Ad-blocking Brave browser signs deal with Dow Jones Media Group

archive.is/CYdFw

I was thinking about switching browsers to Brave when I found this. What do you guys think? Are they going to compromise the privacy of their users for these corporate deals?

Attached: Brave.png (186x186, 4.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Myth:-uBlock-consumes-over-80MB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>browser that makes money by replacing regular ads with 'non-intrusive' (((targeted ads)))
One cannot compromise what wasn't there to begin with

if you use brave before you are retarded if you use brave now you retarded nothing changed

optional

Sounds Jewish. I don't think my "attention" is a resource for advertisers to claim.

What's the law that says that?

The Right to Profit. If they add DRM they can use DMCA.

If ads served by Dow Jones Media Group websites are added as default ad-blocking exceptions in Brave, Brendan Eich will be considered as a sellout.

If all they want is to show you a banner with your consent that's fine. The issue is, we know that all the tracking and gathering of the user's data is already standard practice in modern online advertising, is Brave really not allowing them to keep doing it in their browser? Would they even want a deal where this is being denied to them?

It's the chrome-fork from the jew who poisoned the internet with jscript.
The fork replaces ads on the internet with its own and pays users some cents which is fucking retarded because the entire point of an adblocker was to have 0 ads and the ads make way more than what the user gets and think about the damage of normies not viewing the site ads.
tldr: (((replacing other sites ads with your own by infiltrating the browser market)))
What did you expect. Not even worth a thread tbqh.
You're one horrible normalfaggot OP.

Yeah, unfortunately most people don't have the time or energy to go full Zig Forumspilled, but isn't this browser an improvement over Firefox?

Does Brave collect information about it's users?
Ads do not really bother me. What bothers me is software that constantly collects my data.

It's chromium based. You're better of with every other Chrome fork like SRWare Iron or whatever you like (who am I to decide which shit is the least smelly. The web and it's pseudo standards suck).

Probably. He's a jew. He already pays you for viewing ads in places of ads which were used by websites to finance themselves thus ruining the internet and profiting from it.
I don't think the javascript(made in 10 days) inventor aka Brendan Eich fears making cash from your data too.

Why? It blocks ads using ABP which is absolute dogshit. The only good adblocker is uBlock Origin and Brave clearly doesn't care about the end user or privacy. They said it themselves that they'll monetize the browser once it has 1 million downloads.

It's only an improvement in speed, it fails in every other category just like all other chromium browsers. Brave seems fastest on benchmarks though, and it's open source. If you just need a fast browser you could make an effort of forking brave and removing the jew parts.

Iron is malware and has been for the last 4-5 years.

When they were first launching it they made it sound like a way of screwing advertisers and making enopoly money in the process. At the end of the day the user's cut was negligible and the advertisers were still getting the lion's share. What is worse is their android browser didn't even have copy/paste implemented. Let that shit sink in.

The only good thing I can think of to say is they aren't Google or Mozilla.

lol a bunch of normalfag words. who cares? brave is bloated trash just like all the other big browsers

WELL ITS A GOOD THING MY PHONE HAS ENOUGH RAM TO RUN IT THEN, ISN'T IT??? WE WOULDN'T WANT TO HAVE ALL UNUSED RAM WASTED HMMM??!

He's probably too poor for the latest Samsung Galaxy. "People" like him are holding us technology pioneers back.

non-human shill detected. How did it get past the captcha?

What meaningful alternatives are there? Chrome is botnet, and Mozilla is infested with SJWs whose only concept of privacy involves aiding radical left wing cells through RiseUp. Thank God the EFF supports Tor otherwise I would have no hope in left-leaning privacy advocacy in the United States at all.

Brave signals a change towards a privacy conscious right wing movement in the United States. Brendan Eich was fired for Mozilla for donating $1000 to a political foundation that opposed gay marriage. That form of censorship alone makes me want to support whatever Eich does. Not only that, Brave is a good browser in addition to the social aspect.

Brave doesn't block ads, it spies on your habits and replaces a site's ads with its own.

I wouldn't say that it spies on you more than any other browser spies on you.

It does though.
Brave is an open source project, please point out where it spies on you.
Entirely optional and not a default setting.

palememe, links
but brave is shit and Eich is a nobody

the only browser that can meaningfully be considered open source is Links

Oh, I see now! You're a Mozilla cucks who needs to resort to ad hominem attacks instead of making purposeful critiques of Brave.

Opinion discarded.

Then elaborate on why should people switch to Brave like how you want. As far as I'm concerned, Brave doesn't offer anything noteworthy that warrants a switch from mainstream browsers, or privacy focused browsers for that matter. Waterfox, Ungoogled Chromium, Iridium, Firefox ESR with privacy modifications, Tor Browser Bundle and Links are noteworthy replacements to everyday browsers. Each one of them offer significant, distiguishing features which interests different auditions. Compared to the browsers I have listed, what does Brave offer? Opt-out "non-tracking" ads which might earn you 0,01 shekels for every ad click? Don't make me laugh. This is why Eich is a nobody. Now lets listen to your point of view of why we should use Brave. Your response will be received much better if you don't involve Jews, bankers, merchants George Soros and SJWs in your argument.

How?

Because of that one stupid info graph which also names Brave as near perfect browser?

Soros? Where?

The only website to be censored for legally protected speech so far has been the Daily Stormer. Think about that.

You very well do know that was not the only site that has been censored in the whole history of the internet. It is crazy to think otherwise.

The only one that I know to be censored for legally protected speech. Nice omission mate.

Even Tor hosts wanted to block users from accessing the site. How fucked up is that?

don't question the law goy

Bad goy

Attached: 6hkg66at2nq01.jpg (480x501, 20.96K)

Fuck Brandon Keich, and fuck you, OP.
The answer to internet ads is total blocking, full stop. Zero compromise. Currently, that means uBlock Origin.
Want to contribute to making the web a better place? Install uBO on every device you touch. It's completely unnoticeable other than the speed boost and sudden relief from visual AIDS crawling into your skull. Let me sing you the song of my people:

It's that fucking simple.

I will not stop until there are alarms going off at Google HQ and all the vaguely ethnic soymen in thick glasses are losing their shit around a graph depicting the black hole that is ad rev in my territory. Also I will keep going even after that happens. All my coworkers have caught on and it's probably going to be informally institutionalized practice as I keep spreading it. Normalfags can't protect themselves, but you can show them how. Become IT.

Attached: one crazy tip.png (439x178, 78.94K)

This is an erroneous claim. Do you even know how adblockers/uMatrix work?
What you should be doing is using a hosts file blocking method, or installing unbound/BIND and then using it to filter ad domains. A caching DNS resolver will *actually* speed up browsing, adblockers don't. But yes - an adblocker is far more convienent (and it updates automatically, this is essential for a normalfag).

Sorry, convenient.

Less memory, less CPU, less connections to third-party domains that exist solely to pump megabytes of js into your system.
It's definitely noticeable on the shit-tier consumer crap most people have now.

Some benchmarks in the ``Unsorted'' section here:
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki

Attached: 0577118c-629c-11e5-9902-bf367c6a96c3.png (640x360 54.38 KB, 31.6K)

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Myth:-uBlock-consumes-over-80MB
If you filter ad domains through your router/DNS cacher there is _zero_ hardware penalty. When you load a website and have an adblocker, it has to check the blocklist before actually loading it - this is CPU/memory demanding. Yes, this penalty is ephemeral, but some of us use old hardware and want to avoid unnecessary hardware spikes. It is much less taxing than a regular adblocker though; that much is true.

Wait until that one normalfag comes. He is the frequent visitor to a website that gets yellow triangle warning from uBlock and demands a refund. Actually when I was younger and had fucked with shit around, this warning placeholder page pissed me off and I thought it had something to do with browser built-in blocklists. Turns out, it was an adblocker. The only thing Gorhill didn't change for all these years yet, is put uBlock icon instead of yellow warning triangle for it to not be extremely confusing.
[spoiler]Shouldn't I be filling a pull request issue instead of blogposting here?[/spolier]

oh fuck my dyslexia

Also, all of the images you posted are misleading. The first one shows that having an adblocker will limit your exposure to third-party servers. Duh? this is obvious - the same happens if you use a router/DNS cacher/hosts blocking method. The second one shows that ublock is less strenuous on the hardware compared to other adblockers. Oh, wait - not having an adblocker is the least strenuous. The last one tests "high traffic pages" - I'm assuming this is ad-ridden cancer like Facebook. If they were to test a site with just one or two ad banners, having no adblocker would be tested as better. There is also no mention of the hardware spike when an adblocker checks its blocklist before loading a page.

Brave speeds up browsing too. What's the issue here?

Using Brave is irresponsible as it hurts businesses. Also it's run by a facist.

Learn how to read, then come back and check my first post, and you'll find out.

le fascist meme

By your criterium pozilla is best

It's FOSS though

They're selling your browsing history to these tech soyboys

nu-Zig Forums will never know this feel

it literally mines cryptocurrency.

Sounds great. Also, please remember to advise people into de-Googling their lives.

What is wrong with degoogling?

Legitimate question.

Nothing, I'm telling him to promote degoogling.

Links/Lynx and Mothra for life.

I thought you were sarcastic. Carry on.

I don't think that people who are tech-savvy enough to have installed Adblock would be interested in DNC propaganda.

I'm not sure what this markoff chain is trying to say but it's triggering me.

lol