0 A.D. general

0 A.D. is a free as in freedom, open source game, inspired by Age of Empires 2. It's avaible for Windows, OSx, GNU/Linux and BSD

Because it's one of the few good FREE games, it promotes historical accuracy, it's fun to play, it has multiplayer and anyone can contribute to the game, for example if you're an historian you can check the accuracy of the civilizations, propose and help create new ones of the time period, if you can program you can help the team or create a mod yourself, if you have 3D modeling skills you can create new models for the game, etc... without having to ask permission to anyone. The game has a free p2p multiplayer.

To BTFO all the "hurr durr there is no gayming or leenooks!!!!!".
Personally, I'm not affiliated to the team, but I think the development would be faster if more people play and contribute. Also, it would be nice to have more opponents in multiplayer.

play0ad.com/

Attached: 0ad-wallpaper-stripeshorizontal01.jpg (1600x1200, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

play0ad.com/game-info/project-overview/
youtu.be/SjDNRgVAdkc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No such thing. 1 AD was preceded by 1 BC.

Yeah, that's the point of the title
play0ad.com/game-info/project-overview/

SHILL!
It honestly seems like an interesting game. I'll surely try it out. Well done, OP.

Maybe this time I managed to not suck too many cocks. Thanks

I haven't seen any threads about it on /vg/ and neither on /v/eddit.
Maybe you could post there too.

Done. I hope it works, because I want this game to be done faster. I want to play with the Germans

What existed in those times were Germanic tribes. A united German state didn't exist until around the mid middle ages (early middle ages were time of the Merovingians and Karolingians where the difference between French and German was still somewhat blurred).

Make up your mind, will ya

Obviously I meant germanic tribes

I've play this game a year ago and you shouldn't be saying that, a year ago most of game mechanics were still primitive the path finding was horrible to non existent, now the only thing that would make this game playable ALONE would be a better AI and it's very difficult to make a playfull AI.
Now in multiplayer this game is good I've played multiple times and the thing that needs to be fixed/upgraded is the small de-synch which is a bit annoying but not to the point of not enjoying the game but that's maybe because I'm patient.

OH NO NO NO NO NO

They fixed the AI now

Good representation of that time imo.

Not using HE

I remember hearing about this years ago. Played it last year, but it still didn't feel finished.

Hello schlomo

Attached: serveimage.jpg (450x456, 14.26K)

Last time I played it (~1 year ago I think) it would always get laggy as shit when a certain amount of units was present on the map. Did they fix it?

Doing that is super duper retarded.

What a shit reason for making a thread.

I see this on my package managers all the time and I've never given it a try. Play Freeciv a lot though.

Isn't it B.C/A.D as in Anno Domini?

It's a game under a license that respect freedom you retards.

I know 0A.D for some years now.
Every time there is a new release I re-install it to give a try. Its very interesting to accompany the development of the game like that.
The AI progressed a lot, but I still miss content. There are few troops and only three colony stages, but very nice overall.

Wasn't AoE2 like that ?

Yeah, there was a major pathfinding overhaul a few releases ago that fixed this problem.

I tried 0 A.D. sone years ago. Had a lot of fun with my first game, but I couldn't help but feel it was waaay too basic from a gameplay perspective, compared to other games like AoE, where tech trees can take hours to fully research.

I went to their IRC to congratulate them on their game, because really, it is one of the most polished libre games we have ever had, and also commented on how it would be cool to have deeper tech trees, more eras and more buildings, but they told me pretty much what I expected libre game devs to say. Unfortunately, they suffer from the "mods will fix it" mentality that plagues the libre game landscape. Often devs are more interested in developing the engine than actually making a game, and thus don't really put an effort in designing the gameplay or providing a complete experience. The perfect example is Minetest, where the base game is shit and would improve a lot if they bothered adding two or three quality community mods to the base pack, but they won't for whatever reason. Protip: mods only fix it if there is a community to make mods. People will only make mods if they enjoy the game.

this

AOE seems to complicated for a competitive game, but i think i need a couple more thousand hours before i can make a conclusion

AoE is complicated because of micromanagement hell, not because of the tech trees. Tech development is, in fact, the most "grand strategy" or macro part of AoE, and its just the autistic unit management that is excessively complicated for no good reason other than Koreans loving clicking like they were having a seizure.

I had a very bad experience with Minetest. It had everything to be a better Minecraft, it performed a lot better in my machine. But the default is just too plain, and to install mods is a headache. They also lose compatibility on each Minetest release.

I remember playing this game two years ago in Ubuntu primarily, and I was bad at it. I wondered what the opponent was doing to make themselves so good so I started a game and drew the camera over to their side, fog removed. What I saw was that they produced double the people I did, as in, in the time it took me to produce one person, they produced two at the same time, and there wasn't even an option to do that for me. This was also in easy mode, and was one of the things that made me quit playing -- because it was just so flat out skewed.

You can summon people from different facilities, you dumb faggot.
If maybe you spent ~10 minutes reading the manual, you would have known.

Any tutorials? I read the manual, but it didn't do much.

Attached: sad_frog.jpg (480x480, 27.81K)

I bet it needs 8-core processor, 16 gigs of RAM and OpenGL 4.0 supporting graphics card to play.

I've played on it on an old lga775 quad cpu with the cheapest GT218 that can exist.
Fuck off.

Back in 2006 a commonly sold PC had a 2-core CPU and 1 GB of RAM. By doubling these figures every two years we should be at 128-core CPUs and 64 GB of RAM, so 8-core CPU and 16 GB of RAM looks rather conservative compared to that.

What kind of creature is that?

btw the looks of it make it very clear that "eyes" are nothing but just biocameras

Too lazy to fix that error it on my gentoo desktop.
Freeciv crashes every time I do a move.
What do I d'o?

It's a walking avocado you dumb dumb.
Seriously it's just a frog.

Black rain frog.

Attached: IMG_0156.jpg (574x456 58.83 KB, 35.84K)

Update the game

I had the opposite experience. It was too cluttered from my perspective. Kinda like playing AoM. I preferred the AoE 1/2 style. Keep units and structures at a minimum and don't bother the player with territory borders.

Well, the game is still in alpha. Their main concern is to get the basic gameplay working, make all standard models/sounds/assets, get the AI to work, optimize the game, balance it, get rid of bugs and make the baseline of the game in general. I'm pretty sure they'll add more features and tech later. If not, then there's nothing wrong with mods. It's not like the game is dead and I'm sure it will be more popular when it hits v1.0

I play it in my X230

yeah thats the min req for 1 frame per second. I only get 5 fps on my X200.

It's still very early in development, give it time

What settings are you using?
I currently don't even have Xorg installed on mine, but I may try it in a soon future.

I'm glad it's there though, games are the only software not firmware-level where proprietary is almost unavoidable.

That's the theory. In reality, 0 AD has (or at least used to have) serious performance issues, I think it was mainly path-finding and AI.

Someone call Zoe, Brianna, Anita, and Randi. This project's asshole is fully exposed for an SJW rape fest. As soon as this thing gains a critical mass of popularity it's gonna get white-guilt-washed.

Non-profit game development, what did you expect?

No, Zig Forums, no one will care about it. As far as I know, Europa Universalis isn't under SJW fire, even though it is a Swedish game in which one of the mechanics says that if you don't westernize, you're basically damned to stay forever an inferior nation.

Other than that I think the game is one of the best strategies I've played , thank you for bringing it to my attention and I just can't believe they made this for free

Attached: 00d8cd8da53e475f36488a53343ea7a2d17de3814e8431988cf552402854cb99.jpg (229x343, 12.58K)

fuck, I hate this timeline

He said "critical mass". Retarded tripfag.

Gamenight when

EU literally has a "Women in History" DLC, which adds laughably overpowered female rulers and generals by events.

There's a funding campaign you twat.

Every game should have DLC like that. Then we could just not buy it and play the game in peace.

For infrastructure costs like running the website, you retard. None of the devs earn money from their hobby.

One did.

I need to know if the developers will ever consider using a code of conduct in their project?

I'm just not big into RTSs. Couldn't get into this or Wesnoth. Freedoom and OpenMW are neat projects too.

ey yo nigga, wear da fuq Wakanda be at niqqa?! Dis sum raycis shit mu nigga! Fuk yo cracka ass.

Attached: wakadudueatmypoopoo.jpg (1853x770, 286.04K)

Damn, wakanda has more nips than japan

I played this game years ago after I got bored with AoE

The game runs in OpenGL; it doens't matter how many extra cores you have.

Problem.jpg?

Thanks user, never thought about that before. (fixed it by other means)

Update or downgrade. install Dwarf Fortress. or play katawa shoujo if you want to get a gf.

Why play as them when you could play as time traveling Mansa Musa from the Mali Empire?

When do we get an open sores Age of Mythology clone?

This

Fuck yes! I play AoM daily on my PowerBook G4

I just checked the Raspbian repo and what do you know, it's in there. Installing now, I'll give it a shot. Wesnoth is a shining example of an open source strategy game too.

This game is unpolished and gay

Another game to check out is TA Spring.

NEW VERSION'S OUT, FAGGOTS
youtu.be/SjDNRgVAdkc
They added niggers as a playable faction.
I'm not even joking.