I feel called to the Priesthood

But when I tell people they look at me funny and some people have asked my friends if they think I am a pedo…

Is it a tainted vocation now?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 1.29.25 AM.png (584x296, 206.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fisheaters.com/holyorders3.html
soundcloud.com/thomisticinstitute/fr-dominic-legge-the-grace-of-preaching-and-the-dominican-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In pop culture, yes. What you've said though is terribly sad.

I wouldn't be able to associate with anyone who asked your friends such a demeaning question, what jerks.

Same here, though I feel I'm not saint enough, at least yet (hopefully, I'll improve).
For me, the biggest push back is my mother, who want's to have grandchildren some day. I'm a 24 yo wizard apprentice, so I highly doubt she'll get grandchildren even if I don't go the priesthood path.
Now, examine your vocation, user. Do you want to be a priest or you just don't wanna deal with the modern world? Go to church and tell your priest you want to get more involved; maybe it's charity work, maybe is evangelizing, maybe is aiding in some other way. Get to know the Church more from the inside.

Yes, mainly cause >muh chasity >so virgin >lol
In our oversexualized society, abstaining from sex means questioning the social order. People are hostile to that and will find any excuse to berate priesthood. "If he doesn't want women then he's a pedo", cause people can understand pedophilia better than chastity.
Fortunately, Pope Francis is managing to give the Church a better image in the eyes of the gentiles. We the faithful may be uncomfortable with him, but it's undeniable that he's popular among non-believers. Maybe we can get rid of the taint to some extent.
Finally, the vocation being tainted in other people's eyes should not worry you. Priests bring people closer to God, and that's the most beautiful thing one can do with his life.

I think it's more the many hundreds of confirmed cases of priests sexually abusing children that have been exposed than it is not wanting women which makes people think that

They aren't your friends then. There is a shortage of priests in the Church and we need good priests now more then ever. It's name might be tainted, but it isn't before the eyes of God.

As long as you don't have any sodomite tendencies, I say go for it. Your "friends" may hate you, but remember they hated Jesus before they ever hated you.

He said people were asking his friends about him, not that his friends were asking about him

Oh well still
The same applies anyway lol

Lol

If you are worried about societal status it's not for you.

:)

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.[c] 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant[d] is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also.

Yes and persecution will get worse, but it's a very high office and you will be giving your life to Christ. Don't expect public praise and people to like you, but expect to be rewarded in heaven.

Read this fisheaters.com/holyorders3.html

If you are willing you should contact your vocation's office to discern, it's a very high dignity, far above what random people might call you.

How do you become a priest? Do o have to go to school first or would it be done through the church

im going to train to become a dominican priest. I was really happy when I found out their motto was "veritas", which means truth. It made me realize the truth has always been my calling, it is what I had been doing this whole time. God is good yes, he chose for me what I most wanted.

also st dominic was pretty based too

You can either do a diocesan priesthood, or a religous priesthood.
For a diocesan priesthood you do it as a part of your diocese, so you contact your vocations director, then go to seminary for however long depending if you've already gone to college or not.

Religious is you'd be a postulant and eventually take different levels of vows, and you'd start studying when your superiors think it's good.

Religous priest is peak grace maxxing.

If you haven't checked out thomistic institute yet this is a great talk on the dominican vocation
soundcloud.com/thomisticinstitute/fr-dominic-legge-the-grace-of-preaching-and-the-dominican-life

BEGOME BASSIONID OGAY?!? :DDDDD

Attached: international-logo-1.png (350x250, 12.63K)

I also feel a calling to be a priest, but a part of me will miss a family life. Being able to raise a son well was something I always wanted, but I understand duty towards Christ and his Church is higher. You think these feelings will ever go away

When you become a priest, you have many sons and daughters in your flock.

Yeah, thats the sort of thinking I'm persuading myself with.

If you become a priest never allow yourself to be alone in a room or have children over to your home to spend the night. The liberals will make false accusations

I maintain that pope francis is popular with the normies primarily because he looks like a kindly old uncle, as opposed to his predecessor, who looked like Emperor Palpatine.