Hey Zig Forums...

Hey Zig Forums, I've been looking for any social media alternatives for my family and friends to use since thanks to the facebook shit a lot of them have gotten really spooked and it would be a good opportunity to get them off botnet once and for all. So I've been looking around for different kinds of sites and came upon the Diaspora Foundation (diasporafoundation.org/) I also found one that shilled privacy for a fee but this one interested me since it seems that it uses decentralized "pods" used by users so it seems like it would be more secure and private as well as being free. However I still came here due to A: The completely free thing seems to be almost too good to be true which I later found that it got most of its funding from a kick starter. B: Zuckerberg himself funded the kickstarter with an undisclosed amount along with god knows who else. C. During 2011 there was a bit of shady shit going on with the company suddenly asking for money in a donation campaign, the pay-pal freezing for no reason half-way through and then just a bit later the Creator, Ilya Zhitomirskiy killed himself with an exit bag with no real discernible motive. The next year in 2012 the staff announced a new direction with the program in improving the chat and that same year all development went in the hands of the community. Call me paranoid but its still possible to mess with open-source stuff and put stuff under the radar right?

Attached: diaspora.png (215x234, 10.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freezepeach.xyz/
shitposter.club/
joinmastodon.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stuff like systemd exists, so yes open-source is vulnerable to agendas.

Install gentoo

I'm looking for something normalfag friendly since My family doesn't even know what an OS is much less linux or gentoo.

How could much could screwing around with systemd affect your data with an open-source program?

It can't because I switched to a systemd-less OS. Suck it, cianiggers!

for good reasons
Social networks suck. It's not a good idea to share your vacation pictures with everyone let alone upload them to some server hosted by a person you don't even know.
Setting up a private XMPP server would work, right?
It can support instant messaging, file sharing, VoIP, video conferences and so on

This. Diaspora is well meant, but it's like telling someone with diabetes to switch from Coke to Pepsi because it has a gram of sugar less per ounce.

You need to make it clear to them whatever they upload to the internet will be used like in Facebook's case, they need to reduce their data-sharing as a whole.

For normies the best advice is to switch from WhatsApp (which gives Facebook access to ALL contact data, from numbers, birthdays, addresses to each individual call and SMS and the corresponding time)
to Signal. Sharing photos should be done selectively anyway.

>>>/g/
1. If your family wanted to be spooked they would have read the fakebook terms and conditions they agreed to. They didn't read it because they are comfortable with fakebook fucking them sideways until the (((MSM))) told them to have a problem with said fucking recently.
2. All is botnet. This is a constant, unless you are making your hardware and software.
3. Translating your question into Zig Forums it says "Do you know of any botnet social media sites that will screw my family like facebook, and that I will be unaware of screwing me like facebook until some point in the future?". No I don't.
4. If it's free, you are the product.

Serious answer; is to brew your own and run your own BBS or imageboard off the clearnet.

kek

Email.

if you want to know about latest technology than follow me.

yes I'm sure a word very commonly associated with jews means this software won't be corrupted with jewry. Get real! These software names always telegraph their intentions, like what kind of name is d.cord? obviously it means chaos.... but why would a communications program be called that?

Use a GNUsocial or Mastodon instance.
>m-m-m-m-m-m-muh lolicon instances are le CENSURSHIP in mastodon m-m-m-m-muh alt right le instances le CENSURSHOP in le mastodon (((parentheses))))
Nobody but sick fucks care about those instances. Mastodon is good enough for most people, GNUsocial meets everyone else's needs. Everything else is for horsefuckers,

Attached: 29b.gif (500x281, 2.56M)

I don't know how up to date this is but here are some options.

Attached: social-alternatives-v1.0.png (1300x3299, 853.42K)

Riot.im

none of the FOSS social networks are close to ready because they look like shit and their mobile apps are shit. this may not mean anything to you, but for normalfags this is everything. the closest thing is mastodon because the site actually looks good and so do the mobile apps.

That is why the faggots are in their current position of wanting to switch to new botnet & begin the joy of being screwed over once again.

>>>/poltech/

G-N-U-S-O-C-I-A-L
freezepeach.xyz/
shitposter.club/

stop bitching and join mastodon.

joinmastodon.org

there's also systemD free distros like gentoo, void, and devuan you dumb nigger monkey

So?

It was a (likely small) donation that came with no strings attached, and it was just a PR move on Zuckerberg's part, to say "I'm not afraid of this competitor, see, I'll even donate to their cute little project."

It turns out that $200,000 doesn't go very far when 3+ people need to pay bills and pay for office space in SF. Again, so?

PayPal sucks. Again, so?

You don't need to capitalize the word creator here. He was a pretty cool guy, but he wasn't God.
Depression.

O God, not improving chat!?!?!! Not the community!??!!?!?!

Paranoia is good. The problem isn't that you're paranoid, it's that you're fucking retarded.

Read the code. Diaspora is written in Ruby, not even something like C. Show us all the shady shit in the code.

I mean...you CAN read code, right? We've already established that you're a brainlet. You're not also...a codelet?

Gee, how do they get it? Just use google Play store, oh wait! That also tracks your activity too. Telegram is free software too but can't be verified because it's partially nonfree server-side. About the only safe way to chat is with encrypted email or something like the beta software GNU Ring.
Speaking of Ring, I tried to install it on Ubuntu and it doesn't work. Just kept getting seg faults. They really need an appimage package for it.

I love loli and I post it to GNU Social. regularly.

(((You)))'ve been spotted!

Have you tried Retroshare?

Only lolicon and /r/TheDonald-tier instances are blocked by Mastodon, yes.

there is 1000 instances. not all of them use googleapis.( in fact only mastodon.social).

if you're a weeb just join niu.moe

Why does Zuckerberg always look like he's being tried for crimes against humanity whenever he's interviewed and is asked questions about user privacy?

A "social network" is in fact a "social media server". It is comprised of different services like: messaging, blogging, microblogging, fora, file storage and sharing.
None of the many "social medias" perform their functions well. You should choose the best of tools to do the right job. Email and XMPP for private messaging. Mailing lists and web forums for interest discussions. XMPP, IRC and Matrix chatrooms for closer group interest discussions that need instantaneous format. Weblogs for posting your cat pictures and Bali photos. Mastodon is fine for micro-blogging, as Twitter substitute, but not as full faceberg/vk alternative.

Try to get a normie off Google PlayStore or GMail, it's almost impossible.

I recommend iPhones, DuckDuckGo and Signal because I'm not Richard Stallman. Better is good enough, especially since we're talking about quasi natural monopolies here.
Anything that hurts Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft benefits humanity.

Because in a just world, he would be. And he knows it.

I would imagine he actually soiled himself when goons from No Such Agency visited him to explain that Facebook would be participating in PRISM.

Nothing is. However, end-to-end encryption can be verified to be non-compromised.

The largest Mastodon instances are Japanese ones, so blocking them means you're blocking most of Mastodon.

Attached: 670d4e30e6d8d3a6132acfa80a269f3c0605ec7c077b9788dab40825ed087b6d.png (599x385, 166.26K)

bump

JUST

Attached: regents.jpg (539x960, 72.91K)

daily reminder that mastodon is fucking terrible and did nothing nut steal work from GNU Social.

Social Media will be scraped. The chans are scraped. Giving out personal information on the interwebs isn't a good idea. Convincing your family to give out personal information is a terrible thing to do.

While this is true, there is security in the botnet's higher tiers' secrecy. The closer to hardware the botnet's layer, the more secret its operator's access to it -- so for its existence not to be revealed, or, be revealed in circumstances that are worth it. Nobody is going to use top-tier hardware backdoors on ordinary people, or at least, not in manners or for purposes knowledge of which may get out to the public.

tl;dr while certain modes of access are nigh-impossible to hide from, no data achieved through them is going to be publicized in any manner or context that an ordinary person will care about. Nobody is going to reveal a top invigilative route by disclosing data on your hobbies or businesses.

Quote your rms you ass.

What the fuck was going through the heads of its authors when they came up with this name? It's awful. It's long, ugly, unmemorable, unrelated, and it gives all the wrong images: from breasts and teeth (from anatomical/etymological point of view), to antiquity, slowness, bulk, and fucking EXTINCTION on top of everything. I'm not a fan of modern branding at all, but this is just a disaster.

...Unless it's simply in contrast to Twitter. But characterizing oneself solely in terms of one's competition is strategically questionable as well.

?

Nice try COINTELPRO but I see through your antics. You think that using reverse psychology of using hostile language larping as a insane right winger is going to prevent me from installing Gentoo think again. You are nothing to me but a speck in a much larger organization than you think you are infilrating. I have the power of a billion botnetted IoT devices at my disposal. One wrong move here and you will be obliterated by your own UAVs from the face of the solar system the likes you have never seen before.
WALL

Attached: 35ac9a4d947646eded1265fbe52906ce65dc75946ba51545af5c1a817b4f47ff.jpg (800x435, 112.58K)

How about none? Social media is not where it's at, chat apps are all you need now. Most people don't even upload their pictures or write statuses anymore, it's out of fashion. It's all about group chats now.

Keep up with times, grandpa.

You closeted lolicons are so easy to spot.

Attached: monogatari_series_second_season-03-shinobu-vampire-loli-upside_down-smiling-mischievous-blonde_hair.jpg (1280x720, 64.36K)

So pretty much anything worth federating with?

Attached: fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-2wei-episode-2-21.jpg (2094x1166, 179.89K)

use a telephone