Why is it that when I see the Theotokos mocked I become angry? I mainly feel pity when I see Christ mocked...

Why is it that when I see the Theotokos mocked I become angry? I mainly feel pity when I see Christ mocked, but when the Blessed Virgin is mocked I become enraged. Does anyone else have this?

Maybe it's just that I expect Christ to be mocked since He said they would, and was slandered in the Gospel by the pharisees, and the world has been at war with him since Adam.

Attached: 1c5ab68461ee76d642fb348ad524d874b46b97fd383dd42ef7aa9990ac0001c9.jpg (1465x961, 333.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psallitesapienter.blogspot.com/2009/07/ecclesiasticus-xxiv-1-31.html
archive.fatima.org/crusader/cr74/cr74pg21.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because the Blessed Virgin is the most exalted, pure, humble, pious human to exist, she was given the task of being the Mother of God, and she loved God and had a relationship with Him like no other human. All of her beautiful virtues are totally contrary to those promoted today.

Attached: ArkofNewCovenant.jpg (997x1041 281.45 KB, 82.52K)

We're supposed to accept Christ as a friend and more importantly as a ruler, but we're supposed to accept Mary as a mother. What makes you more angry, when someone insults a president you like, or when someone insults your mother?

That is not what Ecclesiasticus 24 says

psallitesapienter.blogspot.com/2009/07/ecclesiasticus-xxiv-1-31.html

You're more devoted to her than you are to God the Son. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry, I'm just saying that by all logic you should be more upset when God is mocked.

Beyond the fact that she is the mother of God and deserving of our respect, I suspect it has to do with the fact that her life was lived sinless and pure, in a way equal to, but not the same as her Son's. What I mean by that is that Mary is the motherly figure, she never acted out in violence like her son did (though of course he was justified), she was never physically attacked and certainly wouldn't have reprised such an attack. She remained humble, meek, and peaceful to her Assumption and even beyond.

When I see her blasphemed, (like in one instance I saw the other day posted on another board of an anime depiction of Mary gaving group-sex with Roman soldiers with a caption above saying she came up with Christianity to disguise the supposed fact that she was a whore) my blood boils.

I think some people have a conscience more inline with God than others. I remember reading someone say they always felt rage whenever they saw laity serving the Eucharist.

Because she is a woman.

I feel sad when I see Our Lady mocked but I also remember that my mom was never much offended by "your mom" jokes because kids are stupid and it's pointless to get offended by the childish things they're doing. We should show her the utmost respect, but Our Lady is everyone's mother and she is patient and kind with us pitiful creatures and also loves the ones who mock her.

You feel pity for those who mock Christ because they will surely face him during their Judgment, but you feel rage against those who mock his mother because she cannot do anything about it.

I didn't read all what you wrote and it's already making me pissed.

Because you have valued Mary above the Christ, simple. Revalue what you think, turn back to your love of Christ and his mercy and everlasting love and seek forgiveness user.

Matthew 10:37 ESV

Mary is your mother in the same sense that God is your father. the passage you cited is saying that you must value the teachings of Christ above blood ties. Essentially a warning against race idolatry.
But nice try.

So you're saying Mary, a created being, who had a beginning, is of similar relational status to us as God the Father, the One who was not created, does not have a beginning, and fashioned us from eternity.

You are either a troll or a pagan

Probably both

Attached: 1534823149731.jpg (431x322, 28.2K)

Wait a minute, are you saying you aren't apart of the one body of Jesus Christ?

You can't make that comparison. God is Father because God is creator.

Where does user say that

It sounds like you have elevated her to a place above Christ.

The fact that he finds it absurd to think that Mary is his mother like God the Father is his father.
If we as Christians are in the one mystical body of Christ, and God the Father is both Jesus' Father and our Father, it follows that Mary is also our mother.
Since Jesus is a continuation of the royal Davidic line, it also follows that Mary is the Queen of Israel, and ought to be venerated as such. She did get a coronation in Rev 12 after all

Attached: our-lady-of-the-rosary.jpg (643x800, 105.86K)

if someone mocks my mom I’m gonna be mad too

Attached: C39C3BA0-72A3-44A7-BDEF-2E78ADDE557C.jpeg (655x900, 191.94K)

As would any sane and normal person

Sad to see that Zig Forums has turned in to one big Catholic circlejerk. I remember when it wasn't like this. The sheer volume of Mary threads shows how unhealthy all of this is.

You sound like a troll's dream, lighten up brother.

Who is my mother, and who are my brothers? Whoever does the will of the Father in heaven is your brother and sister and mother. Mary has no exclusivity in this regard, and besides, Christ was talking about ties that would be kindled with people while on earth, not impressive dead people from another epoch. Also, Mary is dead and in limbo awaiting the final judgement of God as we all will, and so cannot hear your prayers or be 'patient' with you. Sorry.

lol absolutely insane, deranged, blasphemous and heretical my friend. Unfortunately, you're far from the first Cath ive heard embrace such ideas about Mary. Like him, I will assume you're trolling

No it does not follow, you are just autistically playing semantic games.

No, please do not say this as if it is a fact. The exegesis identifying Mary as the woman in Revelations was pretty much unknown to the early church and has never been a universally affirmed interpretation. It is agreed by most that it refers to a conflagration of Israel and the Church, and has nothing to do with Mary.

I guarantee you there are older women who do the will of the Father in your proximity who would be far better candidates to be a spiritual mother to you as opposed to Mary.

Attached: blasphemy.jpg (529x369, 49.33K)

Do you really want to start talking about what the early Church believed?
archive.fatima.org/crusader/cr74/cr74pg21.asp
You can't go to heaven without the intercession of the BVM. Fact.

She's rarely directly mocked as opposed to God which makes it even more infuriating when she is.

God chose before time that he would take on humanity through Mary, his mother, a created being. Becoming himself a created being, sharing the created DNA from Mary, so that he could save us created beings by offering us his flesh and blood.

… what happened to the comment you are replying to?