U.S. CONGRESS IS GETTING READY TO PASS AN INTERNET CENSORSHIP LAW

archive.is/CSyhD

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865
The bill changes section 230 of the CDA, the law that protects website owners from liability for what their users post, to carve out an exception for instances of human trafficking. Site owners can be held liable and subject to a criminal fine or imprisonment for not more than 20 years.

WHAT THIS MEANS IN PRACTICE IS THAT ALL IT WOULD TAKE FOR A WEBSITE TO BE SHUT DOWN AND ITS OWNER ARRESTED IS A FALSE FLAG OPERATION OF SPOOKS ENGAGING IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING. ALL U.S. SITES WOULD BECOME FORCED TO IMPOSE EXTREMELY HEAVY-HANDED MODERATION AND CENSORSHIP OR SHUT DOWN ENTIRELY, Zig Forums INCLUDED.

THIS BILL HAS STRONG BIPARTISAN SUPPORT AND WILL LIKELY PASS UNLESS HEAVY RESISTANCE CAN BE ORGANIZED QUICKLY AND ON A LARGE SCALE.

Voting on the House Floor is scheduled for THIS TUESDAY. Start spreading this information on as many websites as you can before it's too late. If you know anyone with a large audience try and get them to spread the word. If this bill becomes law then it's GAME OVER for free speech on the internet.

Attached: internet-censorship.jpg (400x292, 47.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/more-than-a-million-pro-repeal-net-neutrality-comments-were-likely-faked-e9f0e3ed36a6
kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article135871988.html
nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html
boards.4chan.org/g/thread/64876504
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_the_United_States#Types
twitter.com/getongab/status/968269020314058752
twitter.com/hashtag/SurvivorsAgainstFOSTA
twitter.com/TransEquality/status/968232282430599169
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would it free me from this ecstasy drip-feed of internet entertainment ?

well, it was trumps idea, and god-emperor trump can do no wrong, so you must be wrong, and this is fake news...

I'm frankly astonished how far this law got. I was telling my friends about it a few months ago, and they basically all said something like' "Oh, you know how lawmakers overshoot, right. This bill is way too insane to pass on its own. The only reason why it exists is so that those very same lawmakers can point at it when they pass less extreme but equally insane censorship laws and say, 'Well you think we're insane, but have a look at this. Compared to them, our solution is totally moderate, eh?'"

No, but it'll make it harder for sites like 8ch to exist, because they have to bear the legal burden of the 0.01% of posts that are transgressive in some way. Ironically, much of what this bill does actually helps conceal instances of sex trafficking by incentivizes social media sites to block posts before the ever get sent and not report the posts that do violate this law.

Poor bait. Did you conveniently miss the part of the post that says "STRONG BIPARTISAN SUPPORT"?

Fucking hell not again

It's not bait and it doesn't matter if it has le "STRONG BIPARTISAN SUPPORT" because it really came out of Trump's mind.

Exactly this. Faceberg and Snapshit will be fine, because they have (((lawyers))) to help insulate them from laws like this. Owners of small sites, forums, services, etc. don't.

Hey kid, wanna buy a sex slave?

Attached: notafed.png (658x507, 127.24K)

It's for the best thb

Just move outside the US.

You could stop hating people. Just an idea.

It's worse in Europe. But you already know that fucking shill.

Attached: ef4d5fc302e502683c9bd0727143e691e83dc4b99071c12696d0e197be220486.webm (710x400, 13.36M)

You first, Schlomo.

every online server already censors everything you say or do. literally every 5 seconds someone is getting banned for "being toxic". what would this even change

Right after you, Schinkenfloor.

That "don't bother them" at the end always gets me.

MODS PLEASE FUCKING STICKY

BRING THIS TO CUCKCHAN TOO

cuckmonkey pls go

This is Zig Forums, not Zig Forums. Ask for a sticky there. Shit ask for one in Zig Forums why the hell not.

inb4 law is technology

Internet is technology, dumbass.

Of course the Internet is technology. However, the purpose of this thread isn't to discuss the techniques that make up the Internet. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the laws that affect the Internet. This is a matter of politics, not technology.

Why do people still host in burgerland? Europe isn't perfect either but at least we don't ban "military grade" cryptography. If hosting in somalia was possible i would jump on it right away.

TOPWEW, at least Kurisu Makise anti-NN shill isn't here to tell us how internet censorship is actually anti-censorship.

>bullying classic mac system
Y-y-you too, sempai

Zig Forums.onion when?

Notice the complete radio silence from Net "Neutrality" kike shills. Christ we are so fucked. Trump sure is on a roll, attacking both the first and second amendments in one week.

Based daddy Trump on a crusade against degeneracy.

Attached: f0cf473e5299e3ce1a1ae2c8e397f00fa18cbec58a49b80cd780e946a2875c4c.mp4 (640x360, 2.67M)

{China}{Russia}{UK}{Germany}{Turkmenistan}

[United States]

Oop, spoke too soon.

hackernoon.com/more-than-a-million-pro-repeal-net-neutrality-comments-were-likely-faked-e9f0e3ed36a6
Hai hai bot-kun!

Attached: audacity_o_dis_nigga.jpg (620x700, 47.83K)

Why do I get the feeling that sex trafficking on clearnet sites is beyond extremely rare and makes up only a vanishingly tiny fraction of a fraction of all actual sex trafficking?

Attached: wait a second.png (325x382, 156.82K)

Is this not entrapment?

Only if you can shell out for a really good lawyer.

At least what he says makes sense. Movies get away with vicious torture yet can't show a woman getting fucked without destroying their economic potential due to ratings.

The sad thing is now we're just going to have sexless and non-violent movies instead because of these people's discussions. I hope it kills hollywood.

I can.

Why can't I hate people? Why can't I hate women? Must there be laws to police how I fucking feel about stuff?

kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article135871988.html

nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html

Well, God Emperor Trump would never sign such legislation, so you have nothing to worry about, amirite?

True, but it seems your opposition to these laws comes from the idea that you're likely to be prosecuted under even the most liberal interpretations of them, meaning maybe you do need to stop being an ignorant redneck.

POSTED ON CUCKCHAN
boards.4chan.org/g/thread/64876504

This is starting to feel really, REALLY bad

That has nothing to do with the impetus for making such a bill. Regardless of whether this law gets passed or not, it has significance because it reflects the mindset of our lawmakers.

I don't know what nation you live in, but the "think of the children" has been around well before our current administration, nor does the policy of our present one in this respect vary radically from that of our previous one, nor the one prior to that, nor the one prior to that. Even if I did agree with you, everything you've said so far could ever push this thread's discussion further, other than to create some pathetic, partisan, wallowing circlejerk about a state of affairs fostered by both parties. So I can infer that either you're really that vapid and petty or you're just trolling. I prefer to think better of people.

Where the fuck did you come from?

great! why are we fighting this?

Oh you convinced me. I now see that I am wrong, 70 IQ niggers and 85 IQ Arabs really do belong in Western society, and I'd be wrong to oppose them. The Jews know what's best for me after all, and whites just need to perish, you know for all those past sins. It doesn't matter if those sins are shared by other groups, whites owe it to the rest of the world to just be destroyed quietly without a whimper. You have also reminded me how glad I am that the Allies won WWII. Otherwise we might all be speaking German; our TV wouldn't have such wholesome entertainment; and homosexuals wouldn't be able to host parades in the street! Thanks Jews.

We already have laws against it. Meanwhile facebook and twitter have entire aspects of their websites were muslims and cubans and such practice openly.

Because it literally does the exact opposite of that and encourages social media sites to conceal instances of sex trafficking.

I know you're half-joking, but, I mean, that's much of the reason why the FBI collects so much data about everything despite the fact that it does very little to prevent persons of interest from committing the crimes they're planning. Replace innocent citizens with small social media sites with minority opinions.

That's not a generous interpretation of the bill; that's literally the crux of it. Undermining Section 203 is precisely how fosta wants to prevent sex trafficking. Beyond that, the bill is totally impotent in what it seeks to do, meaning that regardless of how abusive the legislation would be or not, its just another set of restrictions with little to no actual benefit justifying its abuses.

I know you mean well, but somehow I feel like fighting paranoid Zig Forums rambling with paranoid Zig Forums rambling isn't going to persuade anyone.

Just to add to that thought, the comment sections on newsjournal websites are really significant, not so much because they foster enlightening discussion but moreso as a symbolic gesture of transparency. Adding such a legal burden to something like that means that sites would have to alot resources to manually moderate those comment sections as well as resources to maintain the stringent filters necessary to prevent dangerous posts from getting sent in the first place. Amusingly, a consequence of fosta would be that a gesture like free speech, transparency, and open debate would be legally too problematic to keep.

Because he's the guy who could singlehandedly sink it with a veto, except he just spouted soccermom-tier nonsense in favor of internet censorship, videogame hysteria, and gun control.

If we screech at him autistically enough, it could turn things around, either because he'd change his stance, or his opponents would change theirs out of contrarianism.

That doesn't just apply to Zig Forums you know? It also applies to Facebook, and Twitter, and Jewgle, and Tumblr.etc
In other words the world wide web is fucked. Good, let it all burn to the ground tbh.

Attached: 9535f254280de2631b310886c8dc90f96392cbb605037f9b041cffdedf9ebad8.gif (500x276, 199.44K)

With the difference Faceberg can afford to pay Pajeets to remove any posts that aren't kosher, but your average chan can't.

Selective enforcement of the law as we have seen recently suggests that they would rather shut down reactionary conservative websites over muslims grooming gang facebook pages.
You're a fool if you think more bureaucracy will save anyone except though with the money to play the long game.

comment sections will be replaced by reddit, facebook, twitter apps.
the only way to share a banned opinion will be to have it on your own website--which you won't be permitted to link

Doesn't it go further than that, to the point where it's rumored alphabet agencies have specifically asked Twatter not to ban terrorist recruiters because they're a good source of intel?

(((STRONG BIPARTISAN SUPPORT)))

[email protected] if you actually do want to buy one heh.

Fucking this man although I host an Unturned server where you can say and do whatever the fuck you want I won't ban you. I specifically made after being banned for being "toxic" and being tired of SJWs running all the servers on Unturned.

Actually there is no sex trafficking at all. I've been interested in this subject a long time and looked everywhere into it. Show me any actual legitimate proof of this activity actually taking place in America. Show me where you can buy one. You can't. It doesn't even exist.

All of these words tip us off immediately that you are antifa. Nobody else uses any of these words.

If you ask the question in English, you've already lost. The only slaves in America are within immigrant groups.

You realize that alphabets control the drug trade right and that the whole issue about drugs, whether they are legal or illegal, never has been about public health and safety but the control of the supply. They don't care fundamentally if it's illegal or legal, they want the profit coming back to them though. They hate the idea of people making their own drugs. It's similar with sex trafficking and prostitution the government just wants their cut and if they make it or keep it illegal then that's just so they can demand higher prices for their services and all the money goes to fund CIA black projects. You think the government is not entirely composed of jewish pedophiles who don't give a shit about you? Think again.

Except it won't. Laws are only for goyim. They don't apply to jews.

This. It exists, but is extremely rare, there are a little over 1k confirmed cases per year:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_the_United_States#Types

Pajeets are less intelligent than AI even and we all know that in practice AI is fucking retarded.

PARENTS have to do something about the internet. The government can do something about irresponsible breeders instead.

Well see ya fags

Attached: terry is dead.png (649x472, 305.83K)

how old?

Exactly. That's exactly this bill is absolutely hopeless at actually combating sex trafficking.

How about you get a domain from non-US registrar and use a VPS from outside US such as CockBox?

If the end result is that they catch more % of terrorists, isn't that a good thing?
these recruiters will use something else anyway, it's kind of better when they use a shit platform without e2e encryption.

That's long been happening on German news websites.

heres the real kicker, how on earth is this going to be even enforceable

This.
The comment section on the german MSM sites are the best part. However it is heavily moderated to make sure as little wrongthink as possible is shown to the public.
Germany rivals the UK in how much of a police/nanny state it is.

Talk about an overreaction.

Thanks for the sticky. It's insane that congress reintroduces new censorhip bills, as if nothing happened.
"Oh, that other censorship bill?, well it was a different bill and things have changed, we're a more mature country now"

OUTRAGE FATIGUE
They know that the longer they reintroduce a bill the less likely it is that the general public objects to it.
Congress always takes outrage fatigue as a sign of tacit approval. Throw the bums out.

The only thing that is "fucked" is your rotten attitude.

Another bed-shitting defeatist

THE ABSOLUTE STATE Of CONGRESS

I didn't say you must give up but the site is better when it werks

wew

I hope you're joking. We literally have a who/e board dedicated to takedown notices. There's a canary literally in the footer of every page on this site.

Normal people use these words all the time.

If by normal, you refer to big city mulattos with big hair and gender studios degrees. They're normal enough to you.

Why don't we all just give up on clear net already? Is there no chan hosted via Tor hidden service? I just want to stop caring about this political horseshit.

... Let's be honest though, such a chan would probably be loaded with nothing but CP. I have my personal limits.

There's two main ones AFAIK.
I haven't seen any posted, though I have not visited them. You can see people looking to "trade" for it.

*for very long

Unless there are some people willing to moderate the shit.

Then start emailing Trump to tell him it's a bad idea. You could even do it from a dirty rusky email service to get him out of office if you want.
Come on Zig Forums, you know you want it.

GAB OPPOSES FOSTA
twitter.com/getongab/status/968269020314058752

SEX TRAFFICKING VICTIMS/SURVIVORS OPPOSE FOSTA
twitter.com/hashtag/SurvivorsAgainstFOSTA

TRANNIES OPPOSE FOSTA
twitter.com/TransEquality/status/968232282430599169

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

So how was the vote?