Fedora 28 Beta Linux distro is finally here

By Brian Fagioli

Fedora is the best overall Linux-based desktop operating system -- Linus Torvalds famously uses it regularly. Today, version 28 of the distribution finally achieves Beta status. After a short delay -- it was scheduled to be available a week earlier -- the distro is back on track, and looking better than ever.

As is typical now, there are three versions of the operating system -- Atomic Host, Server, and Workstation. While all three have their places, normal desktop computer users will want to focus on Workstation. There are plenty of new features (and bugs), but the most exciting aspect of Fedora 28 Workstation is the inclusion of the GNOME 3.28 desktop environment.

"A common set of base packages forms the core foundation of each Fedora edition, and as with new versions of the Fedora operating system, Fedora 28 Beta includes a host of minor bug fixes and tweaks to these packages. The changes to Fedora 28 Beta's base packages are highlighted by the addition of glibc 2.27, the latest version of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 8, and updates to many open source languages, including Golang 1.10 and Ruby 2.5," says Red Hat.

ALSO READ: Linux Mint ditches AMD for Intel with new Mintbox Mini 2

The organization further says, "All Fedora 28 Beta editions have also seen improvements to Virtualbox guest support, designed to simplify the user experience in running Fedora 28 Beta as a Virtualbox guest on other operating systems. This required an extensive amount of community work to implement these changes, but with these updates it is now a smoother experience to use Fedora as a guest operating system via Virtualbox."

If you want to try Fedora 28, you can download it here. Before you install it, however, you should know that there can be bugs that might lead to data loss. In other words, you should avoid using it on a production machine. If you decide to proceed (at your own risk) you should first read about the known issues here, including a particularly nasty Grub bug involving XFS.

Will you be trying Fedora 28 Beta? Please tell me in the comments below.

betanews.com/2018/04/03/fedora-28-beta-linux

Attached: Fedora_Linux_Hats.jpg (450x600 108.63 KB, 49.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=eFAGj2pu2Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=rvlC-LwDa4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks, Brian.

Welcome

I like Fedora because it gives me a sense of pride as an American. Knowing that, like the good ol' US of A, is always up to date with the times and is a rock solid beast comforts me. It's also pretty rare to see distros made from the US, which I also admire in a distro. Yes, Linux, what with its communist focus on developing software, and more specifically Fedora, has made my computing needs easier and more prideful than ever before. I must take my hat (lol) off to Red Hat for letting a free spirited communist American like myself to have pride in the very operating system on his computer. (Which, in case you were wondering, is a ThinkPad X230 because chiclet keys are much better suited to my fat fingers)

On the other hand, it's nice to see some Fagioliposting after a long while.

except fedora is developed by red hat you fuckwit

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
INSTALL GENTOOOOO
INSTALL GENTOOOOOOOO
DO IT FAGGOOOOOOTT

Attached: 75F739FB-FCD3-45EF-9E62-347B2F21BED7.jpeg (960x1200, 282.75K)

lolno

I hope you see the irony in what you said

Did you even read the post you've replied to?

i installed sabayon, is that close enough?

ew no. sabayon is slow and buggy. mint is the best distro you can currently install

If there was anymore reason to not trust these kikes.

Attached: major.png (329x218, 64.69K)

hooktube.com/watch?v=eFAGj2pu2Jg
fag-i-oli goes full "super spy" and reviews a librem laptop

This is your problem now.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvlC-LwDa4g

Virtualbox guest addition thing is only worthwhile change imo. Also, fedora is unusable without rpmfusion, and I can't trust feedora as it's made by CIA niggers.

Attached: 1271179604641.jpg (700x933, 239.8K)

don't trust this nigger

Kys tbh

But systemd really is a bad init. There's no question it has serious security issues. Recommending a meme OS on the other hand is inexcusable.

I thought Sabayon used OpenRC, not systemdick.

Didn't we have a Fagiolo containment thread?

also
Don't let your memes be dreams I guess

AFAIK, Sabayon switched to systemdick year or two ago.