Let Amazon control your door

The media is really shilling this concept now.
hooktube.com/9kbFfGrGm_Y

They are shilling it because it's the (both proverbial and literal) foot in the door. It's a significant step towards conditioning the populace into giving up the "my home is my castle" habit and becoming accustomed to strangers entering their home at their own discretion.

Okay there mister conspiracy theory...

No problem at all. Let's see how many following comments share my concerns, and ho many share your lightheartedness.

Oh I don't doubt that. Pessimists and paranoids call this place home.

>>>Zig Forums11451530

It's kind of a dumb idea (could work well on a secure locker outside of a house, where theft wasn't a concern), but the amount of scrutiny it has earned ensures it's probably not a big deal until Amazon has a team of stormtroopers and makes a coup attempt or something, as I bet the drivers are under a lot of pressure. People concerned about the drivers have something of a valid point in that they may case out your house when they deliver and rob you later, but this is more true of any tradespeople, I think, particularly ones that actually enter your house. Considering that breaking and entering is kind of endemic anyway and not restricted to tradespeople or deliverymen, I'm not sure this is a very compelling argument.

The biggest concern for me is that camera: Amazon now owns and operates a video feed in your doorway, facilitating facial recognition on anyone entering or leaving your house.

I'd say that watermark has already been surpassed.

Get fucked and piss off.

Sshhhhh your persistent over-shilling is actually cluing people in to things to pay attention to.

serves them well for having had sold their soul to amazon's literal botnet

This is why pneumatic tubes need to make a comeback.

Okay now tell us where he is wrong.

Remember when Amazon started donating to pro-rapefugee groups for every dollar contributed to an anti-rapefugee song?

Yeah, grand ol idea.

not to mention your AWS shit goes offline. a random account ban could result in million dollar site's going offline. i imagine at that level the lawyers hash it out immediatly, but a lot of small time websites probably got nuked as a result of these mass bans too.

Can you leave yet? Even when the sky is gonna fall on their head, they're still gonna say "There is nothing at all! No one is the cause of that! Mom government! Please help me!"

Refugees fleeing from war are not the problem.
Economical migrants fleeing from honest work are.

People like you sure do like to exaggerate everything.

They are too. The rats leaving the boat before it sinks shouldn't be accepted anywhere.

AWS accounts are different from shop ones.

AWS is great for data processing and HA, but using it for hosting is shitty idea. Especially for 'small time websites'

no, they aren't. if your amazon account is closed your aws services go with it. assuming you created multiple accounts for this purpose, they'll close all those too. if one account gets suspended they suspend all the accounts they think are yours. to avoid this you would have to have that account completely unlinked by name or anything else.

this isn't about pessimism. your stupid monitor from the year 2000 to now can't even choose the right input signal (VGA, DVI, etc) without locking up and half crashing. any kind of "smart" technology is fucking stupid and only the most oblivious assholes support this crap

This, even worse is this future of Thunderbolt and USB-C, everything has DMA access now. Enjoy Chinese / Israeli botnet goyim.

You smell like a woman at kilometers.

And I thought all non-third world shitholes had delivery lockers at every corner and apartment building. This is not a thing in America, right? The promo for Amazon Key with mutt girl ordering a present for xir mother would have been non-existent if the girl ordered delivery to the office where sxe works. Of course this is not a case when bulk goods delivery is applied, but what is the real difference between letting in Amazon wageslaves in your house using Amazon's locks and using your own open source Internet-connected locks and IP cameras? Just a complexity of installation and some miserable property insurance from someone who already invaded your territory.

Reminder that Bezos is the owner.

Reminder that the CIA is very strongly connected to both Amazon and WaPo.

Homie you got RAS syndrome

If your problem is that everyone thinks you're gay, maybe deciding to suck cock instead of taking it up the ass isn't the right choice. Maybe you should just stop being a faggot.
Don't let people into your house while you aren't there at all

stop glowing in the dark

bump