Mastodon Friends

Any of you use Mastodon? I'd like to make some friends through it but don't know anyone else who uses it. Furthermore, I want to get my IRL friends to start using it but need some experience with it before I make that happen.

If anything, I'll be your friend. For free.

Attached: 1200px-Mastodon_Logotype_(Simpl.png (1200x1289, 47.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/res/789979.html
mashable.com/2017/04/06/eugen-rochko-mastodon-interview/
mastodon.social/terms
community.highlandarrow.com/notice/802708
mastodon.social/@Gargron/21080307
social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
community.highlandarrow.com/notice/806914
github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
github.com/nolanlawson
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll be your friend for $15/month

If you watch my streams and join my IRC channel I'll download it and add you.

Can I pay in Jewbucks? It's money I send as an attachment by email.

I'll watch your streams. Don't use IRC though.

Throw in an autohost and you've got a deal.

Will do what's your twitch username?

Tell me how to make this thing work and how to add you, then I'll PM it to you.

Alright. I'm going to join a mastodon instance and dick around with it. I'll let you know in a bit.

No. GNU/Social is superior to it.
You shouldn't be using social media at all to be frank.

Gnu social? How many people even use that?

Do you know why OP made this thread?

Even the shills don't know how to make it work. Sad!

Attached: cat cross.png (430x482, 318.88K)

I don't want to pay hosting fees. But I have joined a community and it's kind of fun to fuck around with people.

So is the offer still good or what?

8ch.net/tech/res/789979.html

You mean the fork of the decade old social network gnu social ?
The fork of gnu social who got massively shilled by fake news journalist ?
>mashable.com/2017/04/06/eugen-rochko-mastodon-interview/
The fork of gnu social who datamines it's users ?
>mastodon.social/terms
The fork of gnu social made by a tyrannical antifa furie dev ?
>community.highlandarrow.com/notice/802708
>mastodon.social/@Gargron/21080307
The fork who DDOS gnu social instances multiple times ?
social.heldscal.la/notice/1967132
The fork that didn't respect RFCs so that gnu social devs couldn't know how to adapt their instances ?
community.highlandarrow.com/notice/806914
The fork that is actually using blocklist made by a Microsoft employee ?
>github.com/tootcafe/blocked-instances
>github.com/WitchesTown/InstanceInternals/blob/master/Blocklist.md
The Microsoft employee who is also a W3C member ?
>github.com/nolanlawson
And by coincidence the original protocol of gnusocial ostatus is being replaced and accepted at W3C by another one which does not make things better.

I can fucking go one on this subject.
The only reason that mastodon is more than a small fork made by a sjw faggot is that some corp or gov nigger thought that it could be a menace and shilled the worst piece of code maintained by a greedy patreon communist who has no morales and then extend that control with other drones around so that the network gradually turns into another twitter.
It's just another way of control if you want people to not get trapped by it they need to use a gnu social instance and federate normally.

all meme

who are you trying to fool, oldfriend?

Can you actually prove it is a fork? I was fairly certain it was not. Also those are instances of Mastodon, not all instances of it are like that. A lot of instances federate with everything including GNU Social ones.

he's a codelet and thinks using the same protocol is "forking"

i browse madtodon just for loli hentai

Unfortunately being naive doesn't make you save our IRC logs and cap everything you discuss with them when you don't suspect these people to be scumbabs.
Being a fork or not doesn't change that the forker/creator of mastodon is a vile person and that people behind him are actually abusing is position to divert the fediverse from being a positive force on the internet.
And if you think that it's a positive force then you have to think back and lurk more because since mastodon's upbringing by the advertisers it as only worsened the network, before that people from any ideology could discuss without the twitter effect, there was no massive bans made solely on speculations or dogma, there was no datamining, their was no false "private" messaging, it was just people and nerds discussing publicly.

haha you never discussed or worked with gargamel on irc even before "mastodon" was a thing.
I sometimes envy you people, ignorance is truly bliss when you are persuaded that the people you help are doing it for a positive effect.

You had me, I'm downloading that shit just to spite you retarded faggot.

Attached: 69b1ed7e1e163800f6cc1de4b79e5f8c13d2f37e0c513502fa0b3ebda9229130.png (468x332, 118.21K)

He probably meant a fork in the protocol as it is not 100% compatible with GNU / Social.

This. It's a trap

Except that's a lie. The protocol accepted by the W3C was made by MediaGoblin devs based off of GNUsocial. Nothing to do with Mastodon.
But since you can't make a coherent argument and instead resort to "muh jew nigger le sjw" you probably don't even know what a protocol is.

user of mastodon for a year it's very good. I'm about to self host pleroma, it's lighter and working exactly the same as mastodon.

No that's how you wish to see the facts, of course GS's protocol isn't replaced it's in "mastodon".
Webber's participation in this EEE scheme is known, ActivityPub doesn't bring anything new and the extension of ideas to have a fully fused video torrent platform that's behind all of this is ludicrously insane and insecure, same shit with the so called private message system that Gargamel integrated in it there's nothing private, all of this is only helping dataminers in general and ISPs are going to feast on the data the most.

There's wasn't even a mention of jews or social justice people.
You are free to not like these facts but there's too much shit in the background of this to say that there isn't anything strange, and please don't try to find shitty excuse like
especially when there's no mention of them, the only mention was about megacorps and sjws.
Megacorps are a menace to freedom that's nothing new. And sjw are a problem they are zealots and puppets to megacorps and each time that there's conflict or open their mouth they prove themselves to be so.

bump