions of men who really lived (like indra)

Thanks for your input, brother-man.

I can't find anything that looks particularly scholarly from a v brief google, all my info was from utube vids, have a look for yourself to see what you can find, I get the feeling its mostly speculation and/or conjecture relying on ancient historians and history from what we find in the ancient record

I suspect it is not very credible, not because I believe in other gods but for other reasons. Thanks, man.

What is wrong with everyone. It literally says this in the Bible studybible.info/compare/Psalms 96:5

Attached: sushi-fren.jpg (1600x900, 273.32K)

It literally says so in the Bible

Centaurs. The half-man-half-horse things you're thinking of? You're thinking of centaurs.

That's the one.

You've got such a likeable online demeanour, v refreshing to find on a chan

Careful, a lot of the “Nimrod” stuff comes from SDAs, who in turn got it from a Scottish Presbyterian who may have been a Freemason.

Mods why did u delete the other thread

Absolutely Underrated post for citing the answer with a site that'll likely be an useful tool for future references on translations. Bravo.

Attached: download (1).gif (235x200, 1.89M)

Because then what else would they be?

They could be power-tripping human beings, figments of the imagination, or inanimate objects.