Unsafe Firefox operations

Since I am officially not welcome on the Mozilla bug tracker, I'll just drop it here and maybe this eventually reaches the right people.
So, let's play a game. When you choose "forget about this site" in the context menu of an item in the history window, do you think that the saved passwords for this site (if you had any) would be kept?
The answer is: no, you will lose them
There's also no confirmation dialog when doing this, nothing.
Do you guys think that this is good for users?

Attached: mozilla bugzilla.png (1024x1024 95.51 KB, 171.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Firefox
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You probably shouldn't have chosen NiggerSlayer1488 as your username.

It wasn't even remotely as offensive as your example.
(when I posted it in another thread about the ban itself, more than a half of anons admitted it's not offensive at all)

Yes, if you tell the browser to remove all data related to a website it should remove not some but all data related to that website, retard.

When individual items are removed from history, this doesn't delete passwords. If you look at the "Clear Recent History" dialog (which can also wipe all history), it doesn't even have a checkbox for passwords — and it keeps them.
So this exception seems illogical and dangerous.

Well, I would expect it to delete the passwords. But you're right, it's inconsistent with Clear Recent History. However, FF has like 100 more pressing issues.

Interesting. Any examples?

kill yourself

I would expect it to try to remove all evidence that I visited the site.
So, no.

Given that you're posting here, and that they mention things besides your username, their assessment of you was probably accurate.

I didn't troll there.

Are you implying that posting on 8ch.net is illegal or offensive in itself? Or why do you make that conclusion?

How about this? github.com/pyllyukko/user.js/
We shouldn't need it.

I'm implying that people who post here are likely to be people who troll with bad faith comments and offensive usernames, in a Bayesian sense.

The way things are going, it's probably going to be soon.

go back to reddit

Do you remember the Libreoffice thing?

How about the fact that they just destroyed their add-on system, the only thing left about Firefox that was still good?

You don't need that script at all for Firefox to work.

What bothers me more is that cookies become invisible when you use private mode:

Is this website storing information (cookies) on my compute? No.

Plugins don't see the cookies either. So are they still there, visible only to the site? They must be there somewhere. Or else how do Google, YouTube and forums remember my logged-in state?

They are gone when all private windows are closed.

A "forget about this site" sounds stupid in the first place. What does it even do when webscaletech.com uses cdn.webscaletech.com or webscaletech-cdn.com?

You mean when The Document Foundation ignored its own rules, made up new rules to disqualify certain candidates halfway through the vote, and had one or two traced candidates from dubious sources in the final round before pulling the plug and putting the mascot idea on hold indefinitely? They honestly deserved it.

I participated in it. I'm not saying it was wrong. I'm just pointing out it happened.

As if google still needs a cookie to identify those with accounts.

Cookie AutoDelete can delete cookies and LocalStorage from Private Windows.

What's offensive about being an upstanding nigger slayer?

In many countries it is. You think a german is allowed by the occupying government to post on a website full of illegal opinions and swastikas without saying how they were used to slay 6 gorillion kike babies? I think we're also illegal in Russia, but due to the loli boards.

Attached: in-the-early-hours-of-wednesday-morning-officers-in-all-14294720.png (500x397, 110.02K)

Attached: 3e36f20c040fd0389bfa0ceae2c60beebd6f0929bb87bc96fd7c7466b0fd1cc7.jpg (600x694, 60.16K)

one of them motherfuckers literally told me to "fuck off" when the issue about dropping a bunch of platforms was raised and then implemented. now you know what you get from them for trying to help.
mozilla isn't what it used to be

Yes, of-fucking-course, and you're retarded if you're using a browser as your password manager.

By yes I meant yes it should delete everything.

for example?

take a look for yourself at pozzilla's explicitly obtuse bugtracker, a marvel of modern software design
bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Firefox

let's start with with about 50 categories and no obvious way to just start looking at bugs, pick one of these obscure bug categories, let's for the sake of argument choose "Core", surely that's a good one!

Here we are, 100 more categories! and still no bug reports! Okay, let's choose "Canvas: WebGL" and see what we get.
"This result was limited to 500 bugs. See all search results for this query. "
Fuck it let's click through one more time.
" 1098 bugs found."
let's sort by date

Here's one that hasn't been touched since 2013, that was 5 years ago!, let's see what it says

"Any update on this? The version this bug is in is now the release version"

Now, let's see if we can find any actual security problems inside of this cancerous mountain of obscurity.

Attached: test_bad_mipmap.jpg (901x918 116.95 KB, 261.05K)

here we go, let's try "Security"
312 bugs found.
let's again sort by changed
"2006-02-13"!
here's one that looks like it's straight from the CIA

what the fuck is this? let's look at the attachments. "three sample testcases"

"Ensure that when a bug is filed with sensitive flag (e.g. security-sensitive), the bug mail is not sent to people who are watching the reporter, bug assignee, or QA contact, if the sensitive bug policy does not allow that."

Here we have the CIA on the 14 year old still open bug report making sure that when a bug is labeled "sensitive" that nobody knows about it.

Attached: CIA2.png (921x903 148.38 KB, 160.77K)

absolutely fucking disgusting
>>>/g/

let's take a look at the next one in the list
"Access denied exception thrown when loading popup images."
"

Reported:
17 years ago
Modified:
11 years ago
"
This bug report was first reported 17 years ago and is still open.

Let's see what the last few comments were.

17 years ago:
Moving the most time-critical bugs and minor security fixes to 0.9.7
Target Milestone: mozilla0.9.6 → mozilla0.9.7
17 years ago
Target Milestone: mozilla0.9.7 → mozilla1.1
16 years ago
Futuring.
Target Milestone: mozilla1.1alpha → Future
11 years ago
Assignee: security-bugs → dveditz
QA Contact: ckritzer → toolkit

so here we have a situation where a bug was put off, and put off, and put off, and pushed from version to version, until finally they said fuck it, unassigned it, and stuck it back into the "New category" and here it sits until the version of the OS it was filed for, Windows 2k, is irrelevant.

Attached: cancer4.png (894x716 145.17 KB, 112.75K)

CP is illegal and prosecuted in russia you fucking dumbass american faggot

really at this point there are actually about 2000 issues but I'm just used to most of them so I can't even list them without thinking hard

i mean it depends on the use case. some of us are not retarded enough to use the web for security sensitive purposes

Since when "anonymous" is an offensives username ?

Dude do you EVEN understand the nature of trolling, if there's bad faith it's not trolling it's just being a dickhead, being a troll is something that only pisses people who are constantly considering everything to be a extremely serious discussion. You sound a lot like the gullible people who read a lot of bait article garbage and can't understand shitposting, bait and humor in general.

no you're wrong, when in the history window it makes no sense to remove anything other than entries from said history and that would be urls only

Come on guys, there's more important things to do than fix bugs.

Gotta get that diversity level up and throw money at pointless fucking projects.

false, if you unstall ublock+umatrix
interesting i though t it was me having crap toaster lol
im jelly at people who effortlessly have 10+ open tabs

lmao get a computer newer than 2006, loser

this is obviously bullshit.

bump