Fun

This board sucks so let's have a fun Zig Forums thread

Attached: 66a18f7326677db3b1983a304fae59b5f43df75afaa56a4ecee5ec961bac08bd.jpg (800x864 43.83 KB, 155.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forth.com/resources/space-applications/
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Thus_Spake_Zarathustra
discord.gg/z2szGQG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does anyone actually program in Forth? It's such a bizarre language.

Attached: 1484257321243.jpg (640x480 616.51 KB, 40.48K)

Y-yeah!

[spoiler] I run a FORTH enthusiast's ((Discord)) server kek. There aren't more than half a dozen people on Zig Forums that actually know FORTH [/spolier]

Attached: turbo-libre.png (681x242 25.66 KB, 30.44K)

A programming language is a tool. You may be a retarded nigger who will chop off his arm using retard-safe handsaw, but you may also be a somewhat not retarded man using a chainsaw and doing much more work in less time.
Also OOP is truly a mess. Housewives orientation was a mistake of nature and retarded and greedy computer company CEOs.

Forth - a strange llvm based on low assembler abstraction that nobody actually uses. Why you may ask me? Because of its main feature - a vocabulary.
EVERY SINGLE PROGRAMMER WRITES DIFFERENT VOCABULARY
IT'S INFURIATING TO READ AND DECODE

I know one autist who does it and i swear to God:
it's unreadable - his naming convention is retarded and not documented at all
and it's bloated - one simple firmware code takes ALL THE BLOODY ASCII CHARACTERS! and he uses spaces instead of tabs When my code takes about 12 kbytes most, his "small starting" vocabulary would not fit into chip 32 kbytes of internal memory!

I'm surprised discord users have the mental capacity to venture beyond anything other than JS and PHP.

Yeah the use of Discord has been very controversial, but IRC channels die super quickly and matrix seems quite bloated.

Just to be clear, I'm basically the only guy there that actually know FORTH of the close to 40 users.

He's a fucking retard then. Threaded Forth code is far more compact than any other low level language out there (including assembly in many cases).

Attached: rc4.png (640x407, 41.27K)

Also, you're clearly quite misguided on what Forth is most useful for.

Forth is best fit for embedded real time applications, not for writing dumb soycode.

Link related:
forth.com/resources/space-applications/

Does anyone have that image that shows graphs of text editors and their learning curves of time spent vs skill gained?

Thus spake the Master Programmer:
"When you have learned to snatch the error code from the trap frame, it will be time for you to leave."

Attached: summon hovant.jpg (500x3714, 342.36K)

Do you have screencaps of all those subsidized campaigns to "attract" women into coding and sexist practices that give women a free entrance to jobs where men have to work harder to get the same job?

RocketChat. Do it.

How a soyboy views users of programming languages.

Attached: 1464423525325.jpg (255x216, 15.82K)

>>>/reddit/

Read a book yourself, and then maybe you'll get the reference.
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Thus_Spake_Zarathustra

Nice meme, that shit is even more soy than Matrix or Discord.

Attached: stack-vs-gf.jpg (640x750, 50.28K)

Hey, give us a link mate.

discord.gg/z2szGQG

Niggers and soycoders need not apply.

Attached: enbies.png (1172x965, 690.34K)

Am I a brainlet for thinking it was a reference to Arkvoodle, God of the Futons, from Destroy All Humans 2

Attached: toggl-how-to-kill-the-dragon-with-9-programming-languages.jpg (800x2798 828.25 KB, 1.15M)

Coreutils and Haskell are OK. The other two are not even remotely representable.

The COBOL one is pretty funny

Haskell is hilarious

Attached: python.jpg (640x480, 28.6K)

This may be pajeet shit but I can't help but like it a bit

Attached: terrible-clients-explained-with-pirates-toggl-infographic-mart-virkus-1900850e873d22254dc9fa28fcdfae57.jpg (1000x5527, 2.09M)

Mildly chuckled.

Attached: 1423704608067.jpg (1199x597 33.85 KB, 199.64K)

Do they use forth for historical reasons in those areas (especially anything space/astronomics)? How is it better than C for those? It looks way harder to read, you can probably make mistakes that make C seem safe, maybe it can be a bit smaller.
Those are just assumptions, but is it really worth it in any usecase?

Fotran-like languages were very well established when Forth came along, so it's hard to claim that Forth replaced for no good reason.
It offers some very unique things like: realtime (its interpreted, but still very fast), extremely compact code because it uses threaded code and very good mix of high and low level (as powerful as LISP but also closer to the metal than C). You can't just shutdown a satellite that's in orbit just to update it. Forth allows seamless realtime updates.

It's really hard to get used to concatenative languages, but they become really used to read when you get used to it and factorize your code properly. I'll admit that it's often not very easy to read another programmers code because of the reliance of Forth on good vocabulary and personal conventions, but that can be fixed.

The code I'm posting here really isn't that well formatted, mostly because I like to keep my code compact since I'm not working with anyone else.

Attached: ffsierpinski.png (669x392, 44.24K)

bump

It's used everywhere in English translations of the Bible you dunce. I know that and I'm neither a native English speaker nor a Christian. That's where the Nietzche's book title come from, and it's not even from Nietzche, it's from the people who translated it to English, as the original title is "Also spracht Zarathustra."

It's just archaic english, that's all. But the book title I pointed to is pretty well-known, to the point of being a meme. And we don't all read the bible, much less in english or a specific translation thererof.

Thank fucking god Coffeescript died.

this is Zig Forums

Attached: Listen_To_This_Song_While_I'm_Smug_At_You_Motherfucker.webm (1280x720, 496.58K)

Attached: 19185f0219104d8f0446e53fb09442f80e89588e4bfccdc67d17faf56441d55c.png (400x400, 98.3K)

Your point?

lisp is an object oriented programming language. Zig Forums doesnt like object oriented programming languages, yet they like lisp. see the issue?

Common Lisp has a system for object-oriented programming you can use if you want to. Lisp as a language family is not object-oriented.
Love of Lisp and hate of object-oriented programming are very subdued on Zig Forums in the first place.

I would argue Lisp does OOP right

lisp is a functional programming language though

Most lisps are not very functional. They use tons of state, build up mutable object systems, have side effects, etc.

The only side effect of purity is that you become a useless faggot.

t. lispcuck

It's not.

Anyone here actually using windows 10?