Chrome no longer allows you to take screenshots

Probably people were screen shotting unauthorized web sites already blocked from being archived.

Attached: 31636D78-3807-4A1C-8416-C5B32B5FBDCF.png (720x346, 29.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19150
androidpolice.com/2018/02/05/chrome-beta-65-blocks-intrusive-ads-adds-new-security-features-apk-download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19150
Try Iron

and tell me if it works

this is some kikery. i didn't know an app had the power to block screenshots on android. your not screenshotting the app your screenshotting the fucking screen.

maybe it isn't entirely kikery
androidpolice.com/2018/02/05/chrome-beta-65-blocks-intrusive-ads-adds-new-security-features-apk-download/

netflix apparantly does it too, which i'm sure pure kikery, but this claims it's only on incognito tabs. have you tried taking a screenshot on a regular tab?

i don't see where the security on this is, unless it's to block a webext from doing it, which is bullshit anyway

Attached: (((security))).png (742x466, 45.93K)

Firefox doesn't have these problems

Is it to stop RATs taking pictures of a compromised user's browsing activity?
If so, the RAT would probably have access to the cache, and any temporary files on the system anyway.
It is likely (((security))) for your own good.

That just decides to doxx you and not tell you it has connection problems on sites it doesn't want you to see instead.

proof or didn't happen

private mode isn't supposed to store cache in persistent storage, and accessing other application's private storage is not possible without root access on Android anyway.

Thank you 4chan

You can just take a photo, you know.

This. Especially considering the fact that Google removed their View Image button for the express purpose of forcing people to visit websites, I do not doubt one single bit that they're making this screenshot blocking API for the same exact purpose.

No spyware is constantly scanning and updating a database of cache contents, retard

Well unsurprisingly, you're wrong, reatrd. Getty images sued them to remove the "view image" button, not the screenshot feature.

Why can't you learn to program and contribute something useful

it could have if they want to enable it. tor browser on android has it enabled.

Luckily it's free software, so you can just publish a fork without it if you don't like it.

Netflix is proprietary. That means you don't have the freedom to remove that feature even though it's really easy to do.

Google Chrome is proprietary software that is based on open source, BSD licensed, Chromium project.

phoneposters cucked again

Someone make a userscript to add it back.

It's been a feature in SMSecure / Silence for a few years.

just right click the image and click on "open in new tab"

I want reddit to leave

It’s related to the DRM capabilities of Android I think.

ITS INCOGNITO MODE!'
Just tried it. Incognito mode blocks screenshots. Normal mode does not

Mystery solved tbh

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-21-00-27-40.png (1440x2560, 428.53K)

chrome confirmed pajeet tier

Or you could have read the thread, retard.

They are first trying this in incognito mode to gauge peoples reaction to this. If people don't disapprove Jewgle will ban screenshotting from Chrome altogether. This is nothing more than a plausibly deniable test run.

This is what happens if you use some other screenshot app besides the default system one

Attached: chrome incognito screenshot with com.flextrick.universalcropper.jpg (626x197 162.81 KB, 76.54K)