Microsoft Bans any Offensive Speech in Skype, as Well as Other Services

archive.is/8yTax

Attached: DXXG9F3WsAAJZ3G.mp4 (450x586, 305.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-016-1044-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what a clever way to steal from people

go here:
twitter.com/hashtag/paypig
twitter.com/hashtag/skype

this is probably atleast part of the reasoning, camwhores have taken over the skype hashtag for years.

how long until this cancer spreads to FreeBSD or GNU/Linux?

freeBSD is probably fucked, but linux is much more easily forked.

That's the magic of free software; you just use a distro that doesn't do shit like this.

I see your point anons. Hopefully this crap doesn't weasel its way into the big distros, especially the enterprise distros.

Who in the world still uses Windows?

Every normalfag in existence who isn't a Mac hipster.

Whew, slimy. Really fuckin' slimy. Nothing in this statement can be considered a lie if contracted agents watch or listen to your Skype call.

Microsoft? Slimy? It can't be true.!

Not true. You would be amazed how many normalfags, especially poz from high schools/universities use poobuntu or even arch, which is claimed to be "hard to install", therefore "hardcore" distro for webshits.

Attached: 045.png (900x578, 425.6K)

Cool, but it's discord i want to die.

I use Arch Linux because it is minimal L0L.

Get ouf of your CS bubble man. All normalfaggots use win/mac and even out of the tech savvy only a few commit to linux and even only a fraction of these then doesn't use ubuntu/mint or the like.
Hell I'm in engineering and I see people writing their fucking PhD thesis in Word. It's absolutely ridiculous. I overheard some PhD candidate at lunch tell to her peers that the numbering got fucked up and now she will be doing it all manually. I don't even have words to descibe it. But if I can tell one thing for sure then it is that I have yet to meet an actual fucking arch user in person.

How?
I'm only an undergrad (physics) and I have courses where we're required to write our reports in TeX. How do you get to a PhD program still using Word?

This. Even the highest in hierarchy only does emails to overlook and nothing else.
It's all about convenience. No one is bothered to install arch or any distro but those savvys who have probably stumbled upon windows task scheduler botnet
.>>890707
Anyone who bought a OEM new device.
Actually it's a whole mess to install linux on a windows machine now due to

Daily reminder that the CEO is already a pajeet although it's the patent mafia these cult family belong into that jewed the fuck out of a chinese who actually designed this "OS" almost all people use/d today. Like how facebook is just "hire ideasfag and be first to patent the shit he made and cut him off entirely" system flaw.
Old news since win 8
It happens but you can always run recovery toolsets
The problem is that keys stored are in the same service host process that manage network - all of your encryption keys are sent over the network even your wifi password and drive encryption password
Cloud my ass

I've never seen 1 normalfag use Linux.
except for my parents but I installed it

That was an evil move.
The jew has show his true colors.

I'll uninstall MS Office now. Even through it was cracked. Already have Libie installed anyway.

Attached: 84b8d59ecd850c60804cf0c8236425f298d3ba87b6ffd9fc8a3fbd2e89468b7f.png (729x824, 77.31K)

furry trash

Make a better one instead of shitposting.

Attached: e6437ca48f23c86f00ec020e47a6d04e3a02a844ae9c716f192ad1396b56e7d4.jpg (600x922, 61.32K)

If services keep pushing their luck with even more draconian (((TOS))), growing numbers of people are going to get burned, and this will eventually culminate in movements to fight back against said (((TOS))).
I mean, there is an unreal disconnect with real life. If you go to Walmart and some faggot bumps their cart into yours, you won't get kicked out for calling them a careless dipshit. At best, security will laugh at the other faggot complaining. On online websites, you'd get banned on the spot for "offensive language".

Gaymers, anyone who needs actually useful software for work :^)

A teacher told me to hand in an assignment in a PDF file produced from TeX. He just told us to install Texlive or MikTeX and left us on our own, without bothering to provide any reference material or guide. He eventually caved in after enough people complained learning TeX was 'too hard' and told us to use MS Word (not even Libre or Open Office) math formulas instead.
I don't know how he expected Kikebook-obsessed normies to study and learn a typesetting language on their own without any handholding.

Have fun trying to edit files with those 2 (or 3?) proprietary OOXML (((transitional formats))) that Office defaults to instead of the ODF or OOXML strict formats.
Also reminder that only post-2013 MS Office supports OOXML strict, and reminder that MS Office has half-assed support for ODF formats.

M$ may not have good ODF support. But LibreOffice has decent M$ document support.

It has billion dependencies and only produces PDF (a printing format) if i remember correctly.
Not saying one should use WYSIWYG for such things but since everything is digital nowadays I don't see the point in it.

t. brainlet
You can have WYSIWYG with Tex in emacs btw.

It only produces paper (it's main feature is that it can arrange the letters to fill the lines and pages) and if you want it to look good you'll have those "include" dependencies.
Special characters are all covered by the Unicode standard and there are enough better solutions then Tex or LaTeX etc..

Ups. It was about physics. Well then, ok.

Mine handed us the tex file for one of his recent papers and told us to figure it out from there.

Attached: But, what.png (239x416, 65.28K)

Office has decent ODF support. I occasionally have to edit my libre office documents with word and almost never run into issues

he's talking about typesetting mathematical formulas you fucking cubiclemonkey brainlet

Attached: 460543b61c8991315fdb617fa22e0835d05f7af844616e164c7231a00103ba4b.jpg (1672x1672, 157.19K)

Why would you write a paper in Excel?

The only math I've had to do in a document was for creating graphs in school, and writing up my receipts for taxes.

You can also have the best of both worlds and use Lyx, but only if you can keep your autism and superiority complex in check. Lyx provides you with good WYSIWYG but produces pure Latex-based outputs. I've used it for ages and it is just fucking rock solid. Even with documents with hundrets of pages, images, external links and dependencies. Never crashes and has even a good documentation. I use it on loonix with a nice tool chain consisting of matlab, libre office and some more. But as I said. Text-based-only neets with superiority complexes need not to apply as this is real just-get-your-work-done shit without any ricing of front-ends or spending ages to tweak some init files. yes i'm slightly mad

Attached: latex.png (800x440, 41.68K)

I like how they're unwilling to clarify or define offensive language. As far as you're concerned saying "I had scrambled eggs for breakfast" could be considered offensive hate speech if you're talking to a vegan and then microsoft just confiscates your money and accounts.

Microsoft is just pushing itself into further irrelevancy though so good on them

Lel you weren't kidding. Somehow I'm more inclined to believe the skypes used this as an excuse to justify censorship.

Attached: skype hashtag camwhores.png (904x940, 510.46K)

This is good Microsoft marketing. I don't care for them jacking people's money though.

heh

It's different at the PhD level, but in general, there's a lot of professors today that demand .docx Word documents.

genomebiology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13059-016-1044-7

I forgot about that happening.

What's the dashed line?

MS Word Complexity threshold i think.

Criminally unchecked post

Attached: 20170826_tysontan_libbie_001_color_008_impress.png (2644x2941, 715.28K)

Oh. Thank you.

What if systemd enforces shit like this? Distros without it allegedly being luddite residues of a bygone era and whatnot.

So MSFT """telemetry""" department is going to listen in on literally every conversation on Skype, and arbitrarily ban user accounts depending on what they say? If two friends argue over Skype and happen to call each other asshole, then the MSFT "Ministry of Morality" will ban them upon witnessing that? What about companies which use Skype as a sort of internal company communicator?

Because it's easier for them to copypaste your work into their publications then

Best case is using a neural network thing that will give some false positives.
Worst case is a ban word list that will give a shitton of false positives.

Well no shit, of course they don't have agents listening in 24/7 on every Skype conversation. Not when you can automatically record any conversation and have an AI analyze it automatically instead.

Saying that Microsoft agents are not listening to Skype conversations is like saying that guns kill people and not people kill people. The end result is the same, you are just hiding behind a technicality.

This isn't surprising at all considering we're talking about Microsoft services. How Skype became popular with the goy is a mystery to me. Have they actually banned people for using offensive language in private conversations which Microsoft claim to not be monitoring or are we just talking about some random text they have in some legal document? Can't be bothered to skim through all this.

skype at one time was its own entity and not a microsoft product

oh shit i forgot

It was also peer-to-peer before Microsoft got their hands on it and gutted it, introducing a backend that all of your messages and calls pass through.

Spells disaster to me,
after win10 beta testing, telemetry and now speech control, you might as well install anything else,
Windows is more cucked than ever

B-but muh gaymez!!!

I support this. Retarded goyim should be killed by their kike overlords so we can fight with jews head on without having morons slowing us down.

Reminder that there's literally no reason to downgrade to Windows 10.

Attached: windows-7_284992_full.jpg (1279x799, 145.43K)

Let it go, user.

Besides linux I'm running Windows Thin PC for muh older games. 32-bit only but supported until 2021.

Attached: thinn.jpg (1366x768, 89.08K)

I mean, is there anything from the Xp-era worth playing that doesn't run in Wine at this point?

Attached: fa64fbd3c1cb5dab95beb45606f0ad5d.png (1280x1989, 2.74M)

Wine 3.0 is actually pretty good, there are some obscure titles that refuse to run properly - that's where dual booting comes in.
It's not like I've paid for windows since Win98FE

Attached: 98.jpg (768x1024, 70.53K)

bump