Announcing Tor’s Next Executive Director: Isabela Bagueros

blog.torproject.org/announcing-tors-next-executive-director-isabela-bagueros
archive.today/2018.04.24-140109/https://blog.torproject.org/announcing-tors-next-executive-director-isabela-bagueros

Shari announced her retirement from the Tor Project at the end of February, and the search for our next Executive Director is already over. We're thrilled to announce our next ED, Isabela Bagueros.

Isa joined the Tor Project as Project Manager in 2015 and has led teams in collaborative strategy building and roadmapping unprecedented at the organization. She also leads Tor’s UX team in implementing critical usability improvements and is leading an overhaul of Tor’s website.

“Isa’s contributions to Tor are too many to name here,” said Shari Steele, Tor’s current Executive Director who was brought on in 2015 to make the organization more operationally sound. “She brings global experience and perspective to privacy and censorship issues, and I could not be more confident in her ability to lead the organization into its next phase of growth and sustainability.”

Thinking of the user first has always been a priority for Isa, and during her three years with the organization, the scope of her vision for Tor has expanded to include the health of the organization and network. “I think any person on the planet should have access to the Tor network and enjoy the privacy and security it provides,” said Isa. “That means we need a healthy and scalable network and a strong and diverse organization to support that. I’m looking forward to seeing Tor gain global recognition for the privacy protections and censorship circumvention it provides.”

Attached: img-isabela-bagueros-tor-new-executive-director.jpg.png (1120x560, 663.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/cCTBI
jacobappelbaum.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC#Programmers
my.mixtape.moe/vlwtcz.jpg
lolifox.org/lg/src/1524506912942.jpg
old.lwn.net/Articles/750314/
flight.nasa.gov/people/brown_bio.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how certain is it that tor is compromised now?

I can only guess out of my ass, or flip a coin.

So what's the problem ?
Am I supposed to be against this just because it's a woman ?

…but if we are playing that stupid game of guessing by the looks, she looks a lot less suspicious than many of the other recently dramatically discussed CEOs/Directors/etc, IMO.
It seems she's white, doesn't wear problem glasses (at least on this photo), and in general is pretty nice, unlike those you fear.

Who said there's a problem? It's just news. Relax dude.

why else would someone post this ?
I don't care about tor's executive director more than I care about the change log.

someone else may care.
speaking about good/bad, I encourage everyone to do their own research and discuss.

Just scanning her data, I see nothing wrong with her, though I would accept criticism.

Ditto. I searched a few places and saw nothing relating to "women's outreach" or "feminism"

You're back and you still didn't archive properly faggot.
archive.fo/cCTBI

Are you trolling or just stupid?

Yeah but not how you mean

lol this is called brand loyalty and it's funny as fuck that tinfoilers are just as weak as everyone else

you have no idea what you're talking about

What actually stops the CIA from knocking the door of the Tor devs and forcing them to merge a malicious patch to the source code, either through extortion or by bribing? Their names are public so it would take approximately 5 seconds to find their address as well.

nothing, obviously

We can only hope they would react the same as the Truecrypt devs.

On one hand, this is awful, but on another, I want to tell a small tale.

There is a group of libre apps on F-Droid called "Privacy Friendly Apps." Inside F-Droid, they are only attributed to "SECUSO research group at Universität Darmstadt, Germany."

If you visit its website, in particular the Team page, you are greeted by a picture fronted mostly by women, in which women outnumber men six-to-three. The project leader is a woman, and in non-assistant positions, women outnumber men four-to-two.

But if you download (or read the code of, I imagine) the actual apps, and take care to visit their About pages, you will see that men outnumber women sixteen-to-one.

Those contributions are not present in apps' individual pages on the project's site.

So, as we all know, men's contributions are still there, they are only being minimized. Maybe so it is with men's technical oversight.

Why?

their About screens*

As I said, their pages don't mention their authorship.

Because it shows the disintegration of the project's internal focus from technical competence to politics.

In case you doubt the political nature of this choice, just re-read the OP. "Critical usability improvements" is a fucking oxymoron. That whole announcement displays the leftist practice of destruction by dilution. The meaning of "Tor" is broadened from the core, abstracted piece of software, which actually does the job (many different jobs, in fact, see below) into the "environment" under which contributions to irrelevancies such as interface, website, promotion or "education" are considered "contributing to Tor, too."

Fun fact: that latter process is exhibited excellently in the narrative concerning Ada Lovelace. Leftists are minimizing Babbage's insights as being "mere abstraction" and crediting Ada with the "true realization" of his machines' potential applications in generation of art, music, or whatever it is. But this is a complete misrepresentation of true merit. Babbage was not limited in his vision and only liberated from his narrow-mindedness from Lovelace, as feminists would have you believe. It's the very opposite: he had to discard all practical problems to solve, on consideration of which Ada was stuck, in order to abstract the mathematical nature of problem-solving into a form that he addressed in his machine. It was she who couldn't free herself from practical application.

("He became a poet? Good; he didn't have enough imagination to be a mathematician.")

This leftist manipulation is in essence presenting abstracted, general solutions (Babbage's machines, but also Tor that can be used for routing different kinds of traffic, not to mention may have led to even more broadly employable mathematical results) as inherently inadequate and lacking as long as they lack promotion, application and so on, wilfully ignoring the fact that it is that very generalized abstraction that allows them to be deployed universally. As always, leftists bite the hands (and minds) that feed.

(This appointment may not directly impair Tor's own code quality if it is used by the government, but since Tor is a very visible project, feminization and promotion of the "you don't need to write code to be a programmer" principle will probably impact policies of other libre software groups.)

This is nothing. It's just the nature of the SJW beast nowadays. Women get all of the glamorous public executive positions to avoid accusations of sexism, but all of the hard technical work is still done by mostly men. As long as the code is open source and as heavily scrutinized as Tor is, there's no need to worry. The same applies to Qubes, with Joanna Rutkowska taking the credit for it but guys like Marek doing most of the actual work.

Has there been a person as SEEEEEXIIIIIIST as to write a script that would parse projects' "Team" and "About Us" pages, extract info about leadership positions, and then proceed to analyse contributions to repositories so to establish a "merit neglect" score in the sense of which projects are most unrewarding to their actual contributors in terms of failing to credit them on their websites or organizations?

(I forgot about the tastiest bit: to relate the "neglect score" to a project's popularity.)

If such a system existed it would likely be gamed in the same way people game github to make their profiles apear more impressive. Making dozens of commits every day for several years, but 99% of them are grammar and formating fixes to documentation, or fixing inconsistant code styling (with each commit being fixes to a single line).

So they're just trying to appear "PC" without actually being cucked. Nothing wrong with that, I'd probably do it too if I was running a project or company.

You're right. I remembered after I had sent my post about that picture (admittedly, possibly fake) about a woman recipient of a Linux kernel hacking award whose "contribution" was changing variable types in it.

Still, AI advances; sooner or later it will be able to judge things' relevance too.

Yes, because here on Zig Forumstech, we're that insecure.

You consider not acknowledging apps' actual makers on those apps' actual pages (there are only GitHub links) as "nothing wrong"? I don't.

The fact that the sources are open for everyone to see and analyze, and that it wouldn't be very useful anyway because there would be unaffected mirrors.

It's open source that means it's safe because anyone can see the source code and spot malicious code. This is satire.

lol only a fucking tripfag could be this dumb

(Plus, it is wrong in the first place to imply women's technical superiority to men when it's not true.)

a jew who is claimed to be an obnoxious sodomite with a habit for sexually violating people

jacobappelbaum.net/

You, , are an obnoxious sodomite with a habit for sexually violating people.

See, you are now just as "claimed" to be one as that Appelbaum guy.

Also, it's pretty clever how someone took care to make that site available using HTTP as opposed to HTTPS in order to cast doubts about the man's security competence in eyes of people who don't visit it and believe it to be his own site.

fair. feel free to find my queer selfies and make a webpage about me.

(You)
And that's not what was implied.

As a historical curiosity, back when "computer" referred to a human whose job was to perform calculations, i.e. the 40's, women were chosen more often because they were, at the time, considered to be more talented than men for that kind of tasks. As a combination of that, and the relative shortage of men due to the necessities of war, the first programmers of the ENIAC were all women computers.
>the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics said in 1942, "It is felt that enough greater return is obtained by freeing the engineers from calculating detail to overcome any increased expenses in the computers' salaries. The engineers admit themselves that the girl computers do the work more rapidly and accurately than they would. This is due in large measure to the feeling among the engineers that their college and industrial experience is being wasted and thwarted by mere repetitive calculation"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC#Programmers

This is about the distinction between programming as translation of a program from form to form (spoken, written, digital) and programming as formulation of programs, procedures,>>903100 in the first place.

Calling translators of programs first programmers is like calling scribes first authors of literature.

If you consider programming to be an art like painting or sculpture, then sure. However, programming is a technical discipline, and translating an equation from its mathematical form to a series of instructions to be executed by the ENIAC is programming in itself. The fact that you might be dictated an algorithm does not take away the fact that implementing it as a series of instructions is programming.

Source?
I always thought J.R. was doing at least a big part of it.

Who is implying that?
Do you have hallucinations?

She's a qt tho

>>>/reddit/
t. non-pol poster

Still one of them

Good programming, caring about design, speed and cleverness is an "art" as in "artisan". There's a reason the holy scripture is called "The Art of Programming" and not "The Science of Programming".

Shit taste.

Oh really?
Show yours.

Something like this my.mixtape.moe/vlwtcz.jpg
Tor users can't post pics.

As you full well know, implications are unfalsifiable by definition.

this almost sounds important

the only reason tor still works is the cia niggers want it to keep working and for others to be using it so they can hide amongst it.

So basically, I can watch hurtcore CP on the internets without consequences, because of United States government? Thanks

Tor is overtaken by SJWs and agents

Well... they don't need that risk. CIA agents can just join Tor Project and do this on their own without bribing anybody - less risk

I prefer something like this
lolifox.org/lg/src/1524506912942.jpg

another photo of her
old.lwn.net/Articles/750314/

how is it even possible to be both kinds of retard at once? i don't care if tor has SJWs working on it other than the cringe. if someone wanted to backdoor an open source project, they can just join and put their backdoored code in, it's not hard. they don't need to pretend to be behind some social cause to get in

kill yourself, wretch.

you think this has to do with backdoors?

Why do people think this. How do you think "you can just join and add code" even works. You do realize open source projects have many levels of maintainers and sets of eyes that new code goes through before it added into mainline and released. Have you ever seen a mailing list? In any even remotely credible and serious project code is always looked at. It might be possible with some bullshit project that no one cares about but not something like the Linux kernel or Tor. No one "just adds" shit randomly that implements some spooky backdoor without the other hundreds of people not having a fucking clue that's it there. Please, if I'm wrong, show me an example of when someone has successfully done this.

Because the polniggers keep spamming about "SJWs infiltrating shit", so it sounds like they're talking about risk of backdoors or just halting the project with politics.

Lol. There are many ways to add backdoors in plain sight, the most basic technique is to subtly add the necessary changes as parts of many new features. Another very basic technique is to simply deliberately put a vulnerability in. Since we can't tell which vulns are deliberate or not, I'm just going to refer you to a vulnerability database like CVE.

Nice try COINTELPRO I aint using your botnet.

Attached: 1895f2_5946396.jpg (1080x1080, 540.63K)

Lol. There are many ways to kill a person with thoughts in plain sight, the most basic technique is to subtly add the necessary damage as parts of many small thoughts. Another very basic technique is to simply deliberately kill them with thoughts. Since we can't tell which deaths are deliberate or not, I'm just going to refer you to a death database like a graveyard.

Only potential problem I can see at a glance is that her history doesn't seem to indicate any technical skill

Or any kind of work experience. Those are all titles you give to quota hires.

the fuck

Technical competence is implied you retard. Do you really think an executive of a major project would not have extensive technical experience?

this problem is solved by replacing the entire team eventually.

well I guess it's somewhat okay, but she doesn't have muscle, looks like the first gust will blow her off her feet.

Attached: 1.jpg (640x960, 122.62K)

But what are better normie friendly alternatives where you can also "disappear in the crowd"?
Or do you suggest everyone to just stop browsing any and all embarrassing shit?

Not an argument.

It's a tranny

Attached: b441ed2723917de1c879f32e11f799ec438d3de2aa3bf3720c3279baa1eaf199.jpg (570x533, 50.17K)

hnng

And the proofs are … ?

What do you mean?

Attached: sarcasm.png (800x600, 3.92K)

I would peel the layers of her onion if you know what I mean

even better lmao

you are a funny person.

i see what you did there

Attached: 15001945324.jpg (200x198, 6.2K)

You're being a faggot. OP might have a point. RIP Tor, download Freenet.

s/clearnet//

anyone here have experience with gnunet?

you're so fucking stupid you actually believe this

Who made it then?

That "theatre of diversity" is immoral.

Attached: diversity in space.jpg (710x648, 68.42K)

The sad thing about that picture is that for all we know, the redhead in that photo may have been a diversity member in the first place; only it got an order of magnitude worse in the doodle.

Tor(ah) is a jewish-made network so they can share CP and organise child trafficking without being caught. Still worth using because they aren't being caught.

flight.nasa.gov/people/brown_bio.htm
My last day on Zig Forums and it's shit thanks to idiots like you.

Do any of these words have meaning?

"And" is a fairly well-defined and useful logical operator, I suppose.

Please elaborate on that before you leave forever.

So basically, she has shit all to do with actual astronautics?

>“That means we need a healthy and scalable network and a strong and (((diverse))) organization to support that.
Oh boy.

You literally just read a newspost about something without any opinion on you oversensitive retard.

Tell me one vulnerability in Tor. The only vulnerabilities that I know of are ones that only a large government could pull off, and they're not because of a backdoor. They have to collect all data going in and coming out by controlling a majority of entry and exit nodes.

Best get your suspicious sense fixed user.

I just mean there are more suspicious people out there.

Attached: Ashleigh Shackelford.jpg (1200x900, 170.46K)

Attached: frog.png (146x143, 29.46K)

OK. Makes sense for womyn to flock to office jobs, duh.
Hol' up nigga, you got proof-oh dat?

mod is a fa/gg/ot

Why would they chose an executive director with absolutely 0 knowledge of the C language or even any programming education? She had a law degree and did some html for a shitty startup in sanfran.

JavaScript still enabled by default.
Security settings set to low by default
No script set to allow embeddings by default
Check.torproject.org uses clear text links despite its entire purpose being to act as a directory of documentation/ip Checker.
Still uses and relies on Firefox despite there being other open-source browsers with way less lines of code.