PYRA FINALLY RELEASED

GET THE FUCK IN HERE
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING
YEAR OF THE PYRA DESKTOP NOW

Attached: cool ass skelly bro.gif (1209x362 537.3 KB, 71.82K)

great, the technology of 7 years ago available today for the low low price of $700.

you can get a fucking PI or other SBC that's faster then these pieces of shit. it would have been exciting if they released these 5 years ago.

is this thing even libre?
for $700 with such shitty spec's there better not be a single binary blob on this thing.

You wanna keep a naked circuit card in your pocket and whip it out for on-the-go computing?

just because they slapped a plastic case around it doesn't make it worth $700. i can almost see it if this thing was libre, but if it isn't then there's zero advantages to this over a regular smartphone that's been rooted and some minimal effort taken to remove google.

Besides the physical keyboard and the actually useful OS?

that or a switch for that matter. switch is half the price twice as fast and also can run linux

*insert Xenoblade 2 joke here*

you can get a case for a tablet that folds open like a wallet and includes a thin keyboard, and boot debian side by side with android. clearly that's a shitty solution, but $700 is a fucking joke if it's not libre.

Could get any kind of UMPC of netbook. I mean shit, 7 years old crap for $700, for worse performance than a 7" UMPC from the same period, fuck off

How many UMPCs newer than the 90s are there besides the GPD botnet?

You're too low IQ to be able to use a UMPC or equivalent netbook, stick to Windows 10 "for gaming"

Fuck, OP, you really got me.

Should I watch Rick and Morty to have a high IQ like you??? Serious question.

fuck you OP

shit. that was really lowkey

You are retarded

I mean since you have such a high IQ and all.

This. You can get GPD WIN 2 for 700$ and it's at least thrice as powerful.

WIN 2 fully supports Linux out of the box without any issues, unlike the pocket and win1. And it's BIOS isn't shit. So it's fine.

I was excited for this years ago but at this point it just seems overpriced and underpowered.

Attached: 1522251972230.jpg (247x351, 12.63K)

hooray

wait nvm i thought this was the messaging protocol, boo

IIRC it can be, if you don't mind 3D accel and 3G modem not working. These are the only things that require blobs, and the GLES blob is userspace-only.

Wait for the CPU upgrade then.

By the time that's done it'll be just as obsolete and the other parts won't be available anymore.

The CPU and RAM are on a separate daughterboard so only that needs to be redesigned and put into production. It's an order of magnitude lesser effort than designing the whole device. I expect it out by 2020 at the latest.

If that's true, how do I not into debianiiii with my For HD 10?

Attached: Femisapien-a21.JPG (922x1396, 78.13K)

They're too late.
I already got myself a gpdwin and installed gentoo on it.
Explain to me why i should buy this underpowered piece of shit when i already have something that works better.

Attached: 2345756857.jpg (791x719, 83.25K)

Not giving money to chinks.

Prya is German. Also Pajeets are arguably better than Chinks.

I'm gonna wait till someone else has this in hand. The wait time made people think this damn thing was vaporware. Too little, too late. They should have made it far more powerful during all that redesign.

Chinks are good.

Good thing about the Pyra is that they realized they were going to take a lot of time and therefore created a breakout board for the SoC along with an easily replaceable screen.
The Pyra platform will stay this way, in a year or two you'll just buy a new CPU board instead of everything.

They always do this, autistic Germans spend ages designing it until it's perfect.

Attached: Pyra-CPU.png (1000x463, 507.36K)

I want to hear your arguement as to why they are better. Sure chink IQ tests are exxagerated based on a non-average of their huge population. But what's your arguement the poo in the loo is on average a better programmer?

Ok so it can be libre, what exactly is it? A phone? A mobile computer with GSM/CDMA modem in it? What merit does this have over buying a phone to put replicant on it?

I disagree but I will give the chinks credit for producing and selling high spec hardware for half the price popular companies; chinkshit is good, chinks are not

problem is their autism might have cost them the market. I don't wish them ill on it either, I was and still somewhat am interested, but the long wait made me spend my money on an alternative and I am not sure that the device would still suit my purposes.

It's a mobile computer with 4G, you can use it as a phone.
user serviceable
modular
upgradeable
physical keyboard
joystick + gamepad

Pajeets are physically unpleasant, chinks are not

I'd guess Indians might be better at communicating, not really at programming itself, but whatever.

Apparently there is going to be exclusive games and software for it but that's about it. And I bet it wouldn't take too much effort to run them on a standard GNU/Linux distro.

Q predicted this

Somebody please explain to me why I need to get one.....this is pathetic. I can make this shit tier garbage with a raspberry pi and some duct tape. Fuck my life.