Rosary

I'm someone who is planning on becoming catholic sometime soon. I hear people here say to pray the rosary. i however feel God is telling me to pray organically, as in, a non-rigid. I feel the prayers come through me with clarity by god himself. am i wrong to feel this way?
Just now out of the Blue I felt commanded to say hail mary with pure clarity. I don't get this with the rosary :' (

Am I wrong to not pray the rosary as often people suggest? its really bothering me

Attached: subbiting to Christ.gif (400x225, 4.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/1988/08/17/cardinal-ratzinger-said-to-approve-messages-of-blessed-mother-at-akita&post_id=3686
latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-15-la-na-virgin-mary-20101215-story.html
tldm.org/news7/popebenedictxvithirdsecret.htm
remnantnewspaper.com/Archives/2009-0531-ferrara-fatima_and_akita.htm
olrl.org/prophecy/akita.shtml
ewtn.com/library/mary/akita.htm
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emeritus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Graceful savior, son of god, have mercy on those in need of your eternal love. Keep us on the path of righteousness, god almighty, through grace lead us to our eternal salvation as promised by your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Keep us safe from the snares of the devil and his followers. Through Jesus our Lord amen

Its prayers like this that come through me. I used to be to be atheist, then agnostic, now soon to be catholic. what now?

Devotions are just that; you can do other devotions, or even not do any (but I do not recommend it.)
The first thing you should learn if you want to be a catholic, though, is that your elders know better; saying the rosary is a very traditional devotion. Who are you to claim your personal prayers have 'more clarity'?
Also, nobody is forcing you to say the rosary - it is just associated with many benefits. You can of course speak to God in personal, extemporized prayer, too.

I'm sorry. I feel more connected. I'm not attacking the rosary. I'm simply saying God thinks I should show my devotions in other way. God spoke through me and told me 2 things to quickly improve my life. A thing many people have trouble with.

1. Forgive others who have wronged me(long history of bullying)
2. Forgive myself ( I was a fedora)
He currently tells me I should be baptized before I go Job hunting in the fall.(unemployed)
I wouldn't Deny the church elders. its something god is telling me to do. I think the Rosary is WONDERFUL for many to do. I also find it hard to memorize the rosary : '(

My mind is shot from YEARS of being angry at people. I'm no longer angry, but my short term memory is garbage, and that is putting it nicely : (

If I get a job I would try to be as charitable as possible. Try to do good where I can, as I can, for the grace and glory of God. : D

Remember that creating a big family that worships God is also a charity. Do not feel like saving your fund is depriving of God as long as the savings is for a great cause like having a huge family would be.

The strongest thing for the Church currently is more huge families. Too often does a catholic only have one to two children. Instead we must be fruitful and multiply!

Bless be to the Lord All Mighty above and below as he bestows us many gifts.

Pray the Rosary anyway. If it is hard then good that makes it a sacrifice and is even more pleasing to God.

Making up your own prayers is fine but you should still stick to the basics and build a strong foundation for your prayer life.

Also you are giving into pride a little to much.

how? I don't think myself better than god!I feel God wants me want to be intimate in a different way. :'(

how? I don't think myself better than god!I feel God wants me want to be intimate in a different way. :'(

I will Go where god takes me. He might want me to be a priest. If he wants me to have a family I will do so and bring them to love Christ like I do. I don't want them to fall to sin, that is what s what scares me. Degeneracy is crammed down our throats every day. I don't want my kids to get lost. I think I might become a soldier of Christ. I want to gather an arsenal to equip a volunteer force of Catholics to protect Christians everywhere. it hurts to see other Christians vulnerable to the evils of those that seek their destruction It really saddens me :'(.

This will not sound kind or charitable but you write in a way that makes me uneasy and makes me worry for your mental health. Are you okay?

my big problem with the rosary is meditating. I have Asperger which means I take things literally. for example The meditation with Mary and Jesus turning water into wine. I don't understand what it represents. I hate that I take things literally sometimes. and this is one of those cases. I think that is why god wants me to show my faith differently. It REALLY upsets me. : '((((

I wish someone could explain what all the stations represent how to go about meditating….

I have aspergers syndrome. Don't worry i won't hurt you. Don't want to hurt anyone. I simply had a lot of problems for years since October- November 2008.

i will be praying for you, brother! take care

thank you : )

Don't worry about not memorizing, if you would like to keep trying to say the rosary there is an app called Laudate that has a digital rosary with all the prayers written down so you can read along if you have a smartphone. If you have trouble imagining what is happening in the Bible scenes while meditating on them, you could also look at pictures. You could get a rosary book with pictures or the free option is to just Google the Bible scene for pictures and save them to look at. Here's a nice one I found of the agony in the garden. God bless brother, keep praying however you feel called to.

Attached: mysteries_agonia.png (540x525, 562.17K)

thank you : D

Joyful Mysteries:

1. The Incarnation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation of Jesus & the purification of Our Lady
5. The Finding of Jesus

Sorrowful Mysteries:

1. The Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. The Crowning with Thorns
4. The Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion

Glorious Mysteries:

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin
5. The Coronation of Mary

I recommend to you reading "The Secret of the Rosary" by St. Louis Marie de Montfort, it helped me a lot when I got started praying the Holy Rosary of Our Lady. God bless.

Thank you : D

can i buy it at Barnes & Noble? : D

The book is widely available for free online in digital form, but if you fancy a physical copy I think it's not hard to find either.

Research the messages at both Fatima and Akita and you will understand why is it imperative one prays the rosary.

Attached: Virgin_Mary_of_Akita_Japan.jpg (290x399, 31.26K)

Is the third secret still unknown? (not sure)

also one other problem… I lost my bible. i had a KJV bible I found in high school and seem to have misplaced it. What bible should I get?

Get a Douay-Rheims. They're dirt cheap used.

i heard of some using the Vulgate. what about that? what is the difference between Douay rheims and vulgate? ( sorry very new)

The Vulgate is in Latin. The Douay-Rheims is the most accurate translation of the Vulgate. And, the Church has declared the Vulgate to be inspired.

oh okay

what books are in DR that are not in the Lutheran? ( dad's Lutheran I know, I know0

The Deuterocanon.

Thanks! will try to buy it

Hey! I did research into Our Lady of Akita and I found out that it's not a Marian Apparition accepted by the Church. Why are you recommending it?!

Correct, it isn't offically recognized, yet. But if it is good enough for than Cardinal Ratzinger (current Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI), it is good enough for me.

If you look at both messages, Fatima is the same as Akita, just Akita has a complete 3rd secret.

ucanews.com/story-archive/?post_name=/1988/08/17/cardinal-ratzinger-said-to-approve-messages-of-blessed-mother-at-akita&post_id=3686

latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-15-la-na-virgin-mary-20101215-story.html

tldm.org/news7/popebenedictxvithirdsecret.htm

remnantnewspaper.com/Archives/2009-0531-ferrara-fatima_and_akita.htm

olrl.org/prophecy/akita.shtml

ewtn.com/library/mary/akita.htm

Dr. Taylor Marshall and Tim Gordon talk about the similarites between Fatima and Akita.

Well, so far it has a "no comment" status, but yeah it's mostly on the unaccepted side of the spectrum.

You are not wrong but eventually as you spiritually develop you should get the want to have a course of prayers for you. Whether that is the Rosary or the Office or some litanies or something else. Try the rosary out once in a while and if you are spiritually developing you will develop that want for something.

Personally I started getting into the Rosary because of so much temptation and people telling me that it helped them.

Please see the attached PDF. This is the nicest rosary booklet I could find and it is the correct true 15 decade rosary.

Pope Benedict XVI isn't the Pope anymore so why is he the "current" Pope?
The first link is about Korean Christian Missionaries, despite the URL.
The second link doesn't work for me as I'm European.

But nonetheless, thanks for the links. Those were very informative. It's odd that the third secret of Fatima would be suppressed. I didn't know the Church could be like this.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/emeritus

I just tried the rosary. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I felt truly happy… happier than I've been in a long time. I don't see why people shit on it so much

I just came back to tell you of an experience I had recently. So, according to the video I watched on Our Lady of Akita, because Sr. Agnes started experiencing pain in her left hand and the pain was so intense that she couldn't fully open her left hand and so she couldn't place her left hand over her right hand and receive communion by hand. She was forced to receive it orally. The interpretation was that this was our Blessed Mother telling us that she does not approve of people taking communion by hand; that she desires that people receive communion orally.

I don't remember from where I got the idea that I should take communion exclusively from the priest but nonetheless, when I thought to myself, "On the Tongue, from the Priest" I immediately felt like my soul was about to leave my body and shoot upwards, straight into heaven. I think you guys are right to take this apparition seriously.

Thanks to the Rosary i was able to mostly forgo sleep for the first time in a long time. I am at peace for once in a long time. I was up for 48 hours from praying the Rosary and I feel
Alive. you might think i was up for too long, but you see, for YEARS I was sluggish and couldn't get out of bed until late. I feel… lighter. i slept a little bit around 1 but thats it. i'm wide awake and good to go. : DDDDDDDDDD