Rage thread

My university now requires every student to use a [student legal name].[student id]@gmaiil.com address.

what the fuck!!?!!?!?!

ROLL YOUR OWN EMAIL SERVERS YOU FUCKING HACKS!!!

Attached: 1520916949857.jpg (496x427, 39.41K)

Why don't you roll your own student directory? Everyone can give you their name and address (they'll "trust you" dumb fucks!) and then you can eventually allow normalfags to register too!

so what? you can use it only when they want you to, and have a normal email account for everything else.
if they don't know how to protect your data, it will get mistreated anyway, by google or not — just don't give data to university more than absolutely needed.

I'm the only one remotely bothered byt his. What does that tell you?

yeah but it needs a fucking phone number to make an account.

Is OP getting his loans and grants on some bullshit ATM card that charges fees for every purchase that requires a signature (every purchase period) and creates a bank account without his permission or a simple notice?

This clearly has no functional basis.

People cannot be trusted to put their names consistently in their usernames, considering hyphenation, capitalization, multiple names, non-English characters, transcription, etc. etc. etc. And if there is a consistent procedure given, people will fail to apply it properly*.

This means that letters cannot be submitted consistently in an automated basis based solely on known database fields of name and id.

Which in turn means that the database needs a separate "email" field anyway.

Which means that it may just as well let people provide their own ones.

*And if they're going to automatically generate uniformly ASCII-fied strings to enter in usernames, then this proves that

1. they're already willing to get their hands dirty script-wise, so they may as well generate you personal accounts, and
2. they already have means of distributing such strings to you, so those accounts aren't even needed.

Not to mention... why isn't the format simply [school name].[student id]@...?

tl;dr sorry to hear OP, your school is fucktarded.

In what kind of third world country do you live in?

not an american

I'd rather not tell

Kek, I don't think they even considered what you're implying.
yup
They cater to the lowest common denominator. A professor can't make sense of something? Change it!
because that's the format for the internal pozzed "smart" interactive grading software
it indeed is, but I need a degree.

Ah, I see. I must have either idealistically or nostalgically assumed that a school would write/manage their own student database rather than use an external packaged solution. Not that there is anything wrong with proper/properly deployed external solutions, but one that somehow requires people to register with Gmail probably isn't one. Too bad.

Good luck with your degree user.

Here is how it goes: a Google (or any other big company) representative arrives with two suitcases and leaves with just one. The next day everything uses the products of the aforementioned company.

Anyway, my university has either [email protected] or [email protected], whichever you want to use, so it's not like universities have to use Google. It's more likely that someone's pockets got greased a little.

In my previous school, they required everyone to make an fb account, since "no one reads emails anymore".

Felt like killing people, tbh.

You're still overestimating them sweety :)

You see, when a university wants an internal grading system, it pays some pozzed developer upwards of $100k for writing (NOT MAINTAINING) a shitty system that has

Attached: 1523351670358.jpg (462x534, 26.5K)

Don't underestimate the stupidity and laziness of intellectuals. I bet the thought process went like this:

A pen & paper one, I hope.

It actually is believe it or not. Whats the down side?

I don't know a single person AFK who has ever been negatively effected because of those things.

2/10 bait

Here’s your problem.

That's about as "anonymous" as accessing your real name facebook account over Tor.

What's the alternative? Unless you are a chad with good salesman/enterpreneur skills or don't mind menial and taxing physical labor, you're pretty much fucked without a degree career-wise at this point, even if you are relatively young, and if you're past 30 and still without a degree, you are basically fucked completetly (not to mention if you have been struggling with employment and have neet gaps in your resume timeline).

That's rather unprofessional
Even public universities in Romania still roll their own mail servers

Personally I got a degree while not everything was as pozzed as today and I'm working on amasing enough money to retire early to get out of this (soon to be) dystopian nightmare.
Honestly, I'm glad I was born in this era. Most kids these days won't get to experience what an analog life feels like.

Fuck, I obviously meant I'm glad I WASN'T born in this era.

Anybody is free to live an analog life without an addiction to TV, phones or desktop computers. This has nothing to do with CURRENT_YEAR and everything to do with personal values.

Socially you'll be deemed an outcast if you choose to communinicate with others in a non-botnetted way and you'll most likely trouble finding a job, specially a tech-related one.
I'm sure you can if you're a farmer in a small town but that's not the norm. Sure, you could choose to have an analog lifestlye but as soon as you try to do something your movements are going to be recorded and stored.

This. No Facebook, LinkedIn or Google whatever service: no job. Recruiters are social media whores.

More like

Threads such as these >>904522 pretty much prove you're on to something.

Email isn't enough for communication with recruiters? You can choose an email provider of your liking, same as with phone service providers. Not so much with "social media" platforms where every one is distinct and you either use it or not. Linkedin in particular strongly favors people with flawless (or almost-flawless) careers, who did their degrees in time and then had continuous employment (aka a "proven track record" in recruiter speak I guess). As opposed to that, someone who didn't finish their degree (for reasons whatever, be it due to money, family, or anything else) and/or has been neet and has gaps in their resume is basically broadcasting that information to potentially literally anyone.
Also, why are recruiters basically unaccountable individuals who are basically at full liberty to strech and overcomplicate recruitment processes however they like and often pick all the wrong candidates while rejecting others according to some arbitrary personal criteria, and can always either deny there being anything wrong with the recruitment processes or just blame any more blatant mishaps on just anything?

Do earth a favor and burn that botnet university down.

Forward email from that address. It's really gay, but your parents paid for you to become a homosexual.

murikan universities are just tax dodging hedge funds, education isnt their primary interest.

So having a Linkedin profile only makes sense if you have a degree and never have been neet?

I bet it's India.

It won't work. I'm not jewish.

No one reads those anymore. :^)

I literally can't because these faggots also use google sheets and other bullshit

It doesn't. I don't have a phone number linked to my gmail.

I'm 23 without a degree and I work in a corporation as c++ dev. I had to go though 4 interviews unlike my colleges after university, they only had 1, but I got the job. I'm not burger though, maybe you need that there.

At my university we get [email protected], except they have Microsoft host the servers. My university also technically states that we're supposed to only use another e-mail address after graduating and closing our university account, but they can go fuck themselves.

When did you make it? Try doing it now on Tor.

Mine had us submit a work through google forms. It isn't that bad, but the form is locked in and needs you to be logged in to a google account. We have internal emails and a git server. No other course has done that before. It was a shocker, I complained. They did listen to me but I'm unsure if they're going to pay mind to it.

they force you to use jewish botnet commercial mail? that should be illegal
maybe they need a mass shooting or something?

I know that feel bro

???

Try doing it from any android device, it automatically lets you skip the phone number question. I think they do it because they think they'll "get you" later.

Either way I've made hundreds of Gmail accounts just in case.

So you're supposed to put faceberg/linkedin account links in your resume if looking for a job, and won't be contacted if your only contact details are email and phone number?

My uni has [lastname000]@uni.edu where 000 is some numbers. The backend is Gmail botnet though.

Daily reminder that gmail is not real internet. It's literally impossible for me to make a gmail account because I don't own a home internet connection or a phone. I think if you have some IP that hasn't regged a gmail account for a year you can make an account without an IP address (but such a system is still not real internet). If I go to a public place it will ask me for a phone number.

Start sucking dicks and blame your parents when you get AIDS then.

pajeet confirmed

My university requires me to use [user name of choice].[university domain but the entire service is from office 365].edu

aren't there hippiefaggot activists at every uni? surely there's some well-known skeletons in google's closet that would, upon highly public slacktivist moral tantrums, make the uni dissociate with google services.

Attached: tibet google.jpg (568x370, 54.16K)

google has ties to CIA
too bad the protester-crowd are all 'paid volunteers'

Having everyone being hired by generic "recruiters" was a mistake. They are mostly women between ages 25-35 who are selecting candidates based on stereotypes, prejudice and emotions. They routinely employ the "any degree is infinitely better for any job than no degree and job-specific experience", which is utter bullshit. They could hire literally the same person for a dozen completely different jobs if that person fulfills the stereotypic and/or emotional criteria they go by, such as having any degree (major irrelevant), being under , being an extravert with a strong "social media" presence, etc. etc. We need to go back to a model where most of the recruitment process is handled by a person who is competent in the specific area (and ideally part of the team the new employee would be incorporated into) and not generic wymyn "recruiters" who think they are some know-it-all-birds while in reality they just keep using the same stereotypical-emotional cookie cutter each and every time.

Thank psychology "degrees" for that. Introduction of psychology into universities was basically a way to convince women of the "logic" that since every single human field involves the human mind, and since psychology is (purportedly) a rigorous study of the human mind, then somehow a psychology degree makes its recipient competent in literally everything (including hiring decisions in every single occupation). Legitimization of psychology has been a major leftist asset.

(Of course, its usefulness extends far beyond hiring practices: you can also thank it for "emotional intelligence" as a purportedly superior answer to reality of IQ, legitimization of accusations of mental illness in popular discourse, etc., not to mention it's been a breeding ground for all kinds of moral and cognitive relativism. But this is probably not for this thread.)