SeL4 will be ported to RISC-V!

Port just started and as such is very limited, but they're actually doing it! seL4 on RISC-V!
These are two of my most favoritest developing projects. Once seL4's Risc-V port is solid, things should be looking up. Genode apparently has been progressing well lately, so as it keeps going we should end up with a usable userland. Then there's stuff like lowRISC we're still waiting for and I really hope are good. Plus any other RISC-V hardware that gets announced in future.
We could eventually have a viable secure microkernel OS running on the least-pozzed architecture we've ever had.
OwO I can't wait to see what happens!

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (700x538 273.34 KB, 72.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/04/23/risc_v_sel4_port/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

forgot link >_<
theregister.co.uk/2018/04/23/risc_v_sel4_port/

whats sel4 and is risc-v just another embedded processor? o.o?
why is this important? pls explain UwU

But there's no viable POSIX OS running with any L4 derivative, right? Or does Genode fill this gap?

Genode has a POSIX environment as well as SDL, OpenGL (with 3D accel on some Intel chips!), and Qt. Vim, OpenSSH, QtWebkit, and Tux Racer have all been ported.

The thing is that even after reading their about page, it seems to me that the POSIX compatibility is only virtualisation.

Hello there!
seL4 is a microkernel that according to a lot of sources is really really secure, which they verify with all kinds of mathematical formal testing and stuff, . To the point of being basically bug-free! ^.^
Its only gone through the full testing on the ARM platform, but theres plans to do it on x86 and now apparently RISC-V
RISC-V is a new ISA, like x86, ARM, MIPS, POWER, etc ok?
Unlike a lot of the others, it's 100% open source! So less chance of stuff like the x86 botnet duopoly we have now. Anyone can use it freely!
Genode is an OS userland framework that supports a bunch of microkernels, including seL4.

So lets put it all together! UwU
We have the RISC-V CPUs, which in theory should be the most free, least-botnet chips ever.
On those, we would have the nearly bug-free seL4, which after more future development and tests should be able to run on there and be fully formally verified.
And Genode would give us a userland to go with the microkernel!
hope that helps! *snuggles*

Attached: boysOwO.jpg (480x480, 38.49K)

thanks user >///

*filter name* ボタン ^>^ kawaii!!!

kill CIA_NIGGERS.
I don't care if you like boipussy, you are making a mockery of privacy concerned individuals.
Every project designed to unplug from ZOGNET is flooded with fags, pedos (TOR), and trannies (librecoot).
Homos are only useful for destabilizing communities.

Attached: d252ca1f845cbb4922aca6ea5b66a53ca29999a677a31dcbb58639a82f9400c4.png (359x300, 135.75K)

Attached: 31641.jpg (165x233, 10.56K)

Seems great, but I really like Mach (GNU HURD)

I might just join that!

w-why??
i dont like trannies only cute bois especially kitten bois uwu
i-im not a LGBT diversityfag if thats what u mean..

ded project, and also has no goals of formal verification for the kernel and stuff. We'll have to see how Genode progresses, but it seems like they're making more and faster progress on developing a microkernel system than GNU has in decades.

Attached: 9a529db54384d7f6868d59c945d36c5c.jpg (650x1000, 72.55K)

Attached: 1488266912225.jpg (456x461, 45.63K)

Yeah but you still fall into the first two categories. Your posts are generally better quality compared to this wasteland of a board, but please stop flaunting your pedophilia in all of them.

I like this thread

*giggles*
thanks! ^.^
i-i cant help it...

I like you!

So getting back on topic, says they got QtWebKit working on Genode?? Any details? like, is it a full-on native port, or would this be running virtualized Linux?

Attached: lvalavhhyD1qc2uz2o1.jpg (500x500, 70.44K)

W-What's going on in here? Is this a new, kinder, gentler Zig Forums?

Attached: 1512121374015.jpg (800x822, 603.58K)

Your thread is garbage.

maybe ;)

It's a good thread, but the cuteposter is going a little far in the autismorismo.

When is RISC-V going to be available for purchase for end users?

I don't like most of what Hitler did, but he was right in gassing your kind

Now we just need usable RISC-V hardware!

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAHHHH.png (567x462, 166.53K)

No it's a kindergender Zig Forums

im sorry ;_;

I guess the first one with a more acceptable price (not 1000$ like the first one by SiFive) would be lowRISC. They seem pretty committed to open source and not being CIAniggers about it. Their Twitter feed was where I found out about this seL4 update actually.

I hope more comes soon! lowRISC I heard might come out this year!

Attached: 5746cf99a0d44dd4b5717e37462e3a08.jpg (236x333, 14.11K)

Will this take a long time? I imagined porting an OS to a new platform alone takes a while, but writing formal proofs for each platform seems even more time consuming, unless most of the tests are not platform specific (Run for L4 on L4).

I'm itching for a fullstack of efficient, open, and secure platforms. If RISC+L4 is actually that, then good times ahead. I really just want RISC+microkernel for power efficiency + uptime. Everything else is a bonus.

honestly I have no idea how long it would take. My brain-logic is that it would be easier to do it on RISC-V, as it's a simpler architecture than the CISC x86, but idk
I do know that parts of the seL4 codebase are written in assembly specifically for each architcture, so I imagine it does have to be platform specific.
Me too! Thinking about it gets me sooo excited ^.^
Genode actually supports multiple kernels, almost all of them being microkernels.
From the website:

Also, I read some academic paper about L4 in general, and the original idea was actually made to help remedy the overhead/performace issues of microkernels to a certain extent. They're not exactly on par with monolithic kernels, but they should be close enough in modern implementations.

Hey, I've sent you an email again. You should check them periodically :) I was a bit busy the last week, but now I have more time again.

Oh ok I'll reply!

Attached: 1323465_1388551789757_full.jpg (875x657, 81.1K)

Wooooaa user, you are sooooooooo cute, i want to hug you

Attached: 80d8ae10d611e7922497aff66f88607099f75216.png (750x909, 425.97K)

Same here!
*hugs u*
*snuggles*

There was a lot of work done to get Hurd to run on L4 varieties and derivatives like Viengoos.

ASAP, tbqf. And it fucking needs to be $30.