Aspect ratio

Discuss what aspect ratio is better for what and who, and why 4:3 beats all of those.

Attached: t70-680x453.jpg (680x453, 50.79K)

4:3 is pretty solid, but it's still no 1:1.

Attached: human field of vision.jpg (480x472, 54.45K)

you have two eyeballs, so it's like 2:1

16:10 is the golden standard. You can't beat the gold.

4:3 is the best for anything relating to text - this means imageboards/forums/programming. 16:9 is for people that only use their computers for Netflix. 16:10 is the best of both worlds; and 3:2 is inferior to 16:10 but superior to 16:9.

who cares

3:2

Attached: 238533-conference-speaker-steve-ballmer_01.jpg (630x500, 68.92K)

mystery solved

They focus on the same point you retard.

They focus on the same point you retard.

Just like your two posts?

You can find human eye FoV on the net and see why 16:9 is the prefered aspect ratio.

You can find a lot of things on the net. But my source is a NASA study.

Attached: aspect ratios and human field of view.png (1116x734, 218.87K)

Blame this shit board. Where's Hotwheels when you need to blame him for everything?

16:9 or 16:10 is great for video media, but for reading (and also most visual media outside of video), you use a much smaller, more focused portion of your vision. This is why books and e-readers are used in portrate, and why programmers often rotate their screens.

and they didnt take in consideration screen-size?

It's like you only use one window at a time. It isn't 1995 anymore computers can handle many applications at once.

Just bought a brand new 16:10 monitor. It's great, I can't imagine going back to 16:9

16:10 has more resolution than 16:9, and its good compromise against higher resolutions like 4k that take too much resources

if someone would use PC mostly for Netflix, what would be the point to watch stupid movies on small (

why the FUCK can't I get a new 4:3 laptop

pic related is a t70. A modded t60 with modern screen a ñnd hardware.

Because nobody produces 4:3 LCD panels anymore.

Attached: IMG_20180427_114133.jpg (2448x3264, 2.31M)

You could get a Microsoft Surface, most models are 3:2 which is pretty close.

Why nobody produces 4:3 anymore?

MFLB is memetier vapes, get a pax of better yet an arizer solo. We know you don't leave the house

I use mine with NiZn batteries, it doesn't get better than this

Sick headphones. Polite sage.

A wider screen is better because your head is designed to turn horizontally, not vertically.

If you have to turn your head, you sit too close to the screen.

4:3 is the best for dealing with text/browsing the web. Though I will admit 16:9/16:10 is great for tiling window managers, and being able to cross reference things while writing.

Just apply his logic to eyelids instead. Books should really be written horizontally along the long side of the page rather than the short for maximum eyeball efficiency.

Have you ever actually opened a book? If yes then' you'd know that an opened book (i.e. two pages at once facing the reader) is actually more horizontal than vertical.

16:10 is way better then 16:9 for working with double windows of something

16:10 36 inches or more diagonal for desktop monitor = multiple windows multitasking, films.
4:3 or 3:2 13 inches diagonal (below A4 footprint) for laptop computer = 1 web browser window, 1 terminal or 1 text processor window open, desktop switching helps multitasking and focus. 16:10 is "ideal" but it gets neglected when you add taskbars, docks and other horizontal crap UI designers like to shove into our GUIs. Modern portable computers lack vertical space.
1:2 5 inches diagonal for PDA = long text articles reading, instant messages, forums, videoclips.

Aspect ratio is just a preference.

that would be if your field of view of each eye didn't overlap nigger

but muh 2560x1440

You only read one page at a time.

I'd rather a small 4:3 than a big widescreen.

Attached: Osborne1-adventure.jpg (800x600, 44.97K)

my laptop is 16:10 (T500) but my desktop is 4:3 (Compaq p720)

faggot indeed you are, op

This