Which version of the bible is best?

i initially intended to read king james' bible but then i found out that its protestant propaganda pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (578x130, 34.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicebooks.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/online-ebook-haydocks-catholic-bible-commentary-1859-edition/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The KJV is important for our language and literature, read it. But if you're Cath, get an RSVCE.

Attached: page_1.jpg (993x1500, 234.18K)

whats different about the orthodox bible?

Douay Rheims Challoner 1752 (DRC1752) gets my vote!

it's OT is translated from the Greek Septuagint, and the NT follows the majority text.

New Anerican Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) is the best OT translation you’ll ever find. That and the RSV are both excellent choices

Attached: 9690D583-2939-4DEA-A344-7456FB639E7C.jpeg (300x300, 21K)

The New Jerusalem bible is another Catholic translation that’s very interesting. The Old Testament passages have the name of God rather than “The Lord” which is a dealbreaker for sone, but still a great translation nonetheless

Here's a decent chart. I'm reading KJV right now and once I finish it I'm switching to the ESV.

Attached: versions.jpeg (781x444, 57.21K)

are you a bot? reply to me

I am not a bot, what made you think that?

Douay Rheims is the best English translation, especially if you want the old English pomp that the KJV has but actually accurate

You have bot like behavior

second this.
and whenever that's too old fashioned to understand (like when reading St. Paul or something) i switch to the jerusalem bible. don't use the (((new))) jerusalem bible; the only difference is (((inclusive language))) which just makes certain words and phrases genderless (the 9th commandment is the go-to example of what they changed).

both aren't bastardized, and have the full canon.

The one you read.

More seriously, if you want all the books of the Bible, the only English version out there is the Orthodox Study Bible.

You wouldn't want to miss the drunken elephants in 3 Maccabees.

The Vulgate.

Should I get DR or Jerusalem Bible?

Autographa

DRC1752 definitely. The Jerusalem Bible is bizarre and uses Yahweh in many places and I think even Sabaoth instead of Lord of Hosts it's just a real bizarre translation who came up with this nonsense really. DRC1752, it's not hard to read. If you really need something super modern then go for RSV2CE

It's comforting to see that no matter how long I stay away or how much of a break I take from the internet, I can always be absolutely assured that Zig Forums will have a Bible Fight thread at the top of the catalog.

Clementine Vulgate is pretty different from whatever they're calling the "Vulgate" online. This is a question I have to do more research, because the old Vulgate was infallibly declared as free from all errors in faith and morals. People have told me this isn't the Clementine Vulgate. Clementine Vulgate has 1 John 5:7 in it though (so does the DR, because it's a translation of that). Although that isn't incorrect anyways in terms of faith and morals. How different is the Clementine from the "old vulgate". Also I've heard that no one can actually find it. People have also said there are many Clementine Vulgates. What is going on. I wish they would just declare the DRC1752 as infallible in terms of faith and morals too that would really help us. And no Nihil Obstats are not infallible. Much less are they from an ecumenical council (Vatican 1) which makes it definitely infallible, unlike something from a Papal Bull, which is not necessarily infallible.

catholicebooks.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/online-ebook-haydocks-catholic-bible-commentary-1859-edition/

The Message (; I feel I must explicitly state I'm being sarcastic or I may commit heresy

Attached: IMG_20190712_184406.jpg (1080x1486, 1011.4K)

This. It revises the Old Testament with what has been found in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Take the MSGpill user
not really lol

Attached: msg.001.png (1024x1024, 1.18M)

This guy knows who's in the driver's seat

This. The DRC1899 seems to use the same base text as the 1752 btw, just with a different preface and notes.

Absolutely disgusting.