What about this?

what about this?

Attached: 1524660453.png (720x1280, 495.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assigned_/8_IPv4_address_blocks
sh.189.cn/en/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install it and find out

is this bait?

Click on info

you be the judge

It's time to stop, we had this thread. This is botnet. Make your own DNS with Unbound or Bind

Attached: screams_of_the_damned.webm (640x358, 1.15M)

He shilled it on 4ch as well.

This is being heavily shilled all over there internet, shamelessly
I'd have no problem trying it out if not for this, but fuck the paid shills and fuck the botnet

Attached: 1524073243292-g.jpg (960x960, 123.09K)

So what you're saying is that shills actually saved you from the botnet

yes, thank God for obvious shills and my aversion to corporations
i just know retarded newfaggots everywhere are gonna fall for it and their shitty campaign will be successful, makes me mad

Attached: 1524644546079-g.png (600x453, 354.96K)

Name one reason to switch from OpenNIC.

There's no reason, OP just asked what about it. He was asking you for a reason.

Or just use your fucking own DNS liks a white boy.

Don't be a fucking fucktard holy fucking shit.
Install Unbound right now. You even can do filtering at the DNS level.

I was going to add this to my block list, but turns out it's already in there. *shrug*

Attached: fucking nyaggers.png (964x580, 37.75K)

Oh so this explains people talking about cuckflare DNS. This is cringy on several levels.
1: DNS is not a real thing, it's a shitty hack someone quickly made back in the day so people could connect to a machine without rememering its IP, and everone in the company could use the same name for one machine with a central point of configuration. And this assumes nobody in the small company is malicious (leading to the next point). The pretense that DNS is some sort of prestigious thing is complete and utter cringe.
2: DNS is useless for anything but a small party of people who trust each other (and even then it's not very useful) because it's not secure. It's prone to phishing (especially with the advent of unicode) and hijacking at several levels.
3: The fact that DNS causes additional latency for accessing websites is cringe in itself. A real solution like petnames (which are secure, e.g unhijackable and unphishable), have zero latency
4: The web already has 10 second latencies. Shaving 10 milliseconds will not help anything, even if you're stuck behind 10 sequential name resolutions (100ms saved out of 1s). For 99% of websites, I literally get better latency while running my scraping programs over tor than you'll ever get over the clearnet
5: It's fucking _cuckflare_, the idiots who ruined half the internet. I can't even quickly wget some shit from a terminal now, I have to hand hold my web browser to make it look like I'm not a bot (that said, it's trivial to bypass their "anti-bot" stuff, but just enough of a hurdle to be insufferable - for instance I scrape 10s of thousands of pages without triggering their captcha even once). The only reason I can access half the internet with a web browser (on my bad goy IP address) is because I put a special user agent that bypasses cuckflare, but who knows how long that will last. Until recently, there was a ~5 year period where the only way to access half the web was to go through recaptcha.

btw for any torniggers this is the user-agent that bypasses cuckflare (tor browser already uses it):
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0

I'm not sure what you're on about with
But
My thoughts exactly. It's not like name resolving is a huge bottleneck. Pointless, retarded advertising.

DELET

Any idea how much Kikeflare paid for 1.1.1.1?

It isn't. They want to know every website people visit, even the 2-3 sites that don't use Kikeflare. Without lying nobody would bother with it.

Speaking of shaving milliseconds off load times, is there any reason why connecting to a VPN in a foreign country and browsing from there would be faster than browsing from inside my own country? Should I be worried?

It can be faster if the route (you)->vpn->site is faster than (you)->site, which is unlikely unless your router fucks with HTTP packets but doesn't bully VPN traffic. You can do a traceroute and see who is responsible for the slowdown.

Different routes from your ISP to peers may be faster than others. Its likely that every customer of your ISP is being sent to youtube down a particular path. This path can become clogged with all the users. In this case connecting to the VPN would use a different route, and the VPN probably has a better route to youtube servers that you do.

Please don't post gore, this is a christian imageboard.

Probably because of difference in peering
you can check with traceroute to find the clogs.

DNS isn't a real thing because I can literally just give people an IP address to connect to my shit, and they can just write down the said IP address (they should write down the public key too if they want to be secure like 99.999% of web services claim to be). Since I need to have the public key of someone I want to connect to in order to communicate with them, DNS "saving me from remembering numbers" doesn't actually solve any problem, because I still have to write down the public key of the guy I want to talk to. Without DNS, I can just store myniggajamal->{13.34.56.123,jamals_public_key}. Changing that to myniggajamal->{jamal.me,jamals_public_key} doesn't solve any problem.

when polniggers discover routing

Breddy gud post. The original free DNSes were 4.2.2.1 and 8.8.4.4. Both became a thing because so often your default DNS (your ISP) is just horrendous: They hijack queries, abominably slow, shameful uptime. Those two became a standard troubleshooting step, then people started saying, why even wait until I'm troubleshooting?

The marketing aims at two kinds of users:

Why would cuckflare care to attract these people? Clearly they're just looking to collect as much traffic data as possible and sell it. Now that they're getting close to saturating the CDN market this is their strategic move to maintain "growth".

Can you elaborate on how you bypass it? I'm asking out of curiosity, I do similar things myself. Is cuckflare really based on just useragent? Do you have to re-do the CAPTCHA every time tor changes circuits?

Since this thread is duplicate and shit anyway, I'd like to ask some worthwhile questions.
How would one get the IP of 1.3.3.7 or 1.4.8.8? Would be pretty cool. (but probably cost $100000s)

You never had to redo recaptcha when tor changed circuits because the status was cookie based. Like I said, you don't even need to fill the captcha in most cases anymore. There are still a very small amount of sites that need it, presumably because they're triggered because they got "attacked" recently or something. I haven't had to fill the captcah in almost a year now after switching user agents. For scraping any browser plugin will just work as long as your browser works. All I did is record a request my browser made and copy the headers and change the parts I need to and I never ran into the captcha.

You have obviously never installed or used a web server in any meaningful way. How are you supposed to serve appropriate responses from the same server, with the same IP address?
Maybe we could use HTTP Headers, but it is nice to use api.mybutt.com vs www.mybutt.com. In any case, DNS just werks right now and it is not just used for "saving me from remembering numbers". Unless you want everyone to have multiple IP addresses for the same service (doesn't make any sense) we need name services of some sort.

DNS has purpose and it is a means to an end.

Attached: 26f1de04a2a95bd633e58081da78c4c8cbc2e46c7e55a594bbbe57d06d33d336.png (630x417, 261.24K)

do a whois on the ip's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assigned_/8_IPv4_address_blocks

These big blocks are already assigned to organisations.

Looks like both of them are owned by "CHINANET Guangdong province network" sh.189.cn/en/

False but i'm not proud of this.
AKA not needed
Even if you need multiple IPs you can just add them all to the entry in your address book instead of just 1, and your computer iterates through them until it can connect to 1. You never even need to look at the IPs, you just select "Meme Center" from your address book.
Since it creates about 50 problems while giving a shit solution to 0.5 problems, no, it does not have a purpose.

I was all for it until I tried Adguard, now I used adguard instead.

1.1.1.1 is a good DNS, it does speed things up a little, but jeez, using Adguard AND ublock + a hosts file, that's three layers of protection for my PC

why not both XDDDD

Don't forget to add 1.0.0.1 as well.

We actually do. SNI (server name indication) checks the Host header in the HTTP request. Your browser automatically sets this to the DNS name of what you're connecting to. Technically you could do this without DNS somehow.

No. DNS is useful because it offers a central database of abstract name -> routable address mappings. These mappings change, can vary by requester, and so on. Even if we could boil every network service you will ever connect to down to a single IP or set of IPs, if you think you can actually just write them down and expect to be able to stay on top of every time they change, you either do nothing on the internet, or have way too much free time.

So I have a service that makes a large amount of queries, and in order to not get rate-limited, I round-robin it across every public DNS I can find. On thursday (over the course of 24 hours) google's public DNS had 4 failed queries on 8.8.8.8 and 3 failed queries on 8.8.4.4. Google is historically the worst, but clownflare has now taken the crown, with 68 failed queries on 1.1.1.1 and 54 on 1.0.0.1 over thursday.
Also nice is this little gem:
Really makes you think.
Also notice that a lot of the latency numbers are so short that they would have to be in the same datacenter. I wonder why DNSPerf's monitoring points seem to be in the same datacenters as clownflare's DNS?

DNS is decentralized though

DNS is feudal really. The root is central, and everything else is delegated.