Finally get around to installing gentoo

Maybe next time I'll take the slack pill.

Attached: arthur.gif (500x321, 472.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: rtfm.png (964x208, 15.4K)

/thread

it is listed, there's no error here

Attached: equery.png (685x320, 43.26K)

now i am confuse? atm you have enabled the use flag. if you want to build it without qt support, you disable the use flag'

i'm not the OP. i have qt enabled, intentionally

But think of all the benefit you're getting from building those 163 X11 dependencies.

He didn't ask to emerge wpa_gui, only the wpa_supplicant...

Fuck off OP. You are a retard, admit it.

Maybe next time OP will post in >>>/g/

Fucking nigger using the GUI. GTFO

Attached: gtfo.webm (960x540, 695.25K)

I NEVER FUCKING ASKED FOR THE GUI OR SET A QT FLAG YOU TRIPLE DOUBLE NIGGER
EMERGE NET-WIRELESS/WPA_SUPPLICANT
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS FUCKING NIGGER DISTRO ASSUME BY DEFAULT THAT I WANT QT WITH THAT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: oedipus rex.webm (640x358, 717.19K)

The one thing you autists don't apply the KISS principle to is the one thing that could have saved the world from botnet.

PEBCAK

Because of all the power you use compiling everything.

Fuck off Carlos

Not my fault Gentoo is retarded?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-15 18-20-23.png (504x197, 17.86K)

Just wait until you get circular dependency hell.

There are not any hard dependencies on x libraries. You probably didn't check the use flags that were enabled.

y tho

I'll take the b8 since you are retarded.
$ cat /usr/portage/gentoo/net-wireless/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-2.6-r4.ebuild | grep IUSEIUSE="ap dbus eap-sim eapol_test fasteap gnutls +hs2-0 libressl p2p privsep ps3 qt5 readline selinux smartcard ssl tdls uncommon-eap-types wimax wps kernel_linux kernel_FreeBSD"
See how there is no '+' next to the qt5 flag. That means it isn't enabled by default.

Wtf, I hate Gentoo now

why does gentoo need qt anyways? i hope it's not cloveros

Take the Rat pill, install OpenBSD then use ifconfig and never touch X again.

Attached: 1512118710291.png (1200x1200, 484.48K)

gentoo doesn't require qt4/qt5/KDE or X. YOU fucking nigger have enabled it yourself. either via profile (kde? desktop?) or via make.conf or package.use

Attached: AAAA.gif (508x270, 465.14K)

You meant Wayland?

Look through the profile before setting it you absolute nigger.

Your IQcache flag is set too low to install Gentoo without running into problems, but set too high when it comes to making a thread in Zig Forums
So quit bitching and increase or decrease it as required. We don't care which.

That picture was the bait, and you took it. =^-^=

Attached: 1512120928520.png (600x600, 529.52K)

GO AWAY QUEER

Y-you too, licensefag!

Attached: 1512122709169.jpg (540x533, 83.44K)

just fucking USE="-qt5" emerge wpa_supplicant retard

A bit off topic, but why are Gentoo people so toxic? If you ask something not entirely obvious the answer is always:
Do you have to be angry 24/7 to be Gentoo user?

OP didn't ask, OP started blaming gentoo for his own incompetence. I can understand that he didn't look at use flags before emerging, but when you don't even bother to emerge --ask and then blame gentoo for not being able to read your mind, don't expect pople to be kind.

USE flags and being able to customize your install however you want is the main selling point of Gentoo. And OP didn't even bother to read that much about it. In fact, the Gentoo handbook even has a spot dedicated to USE flags, explains what they do, and tells you to spend some time customizing them after you select your profile. And your profile is just a preset of USE flags, for the most part.

I really doubt OP actually installed Gentoo, because the handbook explains all of this, and like I said, USE flags are one of the main parts of Gentoo.

Actually, the more I think about it, I don't think OP even installed gentoo. The default profile for Gentoo doesn't even pull in X or a DE. OP is either lying or a complete fucktard, here's what I think could have happened

The whole thread smells like fake bullshit.

I was no talking about specifically about OP, that why I wrote "A bit off topic". There are a few Gentoo related thread on this board and every time a genuine question comes up Gentoo graybeard gets annoyed. It seems silly to be so uptight and such elitist.

your expected to rtfm first
gentoo has issues with packages, off the top of my head virtualbox-guest-utilities is fucked, firefox is completely missing the data choices tab (you have to disable telemetry in about:config), etc, but this is not one of them.

This is 8ch you nigger monkey retard, if you want something less toxic so you don't accidentally get your feelings hurt then go back to >>>/g/ weak faggot

Use wicd, OP. Its much easier.
wicd.sourceforge.net/download.php

Attached: 402px-Wicd_client_logo.svg.png (402x480, 25.23K)

lmao I hope you are joking user.

Does it support PEAP? Thats pretty much the only reason to use wpa_supplicant. Otherwise its a simple 'ifconfig if nwid Network wpakey secrets up' then a 'dhclient if' or whatever.

This was considered bad form even before Iphones were a thing
3/10

the future guise

Attached: bench2.png (624x478 21.46 KB, 18.61K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Windows just werks.

it really doesn't

Speaking of, I'm about to install gentoo, I've built all of the packages I'll need in a VM and I'll set up a binhost with them so I'm not locked out of my computer for 12 hours in the process of compiling my shit, will the fact I compiled everything in a VM fuck anything up when I use it on bare metal?, I can't think of a reason why it would but I just found it strange that none does this.

Do you want Zig Forums to be full of retarded threads?

almost every distro does this

I meant noone*

Because I'm not locked out when even when I'm installing. Why wouldn't you do the whole install over ssh from another machine? Or from a chroot on you current OS when you only have one computer.