Be a faggot with me

Opera is doing a livestream about some promised browser revolution.
Full of diverse speakers.
opera.com/r2iscoming

They're releasing new stuff, it seems.

Attached: opera.png (300x300, 25.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=R6In5HAcE1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=R6In5HAcE1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=kG6d4tUX3IE
otter-browser.org/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For those of us without javascript, where is the stream?

hooktube.com/watch?v=R6In5HAcE1Y

youtube.com/watch?v=R6In5HAcE1Y

It seems like nothing so far, they announced a purple gay logo and a new hippie mobile browser.
Desktop-wise seems just gimmicks.

Now LaQuisha is talking with all of her African accent.
Good thing she's just a host.

Holy crap, it's over.
It was literally nothing.

So essentially what they have is a Firefox pocket clone? meh. That's usually the first thing i disable. It would have been nice if it could store your sessions on your own server instead of violating privacy. not that i would use it but that would be something

This here is a good video about what happened.
youtube.com/watch?v=kG6d4tUX3IE

most of the true opera devs left and went over to work on otter-browser.org/ back when opera decided to pull a firefox quantom

disappointing. deeply disappointing

Who exactly is Opera's target userbase? The kind of people who ask where they can download the browser on the livestream or ask from Facebook?

all these questions are made up and preselected.

People who don't want Edge/IE, FireFox or Chrome, but don't want more fringe stuff either.
Who they are, beats me.

Why would you expect Opera, a Chinese proprietary browser, to release an open source self-hosted service? Are you stupid?

No, they're working on Vivaldi. And Firefox Quantum is nowhere nearly as bad as Opera 13 was.

Is it anudda Australis? Or worse?

Unironically, Africa.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-04-25 07-57-10.png (917x457, 104.59K)

Wouldn't that be because mobile browsing on old phones is the predominant form of browsing in Africa?

Reminder that opera is spyware

spyware.neocities.org/articles/opera.html

well, umm. It's different. The browser is now waay faster than it ever was, but it also is a bit more resource-intensive. Also the whole extension system is completely different, so some new stuff now exists like addons being more secure and I think being able to be multi-core (or was it multi-process?) while some old addons like downthemall or self-destructing cookies won't work anymore (although SDC has a replacement with Cookie Auto-Delete).
Basically, XUL is dead, and replaced with the new WebExtensions standard that can apparently be somewhat more cross-browser.
uwu

Attached: meow.jpg (500x600, 43.53K)

That is a /g/-tier meme.

They are more secure just because they are much more limited feature-wise and not because of any inherent advantage of chaning to webextensions per se.

Could be done a long time ago without the Quantum meme.

Every standard could be cross-platform, Webext just happened to be the one forced by Google and since the current enviroment follows their lead to the point 90% of the browsers are themed-Chromes...

Opera, with the couple last updates or so, is now considered faster and lighter than firefox quantum and less resource intensive than it and chrome.

It's literally nothing compared to every other mainstream browser.
You can just change your search engine and use it incognito and this outdated spyware site info becomes irrelevant.

The only browser that is arguably worse than this one in terms of privacy is chrome. Firefox or a Firefox fork will have significantly less spyware in it, even though Firefox is also spyware.

GNU Icecat is comfy! It also has a cute kitty icon!

Attached: Icecat.png (650x650, 177.09K)

If google would not have spread like a virus by paying the most downloaded softwares on windows the world would be a different place.
Btw does someone still as the .jpg of some software that each time installed and made chrome the per default browser.

I bet Stallman had sex with that cat

Attached: pixel.png (699x629 106 B, 543.67K)

stallman is very OwO

Reminder that Qutebrowser exists

Alot of chinkeet installers on wangblows seem to do that these days.
Not that any normalfag would care considering all mainstream browser choices are just different slices of botnet these days.
As retarded as the browser wars and IE6 may have been, at least there was some degree of genuine choice regarding HTML layout rendering engines back then. Nowadays it's either webkit/blink or gecko/servo with a gorillion forks each followed by a few meme browsers with NoExtensions.

Call me when there's a windows fork available.

Don't worry, you'll soon be streaming all your software directly from the cloud.

are they reviving presto? if not, not interested.

Really now, I don't think we've had a good OS for years now.

I do not disagree, but gaymes aside, running windows by choice is retarded at this point.

What is a diverse speaker? Does that mean they're niggers and spics? More importantly who cares?