Microsoft Working on Netflix for Video Games

web.archive.org/web/20180317035205/http://fortune.com/2018/03/16/microsoft-netflix-for-video-games/

Oh boy, cloud based gaming

Attached: microsoft-xbox-2.jpg (782x521, 95.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8FnM__04s
archive.li/CmJ47
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm wondering what's taking them so long.

VGaaS

youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8FnM__04s
TL;DW: several companies tried it, all failed. Internet just isn't fast enough.

Hell, even streaming from your desktop to your couch over LAN is troublesome, the fuck are they thinking.

if the kike's in charge of poosoft could they would stream the whole OS off the cloud like they do with office. give it 20 years

they probably bought a few of those companies out and shut it down.

this will come out in reality when their xbox 9000 streams all game files from the cloud (encrypted) piece by piece as needed, so you don't even get a copy of the DRM infested game anymore with your $50 rental purchase from the steam store.

Hm, doing all the rendering on the client side and only using Cloud™ for remote data storage might work. though it is not very exciting technology-wise

Nigger, as far as games go, streaming is the ultimate DRM.

Attached: Subaru_03.jpg (1920x1080, 63.71K)

that's the point, and why they're pushing in this area

Valve better start solving the 1,700 issues in their steam-for-linux github bug tracker and investing more money into Linux.

Attached: sega-channel.png (640x480 4.76 KB, 38.64K)

It won't work in America or Canada, and there are some European countries with American-tier internet too, I've heard Germoney namedropped on this issue. Same reason OnLive or whatever the fuck it was called didn't work. Microsoft better throw a few billion at greedy ISPs, with a gun to their throat if they pocket the money like every other time someone has handed ISPs money to improve infrastructure, before even dreaming about streaming games as a service.

Also the BS-X (SatellaView) in Japan.

Thanks to that eye catching headline most people here are missing the point of the article it's based on

>The new division is designed to entice developers and game publishers to use Microsoft’s cloud services.

>Microsoft wants more and more game developers to use its cloud, especially as games become more connected across devices for their multiplayer experiences.

They're competing with Amazon that recently put out an open source game engine that can only run on AWS and Google with their upcoming cloud gaming service called Yeti for Android.

A game streaming service for consumers probably isn't even in the works considering both their paltry selection of exclusive game IPs they own and the rapidly declining share of the gaming market they have. The technical infeasibility of it is the least of their concerns.

The xbone was originally designed to require an always on internet connection for no real technical reason, they don't even need game streaming to push DRM.

Attached: 102713.jpg (1024x576, 89.02K)

Which didn't do that well. Anyway it's not comparable to the modern game streaming idea since you actually run the games on your SNES. Some of them have even been preserved.

Anyway game streaming has to be the worst form of DRM ever because it's much more expensive to host the hardware and stream them than any "lost" sales ever would be, aside from the mediocre experience and latency.

Attached: truth.jpg (800x1200, 460.06K)

Can't wait when Microsoft finally drowns in its own shit.
I have this nagging suspicion that faggotry of such degree might be aimed at subverting the Asian market. Netfux has recently begun investing in animu and nips aren't especially known for owning beefy gayman rigs, so if Macrokike plays their cards right with instant no-effort VN/Eroge/Dating sim/Gachashit streaming on anything with wifi they could achieve a sensible foothold amid Asian normalfags.

Attached: onlive_game_system_microconsole_and_wireless_controller.jpg (1280x989, 272.5K)

They're pajeets, what did you expect?

If modern vidya is so crappy why do you support the right to steal it?

Cloud-based DRM is the final solution to the unauthorized copying problem. Let the normalfags rot in the shithole they paid to build.

another walled garden, this time in cloud
lol

I see a biblical reference here

My freedoms to run, modify and share code are my freedoms, no matter what publishers like to fantasize about.

It already exists. You mean Playstation Now?

you can't hack or pirate something if you don't have it

GAYmers are faggots, and there's already an endless library of older games from the last 3 decades that nobody can possibly finish within their lifetime. The state of the game industry is stale and degenerate. Large studios make low-effort, mass-appeal crap for nigger cattle, and indie-devs mostly just try to make a quick buck with shitty unity games. I hope there's another crash and it tanks like TV.

Attached: Download_an_internet_card.png (642x305, 36.33K)

archive.li/CmJ47