Hearing aid

tl;dr my dad is broke and almost deaf, hearing aids are expencive as shit so i was thinking about making him a pair myself.

i found a DSP for it, the RHYTHM SB3231 from On Semi.
onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/SB3231-D.PDF
the diagram doesn't look too complicated but the website is messy and i can't find the programing software for it.

does any of you have some experience with it ?

Attached: earq-r-l9-hearing-aid.jpg (600x600, 56.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.onsemi.com/pdf/ARKWP.pdf
ark.onsemi.com/releasearchives.php
openaudio.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/a-teensy-hearing-aid.html
motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/how-to-make-a-hearing-aid-zmaz85mazsie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First--what country are you in?...

In the USA hearing aids are horribly expensive because they must pass AMA testing to qualify for Medicare payment. So a lousy one costs $500 and a good one costs $2000.

There are really cheap "hearing amplifiers" sold china-direct, on aliexpress and the like. These probably aren't the best ones around but they might be good enough, and they cost $20-$50.

nah they sucks, they're basically just op-amps in a small form factor.
there is no filtering, noise reduction or anything.

hearing aids are shit tech
what you want is a electrode feeding pulses straight to the cochlear nerve

What is the signal chain for a hearing aid?

I don't have the necessary skills for that.

bump

Attached: 15163362698970.jpg (778x512, 45.24K)

where there's a will there's a way

Let's assume that OP doesn't have the will to perform amateur kitchen-counter neurosurgery on dear old dad. This is Zig Forums, not /darwinawards/.

That tbh

Ask your local Christian Church to help raise funds for this tbh.
If your a jew or mudslime go fuk ureself

I don't believe your father is deaf. I believe you are trying to steal tech. You don't even know how hearing aids function.

fixed

This is ridiculous.

These hearing implants make crap sound quality. They have like 10 electrodes, this means you will hear 10 frequencies only. That's gonna sound like utter fucking dog shit, and everyone who has the cochlear implant can confirm that.

I suppose with appropriate programming, you can encode the tone in binary and volume in signal strength, and switch rapidly for each tone, which should work, just like FM synthesis works. But good fucking luck with that. All industry software is an absolute cheapskate crap, and it stays that way until you fix it yourself. I have to deal with a lot of it, I would know.

Actually nevermind, that won't be like FM, that'll be like chiptune arpeggio.

Thats nice to know, gold someone help me with my programming software now?

Can I install gentoo on it?

Challenge accepted. I hear there is a PICO architecture that might work for this formfactor. It might be a little larger then the ear though, but you would have plenty of power at extreme energy efficiencies.

Can you install gentoo on the cochlear nerve?

Doubt

Tried ARK? ark.onsemi.com/pdf/ARKWP.pdf
It supports the SB3231 according to its changelog (v.6.4.0) ark.onsemi.com/releasearchives.php

It requires a long in to download

a long int?

I think he means networking within the company ranks, get to know people, find favors, that sort of thing.

They demand company info to register. i don't have a company.

I picked up a pair in Dollar General the other day. 20 dollars and it's like night and day.

That being said, your biggest issue is going to be picking up microcontroller and powering it mobily. Maybe a pocket C.H.I.P with some headphones?

openaudio.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/a-teensy-hearing-aid.html

I wish there was someone in the biz lurking here.
Is there a universal programming software for them? that would save me a lot of time and trouble.

A bit to big to wear

I still fail to understand the purpose of this thread. If you want to use whatever DSP you attached, you should ask the vendor for the SDK. If they do not deal with individuals experimenting with themselves by not licensing the software to you, you are SOL and should stick to homebrew solution like or any shitty arduino tier micro-controller project.

forgot to attach shitty DIY schematic with possibly discontinued parts

motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/how-to-make-a-hearing-aid-zmaz85mazsie

You sure you can't just get a Chinese cheap piece of junk on aliexpress for cheap? My grandma was happy with it.

I'm considering it tbh.
If OnSemi doesn't deliver the software needed i'm gonna have to go for chink shit

topkek, stick to shilling shit like brave browser.