TL;DR: Plagiarizing bitches win 4 grand simply for being female coders. Feminism wins, once again

TL;DR: Plagiarizing bitches win 4 grand simply for being female coders. Feminism wins, once again.

archive.fo/3ydir

My team and I went to a hackathon two days ago called "EarthxHack". We, along with every other honest team, spent the last 24 hours without sleep programming our application in the hope of winning or at least placing in the top 3 at the hackathon. It turned out that the team who won was an all girls team. Their idea, frankly, was very lacking compared to any other idea.

On top of this, they did not program anything whatsoever. Rather, they made a bare-bones powerpoint presentation that presented their "idea". Their "code" that they were talking about in the submission was merely another individual's project that was copied off of GitHub. They didn't take any effort to make this copy of the code believable. They didn't change up the code at all, and they didn't even try to change the name of the author. They straight up just forked the GitHub repository and called it their own. They blatantly disregarded the rules of the hackathon, yet the judges gave no effort to verify that the rules were followed and just gave the all-girls team 1st place along with $4,000 because, surprise, they were girls... "females in STEM" I guess.

So much for gender equality.

Submission: archive.fo/lNJQV

"Their code" (Notice how the last edit on even the latest file was from 9 days ago, which an entire week before this hackathon was held.): archive.fo/XvNwC

Rules of the Hackathon (Notice rule 3, "You must create everything at the event". The girls didn't even create anything in the first place.): archive.fo/O6vjK

The discussion forum that was talking about this was deleted by admins: archive.fo/btfV6

The person who started the discussion forum for this at Devpost was blocked from the hackathon by the admins.

Attached: large_news1004610_952925.jpg (835x365, 68.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redd.it/8evo0h
hooktube.com/channel/UCQ5xY26cw5Noh6poIE-VBog
archive.fo/3ydir
archive.today/2018.04.25-183550/https://www.hockaday.org/page/news-detail?pk=1004610&fromId=234353
archive.today/2018.04.24-091255/https://devpost.com/software/roammate-u2bjq0
archive.today/2018.04.24-091126/https://github.com/maymay3791/Uber_android_app_clone
archive.today/2018.04.25-201139/https://earthxhack18.devpost.com/rules
archive.today/2018.04.25-032732/https://earthxhack18.devpost.com/forum_topics
archive.today/2018.04.25-210033/https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/8ej00o/all_womens_team_plagiarizes_code_from_other/dxwtrdc/
archive.today/2018.04.25-193445/https://www.reddit.com/r/PussyPass/comments/8eex43/women_are_definitely_disadvantaged_in_stem_fields/dxvsggg/?context=3&st=jgfi0lat&sh=6bcf8683
reddit.com/r/womenEngineers/comments/8ef1k9/i_believe_that_womens_abilities_in_stem_fields/
reddit.com/r/womenEngineers/comments/8ef1k9/i_believe_that_womens_abilities_in_stem_fields/dxvbvfe/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism
twitter.com/S1mpleCoder
reddit.com/user/simCoderHere
reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8ehtu5/a_team_blatantly_cheated_other_teams_in_a/dxvkq8b/
ceddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8ehtu5/a_team_blatantly_cheated_other_teams_in_a/dxvkq8b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you make stdio.h? How about the compiler? How about the CPU? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Why even bother to go to these things? Boycott them on principal and notify literally everyone you can reach they are a farce. Guaranteed they clean up their act by the time the next one rolls around or go bust.

It's called being oppressed shitlord. You should try it some time.

Guess you won't mind if I plagiarize your thesis since you cited sources, used words coined by others, and didn't invent your own custom alphabet.

Attached: lolicatgirls.webm (200x134, 1.36M)

top meme
they deserve it

Attached: little đŸ…±ađŸ…±y.jpg (600x600, 49.8K)

wew look who they stole the code from

reddit.com/r/PussyPass/comments/8eex43/women_are_definitely_disadvantaged_in_stem_fields/dxvsggg/
redd.it/8evo0h
hooktube.com/channel/UCQ5xY26cw5Noh6poIE-VBog

Attached: w.jpg (817x491 180.26 KB, 204.69K)

It wins but it's not winning, this is just proving that females aren't made to code, it's just disgraceful to the whole hacker community
>archive.fo/3ydir
Please post full length links please, it's available in the share section of archive .fo .is

Didn't know about that. Here's all the links in order:
archive.today/2018.04.25-183550/https://www.hockaday.org/page/news-detail?pk=1004610&fromId=234353
archive.today/2018.04.24-091255/https://devpost.com/software/roammate-u2bjq0
archive.today/2018.04.24-091126/https://github.com/maymay3791/Uber_android_app_clone
archive.today/2018.04.25-201139/https://earthxhack18.devpost.com/rules
archive.today/2018.04.25-032732/https://earthxhack18.devpost.com/forum_topics

MODS MODS MODS

Attached: cunny hackathon.jpg (592x250, 31.99K)

oh no no no

Dang it. 🙁

Thank you.

He deserves what he's getting.
True I'm just angry that he never read the GPL.

It's like a plagiarism dream team. Pottery.

This hasn't been picked up by any media ?

It won't - right now - but doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out. This is more like a death by a thousand cuts thing and this is why people shouldn't ignore this shit, eventually this house of cards will collapse

No one touches this shit specially now with all the #metoo crap and how women are literally mauled in the tech field by rabid dude bros. Best you can get is one of those antisjw blogs or a random collage going around facebook

This shit is being censored everywhere.

Ho I agree with that.
Maybe someone should send this to RMS.

even the /mensrights/ reddit thread ?
because i cant find it

archive.today/2018.04.25-210033/https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/8ej00o/all_womens_team_plagiarizes_code_from_other/dxwtrdc/
archive.today/2018.04.25-193445/https://www.reddit.com/r/PussyPass/comments/8eex43/women_are_definitely_disadvantaged_in_stem_fields/dxvsggg/?context=3&st=jgfi0lat&sh=6bcf8683

You can do bad stuff with free software, like breaking the rules of a contest. It's up to the judges to stop them, not the license.

If the license forbade users from doing bad stuff with it, it wouldn't be truly free.

thx

kekats

You are trying to blanket this as the norm and therefore we need to regress any progress that has been made to get more women into STEM.

Just for a little bit of perspective, here are things I've experienced but you most likely have not:

7th grade Algebra (which was the honors math track). Struggled with the first test and received a B or a C. My teacher told me "It's okay. Not everyone is good at math. If you need to we can move you into the pre-Algebra class so it's a little easier for you." I mean, she MIGHT have said that to every student who didn't get an A, but I doubt it. We condition girls to feel like it's bad to fail and to do something easier and succeed. With boys we tell them they've given it a good try, and to try again,and that failure is a learning tool so it's okay if you don't succeed the first time. It's not something we tell girls (and this is something that has been studied - I'm not pulling this out of my ass). Little comments that seem helpful can actually be more detrimental to girls as they're navigating learning and interests. It's why researchers find no difference in preference for math between girls and boys when kids are young, but when they get into the teenage years, the percentage of girls who say they don't like, or aren't good at math skyrocket.

Had a group member in college become upset after I told him I wasn't interested in dating him. He proceeded to "forget" to tell me about group meetings, or tell me the wrong times. I'd ask if the group wanted to meet on Wednesday evening. I'd be told he couldn't meet so I'd propose a different time. Turns out he'd text the other group members that Wednesday would work but for some reason the message rarely got to me until the meeting started and someone else texted to ask where I am. Well, I'm at the gym, so I guess I'll be there in 20. He told me I wasn't allowed to touch the project except for painting it because I might break it. I DID write the entire report, though. It was the one component of the project that we received full marks for (second highest score in the class). The actual project didn't even work on the day we presented. He then wrote in the peer evaluation that I was a poor group member because I didn't show up to meetings or help with any of the project. I earned a B in the class but the professor knocked the grade down, even though I had talked with him about what was going on and the other two group members gave me fine evaluations. Again, the guy was super cool to me until 6 weeks into class when I turned him down for a date.

Being told repeatedly that I only landed my internships or jobs BECAUSE I'm a woman. I'm not going to say that all things being equal they didn't select me over a man, but all that means is that we were equal candidates and they flipped a coin to decide who to hire. Instead of actually flipping a coin, they went with diversity. It's not like they selected an unqualified woman over very qualified men.

It was a running joke at my first internship that I got my job because I was sleeping with my boss. My boss was my best friend's dad and I had known him for more than a decade. But this rumor went on the entire first half of the summer. I only found out because one of the guys in the department admitted to me that I was actually good at my job, and that maybe I wasn't just given this job because I was sleeping with the boss. Like, I understand that the company didn't have a formal internship program and my friend's dad made a job for me so I could get my foot in the door with an internship, but that has nothing to do with me being a girl. But sure, I only landed my job because I'm sleeping with a married man.

I have zero mentors in my field. I sit on an engineering council for my industry. There are 11 of us. I'm the only woman. There are about a dozen other women engineers total in my industry out of hundreds, if not thousands, none of whom live anywhere near me. It's not that I don't feel comfortable going to ask questions to the guys, but not having guidance or mentorship from someone who has been in your shoes is disheartening. Yeah the Society of Women Engineers might write a profile of us because it's a niche field that a lot of people think is pretty cool, but when your CEO puts his hand up to your mouth while you're talking in a meeting that YOU are leading, there are just so few people who can relate to you.

"But you don't LOOK like an engineer!" Wink and smile. This isn't a compliment and I get it all the time. I get it. You have a stereotype of a woman engineer as a hideous gargoyle and I'm a good looking woman (and not afraid to admit that). But thanks for making me feel weird and creeped out by my chosen profession. What a weird backhanded compliment.

Don't need to explain more I already know all that (malware motherfucker infected me on fdroid fortunately fdroid are against that sort of bullshit and they btfo him), thanks it's nice for you to explain that.

I have more but it's getting long. Not one thing by itself would make me quit, but when things like this happen over and over and over, it wears on you. It's why a lot of women leave the profession. It just wears you down over time and it's exhausting to deal with constantly. I'm fortunate that I have an amazing boss and amazing coworkers who treat me with respect. When I've been talked down to by a contractor doing a bid, my boss is the first person who says that we don't need to bother reviewing it.

So, do I think women should be entitled to additional perks in STEM because they happen to be a woman? No. But I do think you're misguided in thinking that the "barriers" to STEM are the same for men and women. They're invisible hurdles that you don't see. They're small but they add up. I'm sorry you had this experience, and it was unfair. But that doesn't negate the fact that women often go through more to get to the same point when it comes to STEM.

nice pasta fagit

Attached: wew.jpg (642x148, 55.37K)

Topkek
Is this pasta ?
Nice responsibility bias, everyone gets rekt in life anyone can be btfo for any reasons, letting other people dictate what you want to do (even I agree it's crushing sometimes) is bullshit and removing your responsibility from your failure is even more bullshit you have the final word on what you do and are capable of.
Hormones bitch. It changes the brain even further.
I won't go further this txt is so full of inconsistency and views only made from feelings that I can't continue.

It looks like pasta but it's an actual response on reddit to the same topic as OP.

reddit.com/r/womenEngineers/comments/8ef1k9/i_believe_that_womens_abilities_in_stem_fields/

reddit.com/r/womenEngineers/comments/8ef1k9/i_believe_that_womens_abilities_in_stem_fields/dxvbvfe/

I didn't blow my best friend's dad to get my job.. it was nepotism!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism

Back in college a girl in my writing class had a crush on me, but I wasn't interested in her. After she realized this, she became very resentful. She tried all kinds of mean shit, until one day I watched her going through my stuff until she found my essay that I was supposed to give to the professor that day, and threw it in the trash. I had filmed most of it, and told her if she didn't stop this shit, I would show it to everyone. Much later I also found out that she was trying to spread some very nasty rumors about me. Thankfully nobody bought it.

You might say that's just one shitty person and doesn't mean anything about society as a whole. I say: No, the personal is political! This is systemic, the matriarchy did it! Misandry is rampant!

I think he'd be disgusted. Even anti-copyright people are disguted by plagiarism (i.e. fraud). Further, plagiarism is always wrong regardless of copyright status (public domain or not).

And this leddit pasta is trying to blanket the 'muh women are treated worse in STEM' case as the only one that happens. Also there's no real reason to get more women into STEM other than the "muh 1:1 ratio of women/men means equality" meme.

nice pasta
If this was ever an earnest post at one time, it just highlights the narrow view the woman has on the world. Men deal with very similar if not the exact same shit. The knives are out they just come in at slightly different angles. Welcome to a man's world bitch.

Hackathons are cringey as shit. I used to go to some in my uni, but the only nice one I ever experienced was LA Hacks. I still can't stand all the shit with "hackers xddd" and "hurr durr innovation." That problem is extremely rampant in smaller hackathons. But LA Hacks was actually pretty good with legit stuff. I think there was a guy who won some award at one in which he wrote a program that uses machine learning to enhance video resolution and framerate. The ones where everyone makes fucking apps and powerpoints are the shitty ones.

and change to https, too

this one sounds like it's a pozathon from the very get go

Consequences of justice when?
This sounds like grounds for felony.

They just know how to play the game better than you do.

Did no one else enter or is this some sort of kid division? By just reading their submission you can tell that they have very little experience with programming let alone the ability to create something truly innovative.

would definitely fug number 4 while number 1 watches and waits her turn

kill yourself

These cunts are frauds. How can they get away with that shit? Did they suck the judges off?

you will even fuck a dog, so what?

Oh com'n, number 1 reminds too much of Torvalds.

Nice try COINTELPRO but you lost because it was set up from the start. Not that they were girls but that they volenatrly agree to exchange (money,sex,whatever) beforehand.
Get rekt retards idpol faggots for not seeing this blatant volentary transaction.

Attached: 31641.jpg (165x233, 10.56K)

lmao classic stuff

This. Those judges just crashed their hackathon with no survivors. Nobody with a brain will want to go there again.

Fuck your fat cunt.

Women are niggers.

You are a narcissist who blames your problems on sexism. Seek help.

There are actual hackathlons and then there are those shitty coding competitions called "hackathlons". I had the displeasure of visiting one such hackathlon

I mean, Hackathlons usually mean you're supposed to go there and make something useful, something that serves a purpose, if i wanted to solve algorithmic problems, i'd rather sit at my apartment

This is yet another POLITICS thread on my TECHNOLOGY board.

Attached: pepsi dog.jpg (640x480, 85.49K)

Look at this hag

I see you don't even remove your tripfag code if you're shitposting

It is, in fact, not technology. It's about how people who are related to technology interact. It's not about what the girls made or stole, it's
It's tiresome and belongs to /*pol/.

nice try. same type of person that complains about muh BSD license is cucked all the time

Well software licenses are well within topic, actually.

this is relevant to technology you leftycuck

It's about the fact THAT they stole and also a license issue, if you've bothered to read the thread

The license isn't being discussed and everyone just agreed that it would have been the same with a BSD. This is just bad faith and this kind of threads need to die and be moved to other boards where they stay more relevant. I don't know, maybe create a /techpol/ board so that we don't drown in a see of "muh diversity hires did X"

This contradicts itself and it seems to me people argued in favor of GPL

8ch wallows just another idpol pait

This.
Reddit user /u/parrot15 (interesting name!)
Some selected comments:
On /r/pics, post Single mother of 5 proudly poses with children in her law school graduation photo:
On /r/Futurology, post Running for President in 2020, Andrew Yang says Universal Basic Income might be the answer to Automation.

On /r/AskTrumpSupporters (lol!), post Where do you go for news?
>Edit:Oops, I accidentally misread your comment. I prefer The Washington Post, I don't really go on The Wallstreet Journal (WSJ).
On /r/AskReddit, post What do you proudly do "wrong?"

Gee man. Gee.
Active in these communities:
So, all popular subbreddits and NOT ONE of them, bar /r/womenEngineers, is about programming or software development.
His Twitter account: twitter.com/S1mpleCoder
Not a single mention of the code theft. Really makes you think.

I'm glad my thread makes you think and investigate.

Plagiarism isn't theft though. Even if it were it wouldn't be theft because it's licensed under a cuck license.

but they are wearing nerd glasses they cant possibly plagiarize they are nerds

Yes, you are indeed a very smart individual - which is what you have your tripcode for I'm guessing. As a seal of quality of sorts, for your always well thought out posts.
In your infinite wisdom, you have decided that we should shoot the messenger first, which is very wise indeed - this way we don't have to deal with the message. Now that you have completely and utterly destroyed the OP that posted the news (but is otherwise completely unrelated to the code), we could investigate the user who actually licensed the code under MIT and said so: reddit.com/user/simCoderHere
I suppose you already knew that, but decided to lay him aside as long as the OP, who has nothing to do with all this, is still alive and breathing.

Attached: 56756756867.jpg (855x720, 83.4K)

I wonder how many hackathons datamine you to see how you perform basic coding tasks.

Don't psyops me you leftynigger. What is your post history? Let's see that and then we'll talk.

Are you restricted on what language / libraries you can use?

You certainly have the ego of a tripfag down pat.

Posting about hackathons being undermined thanks to biased judging and zero effort contestants is Zig Forums-related.

You don't get to bitch about someone's name offsite when you're busy egowhoring and tripfagging on an imageboard. Honestly, your entire wall of text is so completely fucking meaningless I have no idea what you're doing here.

Accept that this is Zig Forums-The imageboard, or leave. Ever since GG.

I didn't realize we were on Reddit.

Oh no, you can fuck right off with that attitude. Just because the thread is Zig Forums-relevant doesn't mean that the site is Zig Forums-owned. Back in the GG days, everyone agreed that hugboxing was complete fucking cancer. Then hotwheels lost control of the site, the Zig Forums mods resigned in protest, the imkampfy and other leftover idiots ran Zig Forums into the ground and made it a complete circlejerking hugbox attracting the worst scum from 4chan, and they all started parading around like they own the fucking place, acting generally retarded, and attempting to report people for disagreeing with them, believing the whole site to be their own private hugbox and ordering everyone else to leave. It's complete fucking newfag cancer, and the colossal ego on you fuckers is galling. Go back to 4chan already and stop trying to nigger the site.

I'm interpreting this as the classic

Attached: if-I-ignore.jpg (499x396, 48.16K)

reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8ehtu5/a_team_blatantly_cheated_other_teams_in_a/dxvkq8b/

Lawyer here: I’m sorry this happened...but you don’t have much of a case, and you are treading into dangerous territory for your future career and your credibility.

Legally speaking, you’d have an argument to receive your entrance fee back if the judges had promised to abide by a certain set of rules, but didn’t. Were there tickets? A contract? Receipts? If so, your case would depend on what promises were made by each party in writing. If I had to guess, though, the judges had sole discretion to declare the winner, and you participated without paying anything. If that’s the case, you’re out of luck.

Also, if you make a stink about the “identity politics” component, you’ll be souring your career prospects by throwing in with the neckbeard types who make these arguments. I’m not saying your work wasn’t as good as theirs, or better, but you really don’t want to be the intolerant guy right now. It was never ok, but it’s even less ok in our current media environment.

Do yourself a favor - drop this crusade, stop trashing the winning team online, and move on. If you’re feeling extra-gracious, send a note of congratulations to the winners.

and, what bothers me the most is that this could actually be true.
now what do?

A woman can literally kill a man and get away with it because "patriarchy" and "oppression."

No amount of female cheating, laziness, fraud, lying, manipulation, and so on will ever meet any consequence whatsoever as long as there are no studies that show that there was no "oppression" whose existence in the past has justified this kind of behavior in the present. For women to be met with anything but universal celebration the myth of all-excusing misogyny must be dismissed.

And as for such studies, well...

did he ever thought that maybe these neckbeard type arguments are called neckbeard type arguments precisely to try discrediting any complain about similar issues in the first place

Well they had a success while doing that?
I often see people immediately dismissing anything at all as soon as they see it's related to MensRights or similar groups in the slightest way.
How can we undo this? Or we can now only wait till everything crashes and burns as the result, and then maybe tell "we told you so" if we are going to be still alive at this point?

(Also remember that the leftist web of defence never relies on a single tactic. Decrying studies on sex differences as "sexist" is one thing; but the society has also been indoctrinated to dismiss such studies as do by lucky chance get out into the public as "mere generalizations," "ignoring exceptions," "lumping all women together," "ignoring the fact that everyone is an individual," "impying that no one can choose to ignore one's predispositions," "being merely a study," "relying on a couple of narrow definitions"... The pool of leftist solutions to presence of an inconvenient truth is almost unlimited.)

Are you seriously doubting that? Of course he is perfectly aware of that.

It's the double-emphasis on the fact that they were an all-female team that causes that reaction, in this case. Yeah, everyone's tired of the endless parade of women being given favorable treatment for subpar work, but the uninitiated have been thoroughly trained to disregard people that point it out just as much as they currently disregard conspiracy theorists and antisemites.

The judges are the ones to blame here for awarding a cheating team. You can try to roll a handful of tarts in on the guilt, and you'd be right to do so, but it's not going to get traction outside of people who already think that this sort of thing is retarded.

It's reparations for misogyny, you sexist neckbeard.

Ceddit links are more fun. They uncensor the deleted comments so you can witness how the mod team operates:

ceddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8ehtu5/a_team_blatantly_cheated_other_teams_in_a/dxvkq8b/

You're looking at it from a contractual perspective. Legally speaking, if the judging panel does not employ a fair and predictable standard for the apportionment of prizes, it can move from being a skill competition to an illegal lottery. I'm not too clear on the details but I think you could have a lawyer look it over.

This.

Woops, didn't mean to sage.

We're on an anonymous imageboard you stinky nigger. Quit LARPing as a lawyer.

Obviously not you daft cunt.

I've always wondered what was meant to be contributed with this kind of comment.

My apologies, I thought "everyone who matters" was implied.

I doubt you could do much legally BUT there is a reputation recourse.

Next time they run the compettition everyone will know it rewards your ability to cheat rather than your ability to code.
Then legit coders will know to avoid it.

This is a quote, dumbass.

How does that change anything?
There are a lot of teams who will compete in cheating for the show.

Attached: 1502173085332.png (341x253, 71.52K)

Fewer people will enter. You cant put winning a compettition for plagiarising other peoples work on your CV for isntance. It would lower your chances of getting a job.

Its perfectly fine for a private company to hold a compettition to find out who is the best plagiariser. As long as its not pretending to be anything else.

I just like that part of the comic.