Why did Vatican II have to happen?

Why did Vatican II have to happen?

God willed it.

Because hippie Boomers cannot comprehend the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". They still fuss about Latin Mass, actually… Everyone but me in my Catholic book group is a Boomer, and not long ago they were all complaining about a Latin phrase being used in a book we're studying. "Why did the Church use Latin? Good riddance!", one exclaimed. "Communion on the tongue is gross!", another said. Prideful Boomers demand that Church be all about them; the priest must face the parishioners and not the host, mimicking the priest's actions and hippie hand-holding during the Our Father is encouraged, the only language that may be used is American English, et cetera.

Do you have anywhere else to go?

Attached: VirgoMaria.jpg (715x958, 182.99K)

There is a Latin Mass about 30 minutes away from me… I've never been, but it sure is tempting.

Go and reap the great spiritual reward, assuming it isn't SSPX.

Damn that sucks. People aren't vocal about Latin in my Church, they probably don't care. But I feel for you if your Churcjes parishioners are actually vocally against it.

Perhaps I will, and no, it isn't SSPX.

It's the loud minority saying that stuff, really. There's also people at my Church that receive Communion on the tongue and wear mantillas, but again, they're a minority. I'd say most of the parishioners are politically moderate/conservative-leaning.

Or allowed it - I think those are different enough to warrant differentiating.

My Priest holds the Latin Mass on Thursday in the middle of the day probably so there is at least one proper Mass held each week for those willing to do what they need to do. But yeah once Sunday rolls around it is NO all the way respectful NO but still. At least the young people at the Church are mostly tradition minded wearing veils and communion on the tongue.

Because the laity grew complacent. The generations before the boomers assumed the Church would teach everything the kids needed and neglected to Catachise them properly. Remember it wasn’t just modernist priests it was boomers rebelling against the church that did the real damage.

The Laity has been in soft schism since at least the 60’s only now it is more defined and clear.

Long story short Catachisim begins at home with the parents.

Very true.

True, that actually reminds me of a small private revelation concerning the Church.

Very famous, reportedly resulted in the prayers after Low Mass. Not sure if this is legitimate or not, but there was something notably evil about the 20th century. Two world wars, Communism, abortion, sexual revolution, people abusing the good things of V2 for their own ends, mass apostasy, sex scandals in the Church, etc. This happening with Leo XIII might be something of an urban legend, but it is something to think about.

SSPX is perfectly valid for going to mass as well, despite some uncharitable and sadly openly lying anons trying to keep orthodox theology and Latin Mass away from you.

Most believe it since there were witnesses to it and Leo himself was a pretty awesome Pope.

I assume it is not, the controversey surrounding them seems to not be of God. I sympathize with them though, and my soul would be in agony if I didn't have access to the FSSP.

Stories like this give me hope. Satan was given a hundred years and the power he asked for, and while the church may be under vigorous attack, he utterly failed at its destruction.

depends if you believe in free will or not.

Why did Vatican I have to happen?

This look at the resurgence of traditional belief. Return to Sacramentals and the traditional mass if slow is an encouraging thing to see.

The Lord did not reveal himself all at once in the 3rd day he took his time and started slowly.

what the hell? i'm never going back to communion on the hand. i almost dropped the eucharist once because i'm a klutz. if it makes you feel better though, i'm kinda in the same boat. my parish has a literal rock band with drums even. i don't ever go to the masses with them, i go to the evening mass, but sometimes i have to go to the rock band mass and it winnie the pooh sucks.

spooky

don't "go" anywhere. Stay with the true Church. Simple as pic related

Attached: PicsArt_07-16-11.46.43.jpg (2289x2289, 211.86K)

so you consider it "traditional" to refuse to obey the legitimate Holy Father? NO and sede are at least consistent Catholic positions; SSPX's "recognize and resist" doesn't have a leg to stand on.